PDA

View Full Version : Why can't they tell me plans have changed

grindal
26-06-2009, 07:34 AM
Last night when mindee was collected Dad said he would collect her at half one today as he had an appt. Great - me and DS1 and 2 were gonna collect DH from work and go for a picnic tea. This morning he said, oh change of plan - mum will collect her at normal time. Feel slighty annoyed - I did not feel I could say No you cant we have plans as they have paid till half four, but it does seem a bit inconsiderate of them :rolleyes:

ORKSIE
26-06-2009, 08:35 AM
I agree Grindal it is very annoying, I would have said "Oh sorry, but I have made plans now cos you didnt need me":)

Tired
26-06-2009, 08:35 AM
i agree that it is annoying. I have a mum who always does things like this.
But as you say, we are contracted to certian times, so what can you do.
I sympathise, a picninc would have been fun.

tigger
26-06-2009, 08:46 AM
I must admit I would feel really disappointed aswell. Sometimes parents think that you are only there for their child completely forgetting you have a family of your own aswell, who's children also like to spend time with their mummy without the childminded children being around. I know that you are contracted to have them but a little courtesy from parents also goes a long way too. I hope you still get to have your picnic with your little one.

Mollymop
26-06-2009, 08:50 AM
I know how you feel it is very annoying.

One mindee was supposed to go home at 4pm on Wednesday so that meant we couldn't go to the park, (had promised dd we would) then mum text me once we got home at 3.50 and asked me if I would have her until 5.00 so she could stay at home to finish some course work. I could have gone to the park after all.:mad: Just annoys me that she could have given me a few hours notice.

Mouse
26-06-2009, 08:59 AM
It is annoying when parents change plans and seem to think you can just fit in around them.

I've been a bit narked this week with one of my parents. I normally have the children on a Friday, but she asked if I'd have them on Tuesday instead this week. I agreed as I was working on Tuesday anyway & it meant I would have today off with my younger 2 who have an inset day.
On Tuesday morning she didn't arrive with the children & it turned out she'd forgotten she'd asked me to change days. Now I have had to have one of them for a couple of hours today while she takes the other one on a nursery visit. I was annoyed that she just took it for granted that I would be able to do today. I could have made plans with my two, but she didn't consider that.

I know I could have said no to today as she admitted it was her fault she got the days wrong, but in all other ways she is a model parent and I rarely have anything to complain about!

grindal
26-06-2009, 09:59 AM
Thank you all - we will not be able to go on the picnic, and luckily I had not told the boys we were going - but when mindee has gone home we will have tea on the lawn in the garden.

her8y
26-06-2009, 10:54 AM
Its so annoying:angry:.
Tuesday I was told I would not be needed on Wednesday by one of my mindees parents, so rearranged my day only for a phone call Wednesday saying i will be coming in half an hour!
Yesterday was told half an hour before arrival they were not coming but "thats ok coz I could have a day to myself and I am being paid for not working!!!!!" What about my plans and THE OTHER mindees I had:censored: :censored: :censored:

ORKSIE
26-06-2009, 12:15 PM
Thank you all - we will not be able to go on the picnic, and luckily I had not told the boys we were going - but when mindee has gone home we will have tea on the lawn in the garden.

Ahhh Thats nice. Take a brolly, in my area we are expectint Thunder storms, hope they stay away from you till after you have had you tea:)

Louise_Oaktree
26-06-2009, 12:23 PM
Mine drop child off say "We'll be collecting him at lunch time today" then don't turn up till 5pm :angry: