PDA

View Full Version : Awful end to the week

grindal
26-06-2009, 03:52 PM
We were on the lawn outside singing and marching around when DS1 (3 yrs) started screaming and hopping around on one foot - he had been stung by a bee. I somehow managed to carry him, ten month old mindee, and dragged 20 month old DS2 all up the steps and into the kitchen. I got the sting out and plunged his foot into an ice cream tub of icy water. They were all screaming/crying by then and mindee had her hands over her ears. He has now crashed out on the sofa with an ice pack on his foot and mindee has been collected....and I am a wreck.

Spangles
26-06-2009, 03:56 PM
That must have been really stressful.

Poor little man. Hope he will feel much better when he wakes. I've never been stung by a bee but imagine it must be extremely painful.

I always get my son to wear some shoes or sandals when outside just for that reason but my hubby thinks I'm fussing! Men!

sarah707
26-06-2009, 03:56 PM
What an awful thing to happen! I hope he's ok.

I believe ice cream usually helps these things feel better xx

grindal
26-06-2009, 03:58 PM
He did actually have a pair of sandals on, but it must have been squashed between the side of the shoe and his foot - if you get me? The sting had not got in properly, but was kind of hanging out. Poor little thing :panic:

Daddy Day Care
26-06-2009, 03:59 PM
awww sorry to hear that.

I have a fear of bees and wasps, got stung when I was 8, I still panick now when they fly around me :blush: but I try not to when kids around dont want them to be scared like me.

Hope your ds is feeling much better when he wakes up, and hope your starting to feel a little clamer now, its friday relazx with a nice glass of wine :D

Gareth
xx

MissTinkerbell
26-06-2009, 04:23 PM
Aww hope the little man is feeling better soon. Agree with Sarah, ice cream helps heaps.

I'm allergic to wasp and bee stings so tend to be quite fearful too.

Tatjana
26-06-2009, 06:00 PM
Oh no, what an end to your week, hope your little one is feeling much better now.

xx

Demonjill
26-06-2009, 06:07 PM
Aww bless. Hope he is better soon!:)

I got stung when i was 14 - i fell asleep on a wasp(it was inside my pillowcase after washing) and the sting was stuck in - ouch very sore and neck was all swollen and stiff!!:eek:

littletreasures
26-06-2009, 06:09 PM
What a shame, sounds like you were having fun.

Hope his foot feels better when he wakes up xx

Twinkles
26-06-2009, 06:19 PM
Poor little guy , hope he's ok now.

I was stung by a wasp when I was about 16. I was at the top of a double decker bus and it flew up the leg of my jeans and stung me :panic: well there was no way at the age of 16 I was going to pull my jeans down in public :blush: so I just had to let it sting me 'till I got home - it was very traumatic at the time :laughing:

wellybelly
26-06-2009, 06:48 PM
Its horrible! Poor poor little lad.

I had let one of my daughters have a friend round and she was stung on the back during a picnic. She screamed and screamed and was shouting my back my back. I had to shew it away from inside her T Shirt. Poor little girl. I cried all the way from the picnic (what a woos! lol! )

newandlearning
26-06-2009, 06:57 PM
arr... poor LO!!

I hope you both feel better by this eve.. isn't it odd how quickly things
can go from fun to poo..

xx:group hug:

Heaven Scent
26-06-2009, 07:05 PM
:group hug: Poor wee boy give him a hug each from each of your buddies on the forum.

ORKSIE
26-06-2009, 07:09 PM
poor little guy, hope he ok now :group hug:

helenlc
26-06-2009, 07:29 PM
I was stung twice when I was little.

DS was stung on holiday when he was about 4 on the bottom of his foot -he trod on it on the way back from the pool - very painful for him. Bless him.

Hope your son is feeling better this evening

georgie456
26-06-2009, 07:33 PM
Oh poor little mite - hope he's ok.

My ds (11mths) put a bee in his mouth that he picked up off the grass at my in-laws at the weekend and was crying and pulling at his tongue - I don't think it got him but it was so upsetting - I feel your pain :(

grindal
26-06-2009, 07:36 PM
Thank you all so much. He is much better now - he woke up and ate chocolate angel delight with milky way stars for tea :eek:
He is now in bed - although when i went up earlier he said it was still hurty

jibberjitz
26-06-2009, 08:24 PM
Oh no! Hope he's ok and you're now chilling with a glass or two :thumbsup: