PDA

View Full Version : arrrrggghhhh help plz!!!

emmadines
17-02-2008, 02:28 PM
:panic: :panic: :panic: I dont know if this is in the right part but I have ofsted comming tomorrow with my pre reg check...................................... what do I need to expect??? what do I need??? what do I need to know???

I have read the guidence but it isnt actually sitting in my head (think it misses the ear hole!?!?)

and surggestions etc would be great!!!

Emma
xxx

littlesprogs
17-02-2008, 02:38 PM
There are loads of other threads around about what to expect at inspection so have a look around and i'm sure you'll find what you need.

Louise x

littlesprogs
17-02-2008, 02:39 PM
oh and good luck!! Hope it goes well :D

sarah707
17-02-2008, 02:50 PM
You'll be fine Emma... just make a list of all the questions you want to ask the inspector and keep her busy talking.. that way she won't have time to look at anything else! ;)

Good luck :D

miffy
17-02-2008, 02:58 PM
Don't panic Emma you'll be fine

Good luck

Miffy xx

LittleMissSparkles
17-02-2008, 03:04 PM
be yourself and im sure you will be great, good luck xxx

angeldelight
17-02-2008, 03:12 PM
Good luck Emma they are there to help you - hope it goes ok

Angel xx

Spangles
17-02-2008, 05:23 PM
Good luck - you'll find loads of info on here about it to help you out.

deeb66
17-02-2008, 06:26 PM
Good luck Emma

I am sure you will be fine

Don't forget to let us know how you get on.

ruby
17-02-2008, 06:38 PM
good luck for tomorrow emma

it will be fine just be yourself

cathy and rachel

Mollymop
17-02-2008, 06:44 PM
You really, really don't need to worry about it emma. I promise. I worried about not knowing the guidance/standards really well, but because I had done the ICp course and been on this site loads I was ok. They won't test your knowledge or anything like you would expect them to do, they will ask you questions about how you will keep them healthy, what you will feed them, would you look after kids with special needs, etc, tell them about all the obvious things you will do, etc.
Good luck X

emmadines
17-02-2008, 07:05 PM
so would i be right in just saying same sort of things i would feed my own kids, play games with them, take them to this place and that??? (if that made sence????

it cant be that much different then the sort of things i do with my own kids kids can it??

deeb66
17-02-2008, 07:11 PM
so would i be right in just saying same sort of things i would feed my own kids, play games with them, take them to this place and that??? (if that made sence????

it cant be that much different then the sort of things i do with my own kids kids can it??

That's right Emma :thumbsup:

emmadines
17-02-2008, 07:13 PM
i read somewhere on here that someone was worried about their inspection as their friend got refused! sorry to sound dumb but what sort of things would they say that you couldnt do childminding?:blush:

deeb66
17-02-2008, 07:21 PM
There are quite a few things that you could be refused on but they are not generally silly little things iyswim.

That lady should have been told why she was refused and without knowing that reason I couldn't really comment but it could have been something to do with her suitability.