PDA

View Full Version : When mindees leave you...

Buzz Lightyear
26-06-2009, 12:58 PM
... do you buy them a gift?

My mindee has been with me since April (when I started) and is leaving beginning of July. Just wondering whether I should get a little gift for him. Not quite sure what though so if you do, let me know what you get for some inspiration :thumbsup:

grindal
26-06-2009, 01:00 PM
My mindee is leaving in July too after starting in May. I was gonna make a bit of party type afternoon tea for her and then, take a nice photo and make into a card I can post to the parents at a later date. No present as such though - but then she is only 10 months!!

venus89
26-06-2009, 01:00 PM
I do. I think it's a nice end for them and something to remind them of you

christinajanep
26-06-2009, 01:01 PM
i do buy them a gift but only something small.. plus a card with all the hand prints in of the other children with there names next to them.

Mouse
26-06-2009, 01:08 PM
I usually buy a book that I can write a message in. I try to get a book that has been a favourite while they've been with me.

Once though I bought a little boy a Scooby Doo suitcase on wheels. I wouldn't normally buy a 'character' toy, but he was Scooby Doo mad and absolutely loved his trolley case. His mum said he took it everywhere with him!

I also do a photo in a frame and a card from all the mindees.

~Chelle~
26-06-2009, 01:19 PM
I had a little one from the age of 3 until he started school last september. My hubby is pretty nifty with the computer and put the boys face on ben 10's body (his fave) and printed it off into a leaving card.

I also gathered all the kids (mine and mindees) together and took a photo of them all and put it in a frame for him and also one of me and him together and put it in a frame also. These were all put inside a Ben 10 lunch box for school.

I have had some lovely gifts from children that leave to move on to school etc and some really lovely cards which are all kept on a display board.

One of my favourite cards is from the little one that I currently mind and it says "happy xmas to my childminder", didnt even know they did childminder cards and was chuffed to bits - slightly off topic there lol

Alibali
26-06-2009, 04:36 PM
Just had an after schoolie leave today. We made him a wee booklet with pictures of him doing some activities and then a photo of all the other kids with a wee comment from each of them.

I also gave him a Roald Dahl book. We had a tea party too and invited some other minders over.