PDA

View Full Version : Parents just had baby+wnt me to keep space.

RedDragon
26-06-2009, 03:08 PM
I care for a delightful child (aged 2) with equally delightful parents.

Baby born last week.

Mum going back to work February.

Now, parents have asked me to keep open a space.

My usual charge to keep open a space is £10 a week.

When do I start charging? Is it now, when I get an enquiry (so would have to turn enquiry down).

I tend to get a lot of calls now for the summer holidays and also September term so won't have any problem filling a space.

Thanks for any replies.

Blaze
26-06-2009, 03:11 PM
I would charge from now...it's a long time to hold a space on £10 a week.
HTH

Mouse
26-06-2009, 03:22 PM
Have you got the space at the moment? I have a baby starting early next year after one of the other mindees have left. I wouldn't charge the retainer yet as I don't actually have the space now.

Assuming you have a space now, I would start charging when you have an enquiry & actually have to turn work away because of keeping the space open.

RedDragon
26-06-2009, 03:25 PM
Yes, it is a long time - but I am happy at the moment with the amount of work I have, plus the family are lovely and I wouldn't want to fill the space up and have to say Bye to the 2 year old in Feb.

If I was to charge say half fees that baby will be coming to me (in Feb) it would be £35 a week which I just can't ask for.

RedDragon
26-06-2009, 03:26 PM
Have you got the space at the moment? I have a baby starting early next year after one of the other mindees have left. I wouldn't charge the retainer yet as I don't actually have the space now.

Assuming you have a space now, I would start charging when you have an enquiry & actually have to turn work away because of keeping the space open.

Sorry, wrote before I saw your post.

Yes, I do have a space.

RedDragon
26-06-2009, 03:35 PM
Ah, I've just had a thought.

I am keeping a space open for a child until 1 until end September (£10 a week). Child will not be 1 until End December.

Therefore technically I don't have a space until end December do I?

So, I can't take any under 1's on and I should only charge retainer End December.

:confused:

Blaze
26-06-2009, 03:53 PM
That's right...you shouldn't charge the retainer till end of Dec till you have the space...think that's worked out quite nicely!:)