PDA

View Full Version : Am I right to be a but peeved or just expecting too much?

~Chelle~
26-06-2009, 03:06 PM
Well tomorrow is my birthday and not ONE single mindee brought me a card :eek: and I look after 4 children.

I am feeling a little bit peeved about this as I always buy them a pressie and card and whenever it is parents birthday I make a point of getting them a card, in fact was one of the dad's birthdays last week and got him a card.

I also get the children to make pictures and cards for mothers/fathers day and xmas.

Feeling sorry for myself but I thought I was a bit more appreciated than that *sob sob*:(

Well now that they have all gone home I am off to the shops to get myself a well deserved bottle of wine :jump for joy:

Blackhorse
26-06-2009, 03:08 PM
I would be peeved as well.
It is not very nice especially since you do so much for theirs...

Are you sure though they know it is your birthday??

Blaze
26-06-2009, 03:09 PM
I know what you mean...I rarely have received gifts or cards from mindees:(

Happy Birthday & enjoy your wine!:thumbsup:

cabby
26-06-2009, 03:10 PM
my parents are the same, i dont even get a christmas card of some of them:(

~Chelle~
26-06-2009, 03:14 PM
Yep, one of the mums said "oh my, you have the childrens summer fayre on your birthday, oh well enjoy!" and today one of the other mums saw my card and pressie from my friend on the side and said "of course, it is your birthday isnt it, have a good one!".:(

~Chelle~
26-06-2009, 03:16 PM
my parents are the same, i dont even get a christmas card of some of them:(

Sad isnt it :(

Daddy Day Care
26-06-2009, 03:17 PM
Could they possibly bring the cards round to you tomorrow?

Gareth
xx

cabby
26-06-2009, 03:18 PM
oh and happy birthday, hope you have a great dayxx:birthday: :birthday: :birthday:

Mouse
26-06-2009, 03:18 PM
I don't tell the parents when it's my birthday, so I never expect anything!

I might be a bit peeved though if they all knew, but still didn't get a card.

~Chelle~
26-06-2009, 03:27 PM
Could they possibly bring the cards round to you tomorrow?

Gareth
xx

Nope as they know I am at my son's school summer fayre - oh well never mind, I will look on the bright side, it is the weekend - whoo hooo:laughing:

Thank you all for the birthday wishes x

Spangles
26-06-2009, 03:47 PM
Personally, I wouldn't tell the parents it was my birthday in the first place. When they saw my cards I'd be happy with them just saying it, mind you, if they didn't do that I might be a bit jarred off!

Hope you have a great day tomorrow and the weather is nice!

sue m
26-06-2009, 04:26 PM
That's really thoughtless of them when you do such nice things for their birthdays. I still get birthday and Christmas cards from the Mums I minded for many years ago.

Happy Birthday for tomorrow Chelle. :thumbsup:

mum22
26-06-2009, 04:29 PM
Enjoy your wine, and have a fabbo birthday tomorrow:clapping:

Twinkles
26-06-2009, 04:32 PM
It just make s you feel a bit unappreciated though doesn't it ?

I have to say all mine at the moment are very generous and some are even planning something for DH's birthday.

littletreasures
26-06-2009, 04:32 PM
That is something that annoys me as well.

I have had one family for 6 years and never received a birthday card let alone a pressie. Even on my 40th last year I didn't get a card.

I do so much for this family, babysitting in the evenings, etc. They won't let their children go to anyone else, yet they don't seem to appreciate me.

I hope you have a wonderful birthday even if you are spending it at the fair. Hope the weather stays nice as well xxx

~Chelle~
26-06-2009, 04:54 PM
That is something that annoys me as well.

I have had one family for 6 years and never received a birthday card let alone a pressie. Even on my 40th last year I didn't get a card.

I do so much for this family, babysitting in the evenings, etc. They won't let their children go to anyone else, yet they don't seem to appreciate me.

I hope you have a wonderful birthday even if you are spending it at the fair. Hope the weather stays nice as well xxx

Know how you feel, I babysat for one of the families last year on my birthday as they had booked tickets to go and see Bon Jovi and had no one to look after the little one, I did get a small bunch of flowers as a thank you though!

~Chelle~
26-06-2009, 04:54 PM
Thank you all for the birthday wishes x

Deb
26-06-2009, 05:07 PM
It would peeve me too - I put it in my 'diary of events' on the last newsletter lol 2 of my parents are very generous tho and buy stuff all the time, one brought me two loaves of homemade bread today - mmm

:clapping: happy birthday for tomorrow X

Bushpig
26-06-2009, 05:14 PM
Have a wonderful birthday tomorrow! :birthday:

Please don't let these people spoil it for you in any way, people are so caught up in their own lives and bubble. Frustrating but true :(

Enjoy the vino!!!! :thumbsup:

ORKSIE
26-06-2009, 05:26 PM
I dont usually get birthday pressies, but thats cos I dont tell em its my birthday:D

Chatterbox Childcare
26-06-2009, 05:27 PM
I don't expect it for my birthday but one or two bother.

Always get loads at Christmas though.

Demonjill
26-06-2009, 05:39 PM
Enjoy your wine and have a fab birthday tomorrow!!:thumbsup:

uf353432
26-06-2009, 05:52 PM
Got to be honest I think you are expecting too much really. I had a childminder for 3 years and never once gave her a card on her birthday. I always bought for her own kids at xmas and birthdays and made sure she had a nice bottle of something at Xmas as a thankyou. It simply would not have occured to send her a card for her birthday. She was my childminder not my friend at the end of the day and I struggle to remember my friends birthdays :laughing:

My old mum used to say - expect nothing and be grateful for what you get - its not a bad mantra to live by - that way you don't end up dissappointed.

Happy Birthday tommorrow btw - hope you have a lovely one

Tatjana
26-06-2009, 05:53 PM
Aww, bless you, I think i would be upset too especially when you do so much for them....babysitting on your own birthday???! NOOO, you do too much!

Have a FAB BIRTHDAY tomorrow!:D :thumbsup:

xx

Angela234
26-06-2009, 06:00 PM
I don't tell them when my birthday is over the years a couple have found out and given me cards and either flowers or wine (i don't drink wine}

Don't think some would bother if they did know

Have a nice birthday :clapping:

rickysmiths
26-06-2009, 06:20 PM
Have a fantastic birthday tomorrow.:birthday: :birthday: :birthday:

newandlearning
26-06-2009, 07:06 PM
:birthday: :birthday: :birthday:

well.. try not to get down about it.. I'm sure your nearest and dearest
will spoil ya rotten.. I know this is easier said than done though me dear..
at Xmas I bought my mindees a tenna worth of pressie each, cards etc etc.. got nothing for Xmas, or my 40th and then when I invited them to my son's bday they didn't come and have him a cheap as chips gift which was already broken..

I think sometimes people just don't think out of their own box.. when
I worked for a private school many moons ago I had mum's that brought
me in banana bread regular and perfume and stuff.. valentines and xmas
were well worth waiting for..xx

a slightly wicked thought but how about charging them all a fiver a week
over the summer for outings .. and use this to buy a cheeky belated pressie..:thumbsup:

littletreasures
26-06-2009, 07:11 PM
I don't expect presents, but a card from the children would be nice!!

~Chelle~
26-06-2009, 07:18 PM
I don't expect presents, but a card from the children would be nice!!

This would have been lovely or a little drawing from the little ones, oh well *sigh*!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes and for all your input, I appreciate all the comments :o)

Alibali
26-06-2009, 07:19 PM
I don't tell them when my birthday is either. That said I had to this year as it was my 40th and hubby had planned a long weekend so had to let them know for time off. I was overwhelmed by the beautiful gifts I received, I think I may from now on tell them all when it is:laughing: :laughing:

Hope you have a fabby birthday, I'm having a wee glass of wine to celebrate for you:D

Daftbat
26-06-2009, 10:38 PM
Its mine on Sunday and i haven't had anything either! Never mind though - as i am 43 this time i am happy for a qjuiet day and just glad i won't actually be working for a change.

A couple of children have twigged and said that if they had known they would have got me a present - that was nice. But to be honest i haven't broadcast it and i am ok with them not dpoing anything.

Happy Birthday for tomorrow:clapping:

Chimps Childminding
26-06-2009, 10:49 PM
One of my parents always buys me a lovely present and a card, but none of the others bother. I have been looking after the children from one family for 11 years and never in all that time had a card and they only live over the road. That said, my triplets were 18 last week, balloons, banners the lot all round the house and she never said a word :angry: not a happy birthday or anything!!!!! sometimes I think we are just a convenience :(

Chimps Childminding
26-06-2009, 10:50 PM
Oh forgot with all my moaning!!!!! :birthday: for tomorrow hope you have a lovely day!!!!!!

ORKSIE
26-06-2009, 11:11 PM
Well... If my family forgot...Woe betide.
I remember my mindees, thats what matters to me:thumbsup:

Gherkin
26-06-2009, 11:25 PM
I do not let the parents know it is birthday and to be honest I really do not care. I always make sure I do not work on my birthday and that is always a bonus.

Not even that fussed about xmas cards (makes more work for me if everyone I knew sent them!)

Hope you have a great day regardless of the cards you recieve.

wendywu
26-06-2009, 11:46 PM
My parents really spoil me both birthdays and christmas.:clapping:

Have a happy birthday:clapping:

ORKSIE
27-06-2009, 07:48 AM
:birthday: Chelle, hope you have a lovely Dayx

RedDragon
27-06-2009, 07:59 AM
Happy Birthday :clapping:

cherry pink
27-06-2009, 08:54 AM
happy birthday chelle :birthday: :birthday:

and also to penny for sunday :birthday: :birthday:

enjoy your weekend girls

slash xx

huggableshelly
27-06-2009, 08:57 AM
well on the upside ... you dont have to remember to say thankyou to them!

I normally get a card and flowers off one parent but nothing of the others (I care for 14 children) then xmas its usually a card of most and chocs of wine off a couple.

Daddy Day Care
27-06-2009, 09:04 AM
Happy Birthday chelle hope tyou have a lovely day

Gareth
xx

Blackhorse
27-06-2009, 09:25 AM
:birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

~Chelle~
27-06-2009, 10:06 AM
Thank you all, off to my sons summer Fayre in a bit and the sun is shining :clapping:

helenlc
27-06-2009, 10:09 AM
Happy Birthday to you!!!!

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

TheBTeam
27-06-2009, 07:29 PM
I don't usually get anything, but i don't really let on it is my birthday, even my 40th! I think i have had one bunch of flowers from one family before, some get us things at christmas tho, some will one year and not the next!

The worst thing that did happen that really annoyed me is one mum who has a boy who is the same age as my daughter bought my dd a cheap selection box but didnt get my son, who was old enough to know one, i wanted to give her it back and say don't bother, but then i though what does that achieve if she wants to do that should i really stop her! (still thought tight old bag tho!)

julie w
27-06-2009, 08:50 PM
Just one bottle!!! I feel the same.I try to make an effort when it is a parents birthday. Usually because i like the parent, but if I'm honest, it sticks in the parents mind, they tell everyone how lovely I am and word passes round and i get more work lol. Just being honest. But my birthday is mine, and it hurts if people don't make that bit of effort to show their appreciation, So I know how you feel.But we're all on your side. So happy birthday. Have a good one.xxx.:D

PixiePetal
27-06-2009, 09:08 PM
Hope you had a good birthday. :)

I get cards and presents from some and not others, also same for my kids.

Don't make a big deal of it, but if I am working I make a cake and we have a birthday lunch/tea, the mindees love it - any excuse for cake!

HENNY
27-06-2009, 09:41 PM
Have a great Birthday!:clapping: :clapping: :jump for joy: :clapping: :clapping:

LittleMissSparkles
27-06-2009, 09:56 PM
sorry its late hope you have had a lovely birthday xxx

i never get a card from my mindee's either , dont let it bother you though babe xxx

mrs c
28-06-2009, 06:55 AM
Hope you enjoyed your birthday.
I get a card and pressies from all but one of my parents. One parent gets me my favourite tipple :blush: and another parent even gets me something at the end of summer term. :thumbsup:

FizzysFriends
28-06-2009, 07:57 AM
Did you have a good birthday?

Mine don't bother and they also don't say thank you when I make the effort and give mindees and parents cards/presents.