PDA

View Full Version : Good as grass?

John
26-06-2009, 08:30 PM
Hi :) hope you all had a nice day in the sun, today i was looking at my back yard and was thinking of doing it up for the children to play in, as it's not reg so can't use it in this good weather we are having so parks and beach etc we use.

To my question:laughing: as anyone use artificial grass if so is it any good?

http://www.asgoodasgrass.co.uk/

John.

Blaze
26-06-2009, 08:33 PM
Someone on the forum def has & they love it! Can't remember who though!:rolleyes:

Hebs
26-06-2009, 08:38 PM
i had a quote from them... almost £3k :eek:

got regular turf for £660

:thumbsup:

TheBTeam
26-06-2009, 08:58 PM
I have it and even dh thinks it was one of my better ideas, so must be good!

Honestly we love it! Not got a huge area done and it is fairly expensive, cheaper if you fit yourself, but it has given us almost an extra room in the house, is fantastic for bum shuffling/crawling babies, great with a paddling pool, the whole garden stays clean!! It dries out quickly and therefore gives you a lot longer use during the day and for a lot more of the year.

We used this company to supply and fit,

haribo
26-06-2009, 09:08 PM

Honestly we love it! Not got a huge area done and it is fairly expensive, cheaper if you fit yourself, but it has given us almost an extra room in the house, is fantastic for bum shuffling/crawling babies, great with a paddling pool, the whole garden stays clean!! It dries out quickly and therefore gives you a lot longer use during the day and for a lot more of the year.

could have written this myself ! i have it and love it , its clean and the kids love it thy can play out even if its just rained -- no muddy puddles ( well its me who loves that bit lol) its the best money ive ever spent to be honest . its expensive but no more than carpeting ( which is what its like ) and i only have a small back garden so mine wasnt anywere near 3 grand mind you they have a minimum order of £ 1000 . much cheaper to buy it and fit yourself ;)

TheBTeam
26-06-2009, 09:11 PM
could have written this myself ! i have it and love it , its clean and the kids love it thy can play out even if its just rained -- no muddy puddles ( well its me who loves that bit lol) its the best money ive ever spent to be honest . its expensive but no more than carpeting ( which is what its like ) and i only have a small back garden so mine wasnt anywere near 3 grand mind you they have a minimum order of £ 1000 . much cheaper to buy it and fit yourself ;)

They didn't charge me the minimum order, i had a 4m x 3m piece and fitted it didn't come to £1000, with them doing the digging out and stuff. Maybe they are on harder times and dont enforce the minimum order, mine was fitted less than two weeks after i enquired! love it, and am probably more protective of it than my carpet!:laughing: :laughing:

John
26-06-2009, 09:12 PM

I've sent them the mesurements of what needs doing, i't's not a big area so hopefully they will come back with a quote soon. I'm just feed up not being able to use the space. I have wriiten a plann out for the yard when it as been laid. And the kids will enjoyed it too, so you think it's worth getting:) it looked a good company when i was looking at their website the other day.

John.

TheBTeam
26-06-2009, 09:20 PM
I've sent them the mesurements of what needs doing, i't's not a big area so hopefully they will come back with a quote soon. I'm just feed up not being able to use the space. I have wriiten a plann out for the yard when it as been laid. And the kids will enjoyed it too, so you think it's worth getting:) it looked a good company when i was looking at their website the other day.

John.

I emailed through the site for a quote on a friday, but not known for being patient i rang them on the monday and got a quote over the phone!

YES, no more cutting the grass, no more muddy bits trodden in! I chose the dearest one that they had, something plus? but it is fantastic, really soft, and lush!

Buzz Lightyear
26-06-2009, 09:31 PM
I am eligable for a childminding grant in September and plan to have my backgarden done although it's only a small area. The local garden centre advertises it so will go with them. Cannot remember how much it was per sq. m though but sure hubster will know :thumbsup:

haribo
27-06-2009, 06:45 AM
They didn't charge me the minimum order, i had a 4m x 3m piece and fitted it didn't come to £1000, with them doing the digging out and stuff. Maybe they are on harder times and dont enforce the minimum order, mine was fitted less than two weeks after i enquired! love it, and am probably more protective of it than my carpet!:laughing: :laughing:

they didnt charge me the minimum order either :thumbsup: i just thought was my extraordinary powers of persuasion :laughing: they must try it on with everyone - mine was done for £700 thats them digging out old turf and taking it away too , really good service too :clapping:

Roseolivia
27-06-2009, 07:30 AM
If it's too expensive what about having soft matting put down if it's only a small area.

The Juggler
27-06-2009, 03:31 PM
Our infant school installed it as the grass area was either flooded or barren of grass. It's worked really well.