PDA

View Full Version : nappy wrapper machines

Polly2
26-06-2009, 12:03 PM
Sorry don't know their proper name :blush:

What do you all think of them? Worth getting one?

misst104
26-06-2009, 12:08 PM
I had one of the tommee tippee ones for ds1 (now 4 years old). I didn't really like it that much as it kept getting stuck and did get smelly even though I regularly washed it and disinfected. I know a lot of people who do like them though. I prefer to double bag and throw in the bin now.

xxx jo

sarah707
26-06-2009, 12:08 PM
I had one when my children were small.

The smell when I unrolled it was awful and I was forever sanitising the top in case one of the children touched it.

The roll was expensive to buy as well.

Sorry I'm not selling it am I? :laughing:

It's good if you don't have immediate access to outside and you want nappies out of the way.

I would empty it every day and risk assess children touching it / getting into it etc.

Hth :D

venus89
26-06-2009, 12:14 PM
I had a sangenic nappy wrapper. They don't stop the smell and they unwind when you try to take the lot out. The cutting mechanism didn't always work. They have their uses but if you can just bung them outside straight away you'd be advised to save your money IMO.

ORKSIE
26-06-2009, 12:21 PM
I have not heard of these, but dont sound a lot of cop so i dont think i will be investing( I sound like a Dragon) I'm not... Im an Orksie:D

Louise_Oaktree
26-06-2009, 12:24 PM
I have one upstairs to use in the night when don't want smelly nappies left lying around but not for minded children.

venus89
26-06-2009, 12:26 PM
I have one upstairs to use in the night when don't want smelly nappies left lying around but not for minded children.

I think they're good for that, expecially with a newborn, but as you say not for minded children. My nappies go straight outside.

venus89
26-06-2009, 12:27 PM
I think they're good for that, expecially with a newborn, but as you say not for minded children. My nappies go straight outside.

I mean, those belonging to my mindees :blush:

little chickee
26-06-2009, 12:27 PM
There used to be one of these at my toddler group and was fiddly, smelly, didn't always work properly and was more trouble than it was worth so would def not use one - just bag it and bin it.

Polly2
26-06-2009, 12:42 PM
hmmmmmmm sounds like a thumbs down :D

Was thinking of investing but main reason was because I thought it might reduce smell.

Sounds like I am sticking to good old nappy sacks! Thanks ladies as always!

venus89
26-06-2009, 12:45 PM
hmmmmmmm sounds like a thumbs down :D

Was thinking of investing but main reason was because I thought it might reduce smell.

Sounds like I am sticking to good old nappy sacks! Thanks ladies as always!

They don't (or didn't when I used them mhen dd was a baby, 8 years ago.....). Nappy sacks you can tie up tight and because these unwind in the machine the smell doesn't get to contained.

grindal
26-06-2009, 12:56 PM
I have to say I loved mine! Used it when DS2 was born and DS1 was still in nappies. Cant remeber what make it was, I gave it to a friend a year or so back and have regretted it since I started minding a baby. I tend to take mindees dirty nappies with me on playgroup runs now and drop them in handy bins along the route!!
It did reduce smells, but the refills were expensive -which is why we gave it away!!

Deb
26-06-2009, 01:19 PM
I used washables with all of mine so didnt have the need for one of these, and wouldnt bother with minded children - I expect a bag and bin would be sufficient.

jibberjitz
26-06-2009, 08:27 PM
I had one and found it smelly, much prefer nappy sacks:)

bibby76
27-06-2009, 08:43 PM
me too, i had one and it smelt all the time even after cleaning and disinfecting!!!
i stick with nappy bags and an outside dustbin, with lid of course.:o

charleyfarley
27-06-2009, 08:54 PM
I've got one somewhere, not used since Charley was born, she's now 6. Shouldn't have bothered buying it really total waste of money for me

carol xx