PDA

View Full Version : has anyone had an enquiry whilst minding?

aly
26-06-2009, 03:58 PM
I made an appt with someone to come today and then last night the 2 schoolies mum asked if i would have them today as a favour.

they are all playing in the room with lego and blocks etc would you stay in same room as them or would the kitchen be ok??

thanks

mammumof4
26-06-2009, 04:07 PM
not sure, im not minding yet so dont know alot! :o i think i would stay in the room with them. remember not to leave them alone with the person who is coming to see you. :thumbsup:

fionamal
26-06-2009, 04:08 PM
Most of my enquiries come whilst im minding as it shows them how I cope with the kids. Our Livingroom and dinningroom are openplan so we generally sit on couch and chat whilst the kids are all playing.

Hope it goes well

little chickee
26-06-2009, 04:09 PM
It depends how near the kitchen is from the lounge - mine are connected by double doors so i woild be able to see them - i think you would be better off in the lounge with them.

Alibali
26-06-2009, 04:25 PM
I never have a first visit while minding as you never know who you're gonna get through the door, I like to meet them and assess the situation before meeting the mindees.

MissTinkerbell
26-06-2009, 04:47 PM
I never have a first visit while minding as you never know who you're gonna get through the door, I like to meet them and assess the situation before meeting the mindees.

Same here.

Deb
26-06-2009, 05:09 PM
I think I must have done - I would sit where I normally sit, except that I rarely sit! I say that I will be working to might be distracted and offer an appointment out of working hours.

Bushpig
26-06-2009, 05:32 PM

Me too.

There is also so much to discuss and show the potential client, my attention would not be on my mindees as they should be. So first meeting is always after hours/Saturday. Then if they're keen to come again and see me 'in action' and discuss things further, sign contracts etc. that can take place with mindees present. I fill out my sections of the contract prior to the client coming, so I am giving the mindees the attention they require.

Chatterbox Childcare
26-06-2009, 05:35 PM
You haven't said what sort of appointment

I have had a workman here today fixing my boiler but at no time were the children left alone - they did however watch and talk to him!

I do have new parents in whilst the children are here so they can actually see how my setting runs and that it isn't always clean, tidy and quiet.

angiemog
26-06-2009, 05:36 PM
I would do the same.... 1st visit when I don't have any mindees. Then I invite them back for a playdate that way they know my attention will be on my mindees and won't be a 'formal' meeting.

Pudding Girl
26-06-2009, 05:50 PM
I try to have first visit when there are no others here for securit reasons plus I cannot concentrate either, you just know someone will poop lol

Doesn't always work that way though

aly
26-06-2009, 06:17 PM
sorry....I made the 'appointment'with a new enquiry for a full timer. this appointment would have been done on my day off which is today a friday. but last minute last nigt i had a text of one of the mums asking if i would have her boys after school today.

anyway she came and the boys were playign nice anyway [thank god] lol. she was here for nearly an hour and half and seems really positive. shes coming back next week with her daughter then we will go from there.:clapping::clapping:

helenlc
26-06-2009, 07:32 PM
At the moment, I try to have people round in the afternoons as my 3 yr old mindee is at pre-school then. He can be very demanding and is especially attention seeking when I am trying to talk to others.

I also find that it's easier to talk to parents without the distractions of the children. If they wanted to take things further, I would probably invite them to attend again when I was actually minding.

Glad things went well today!!

georgie456
26-06-2009, 07:37 PM

I'm the opposite. I always ask new parents to come for their first visit when I'm minding so they can see me in action (so to speak!)

I always try to make the first visit quite relaxed and never overload them with information. If they are interested I then arrange another appointment at a quieter time to go through the 'official' stuff.

Alibali
26-06-2009, 07:37 PM
sorry....I made the 'appointment'with a new enquiry for a full timer. this appointment would have been done on my day off which is today a friday. but last minute last nigt i had a text of one of the mums asking if i would have her boys after school today.

anyway she came and the boys were playign nice anyway [thank god] lol. she was here for nearly an hour and half and seems really positive. shes coming back next week with her daughter then we will go from there.:clapping::clapping:

Sounds really positive, well done.

peanuts
26-06-2009, 09:25 PM
i was out with mindee when someone stopped me up the street asking if i was a childminder and would i mind giving her my details for her daughter who will be looking for someone soon.