PDA

View Full Version : I'm slowly losing the will to live!!!!!!!

AliceK
26-06-2009, 03:00 PM
:angry: :angry: I've just about had enough now. I started my ICP course 4mths ago, had my pre-reg inspection etc etc everything was going well. FINALLY after many weeks and lots of chasing I got my CRB back and then about a week later other half got his thro and omg he had been a naughty boy about 20 years ago. Nothing too serious. I was devastated, this came through on my birthday too, what a great day. Anyway Ofsted called him about 10 days ago to speak to him about it and why he had not put it on his form, he said he thought he only had to declare anything in the last 10 years. Anyway they said fine etc. Then when I called them to chase what was happenning they said they were waiting for my personal references to come back. So I chased my friends and that was done, Ofsted confirmed they have received them. Then after my Dr's surgery having my health dec for about a month before getting it filled out Ofsted then tell me they have had to send it back to the Dr's as the Dr had not filled out 2 tick boxes on 2 questions :angry: . SO, I chased the Dr's and they have now sent it back to Ofsted, I called Ofsted this morning to confirm they have it. Then yesterday Ofsted call my other half AGAIN to ask him the same questions about his CRB. They then told him they would call me. Well they didn't yesterday but today I have got a missed call on my landline and my mobile from a with-held number which I bet was them. They didn't leave a msg. I don't know what is going on and I am getting more and more frustrated every day. When oh when is this all going to end. I need my certificate, my potential mum needs to go back to work in 2 weeks and she needs me to have her 2 children. AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH Sorry for the long rant :blush:

sarah707
26-06-2009, 03:05 PM
Sounds like you are having a really tough time.

So many people ask us when they first start the process how long it's going to take and it's stories like yours that make us say there's just no telling.

I really hope it is sorted out soon xx

~Chelle~
26-06-2009, 03:32 PM
It is such a long and drawn out process isnt it.

With one thing and another it took my application a total of.........drum roll.......... 9 months from start to finish!!!!

Mainly waiting for the dr's to send back the form, got a bit miffed that after 3 months and me paying them £70.00, I went in and chased it up only for the receptionist to say it was still in the dr's in tray. I caused a big fuss and refused to leave until he had signed it, which he did.

I then had to wait for CRB check, because apparently they not only had to search in Kent, where I know live but London, where I used to live and London checks were taking 3-4 months!!

You will get there in the end, I would keep chasing them until they get sick of you!

Good luck with it all x

AliceK
26-06-2009, 03:48 PM
You will get there in the end, I would keep chasing them until they get sick of you!

Good luck with it all x

:laughing: thats my thoughts exactly. I've been calling them about 1 thing or another virtually every other day.
Thanks

xxx

chewy sweets
26-06-2009, 04:40 PM
don't give up hope. I'm sure things will be sorted soon!:thumbsup:

bones01
26-06-2009, 07:32 PM
Hi i am in the same situation , i had somt things on my hubbys that over 3 weeks ago they called and asked for more info in writing they did , been waiting and ringimng 2 a week since only todau to be told that she is now away till the 16th july and no one else can help or say yey or ney !!!!!! its so frustrating , good luck hope you get it sorted soon x x x x

jibberjitz
26-06-2009, 08:10 PM
I really feel for you as the whole process is not an easy or speedy one! Stick with it and keep hassling them and I hope things move along a bit quicker for you :thumbsup:

AliceK
27-06-2009, 01:41 PM
Thanks for all your support. I guess wait and hassle ofsted is all I can do. Just hope I don't lose this mum that wants me.

xxxxxx