PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P MICHAEL JACKSON

angeldelight
26-06-2009, 05:02 AM
I know a thread was started last night but a lot of you will be getting up this morning to this news for the first time

How very very sad

I grew up listening to his music although never really a fan you have to say he was fantastic

My son then did become a fan so we always had his music in our house

He was so very weak though but still only 50 how very sad

My thoughts are with his family

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Showbiz-News/Michael-Jackson-Dies-Of-Heart-Attack-After-Being-Rushed-To-UCLA-Hospital-In-Los-Angeles/Article/200906415319936?lpos=Showbiz_News_News_Your_Way_Re gion_5&lid=NewsYourWay_ARTICLE_15319936_Michael_Jackson_D ies_Of_Heart_Attack_After_Being_Rushed_To_UCLA_Hos pital_In_Los_Angeles

Angel xx

angeldelight
26-06-2009, 05:50 AM
Carol here is the thread

Angel xx

charleyfarley
26-06-2009, 05:52 AM
Thanks Angel, I didn't realise it was here.

What a shock

Carol xx

angeldelight
26-06-2009, 05:54 AM
Thanks Angel, I didn't realise it was here.

What a shock

Carol xx

Yes it is a shock

My son loved him when he was younger and dressed up like him at the fancy dress in April

I bet his true fans are really upset today

xx

Demonjill
26-06-2009, 06:01 AM
Yeah it is sad and a huge shock.

I always react quite badly when a celeb dies and its wierd cos i dont even know them do i but it still hits you for six doesnt it?

I loved him when i was younger, me and my big bruv used to dress up as him - trousers at half mast, spangly glove on 1 hand and moonwalk round living room to "Billie Jean""

The world of his fans are going to react extremely ott today o think he is their god! (im not that bad lol)

Anyway R I P Jacko you are a true legend:thumbsup:

Pauline
26-06-2009, 06:26 AM
I was really shocked when I heard the news this morning.

So sad. :(

Angela234
26-06-2009, 06:30 AM
Was shocked to hear this.

It's very sad news i like you Angel wasn't really a fan but he was a great singer and dancer i did enjoy some of his songs.

Very sad day for a lot of people

emler
26-06-2009, 06:34 AM
I was a fan of his music when I was younger & thought he was an amazing dancer - so shocked this morning.

Peppa
26-06-2009, 06:50 AM
Micheal's music was fantastic! Always on in our house, my sister was a very big fan! Also I remember when I was fostered (Left by my mum) I listened to michaels songs as these I felt reminded me of my good family times! You are not alone basically came out around the same time of my mum basically leaving me, so i felt like he was singing to me! All those late nights crying listening to him!

R.I.P Michael Jackson my thoughts are with your three children!

Mollymop
26-06-2009, 06:51 AM
I am shocked about his death. Darren phoned me about half hour ago and told me to put the news on. I couldn't believe it.

he is in a better place now

Pipsqueak
26-06-2009, 07:01 AM
Oh my goodness, the last thing I heard on the news was that he had been taken to hospital because he was ill.
how sad. RIP and my thoughts to his family.

sarah32
26-06-2009, 07:04 AM
Ive just heard the news.

Very shocked.

devoncm
26-06-2009, 07:06 AM
I heard this on last nights news,i was very surprised and shocked, although i wasnt much of a fan he did have some good songs
RIP Micheal

michellethegooner
26-06-2009, 07:08 AM
heard this last night, how very sad.

Feeling very shocked, wasnt a huge fan, but loved him as a child.

R.I.P michael and my thoughts are with your family

jessie1
26-06-2009, 07:09 AM
I found out last night and stayed awake until 3am watching BBC news. I was and am still a fan. DH bought me one of his double CD's 2 months ago even though I have all of it already:crying: :crying: :crying:
I am as shocked if even more than when i was 12 years ago when Diana's news came on sky but then at the time she was in hospital but I waited until they announced she died.

cherry
26-06-2009, 07:10 AM
I was so shocked when I heard the news this morning, I am nearly the same age as Michael and grew up loving his music.

I have so many memories when I listen to his music.

Youth club evenings trying to moonwalk :laughing: , when I was feeling sad, listening to him singing Ben, which I later found out was about a rat:laughing:

The first time I saw the video Thriller and thinking how brilliant and it was and how much it scared me.

Going to see him in concert with friends and knowing that the small speck on stage the was the great Michael Jackson.

I cannot believe how much this news has upset me.

R.I.P. Michael

LittleMissSparkles
26-06-2009, 07:11 AM
as an artist he was amazingly talented

rest in peace xxx

katickles
26-06-2009, 07:31 AM
I just heard this morning - totally shocked.

R.I.P

ajs
26-06-2009, 07:37 AM

rest in peace xxx

RIP Michael Jackson

at least his children stand a chance of a normal life now

( sarah you are no fun whatsoever)

angeldelight
26-06-2009, 08:20 AM
RIP Michael Jackson

at least his children stand a chance of a normal life now

( sarah you are no fun whatsoever)

Yeah I agree it is sad for his children

xx

Mrs.L.C
26-06-2009, 08:20 AM
Totally shocked. RIP Jacko

Mollymop
26-06-2009, 08:33 AM
Saw one of my mum's up the school this morning and she was crying her eyes out. She is such a big fan of his. I felt so sorry for her.

LOOPYLISA
26-06-2009, 08:57 AM
I was so not a fan, really didnt like him, still very sad though

Mouse
26-06-2009, 09:04 AM
I wasn't a fan at all, but I can't deny that some of his music was good. Love him, or hate him, he was a pop icon and will be remembered & talked about forever.

It's a very sad day for his family, friends and many many fans.

Wiggly
26-06-2009, 09:33 AM

rest in peace xxx

Totally agree.

Very sad news.

Wiggly
x

venus89
26-06-2009, 09:48 AM
Saw one of my mum's up the school this morning and she was crying her eyes out. She is such a big fan of his. I felt so sorry for her.

Sorry, but that's OTT, even if you are a fan.
I wasn't a fan of his but for me the shock of somebody dying so (relatively) young and leaving kids behind and so suddenly is always sad, regardless of fame, taent or potential dubious sanity

Hebs
26-06-2009, 10:27 AM
best thing that could have happened for him as he is at peace now,

he'd had a rough few years, i often wonder if the stories were true or just people out to get money?

i wasn't a huge fan but i did like his songs, he was always be remembered just like Elvis :)

venus89
26-06-2009, 10:32 AM
[QUOTE=Artful Dodger;459502]
i often wonder if the stories were true or just people out to get money?
QUOTE]

That's just it, isn't it? There are people even now saying some pretty vile things about him - one of the quotes on Facebook from a friend of a forum member, involving an Etch a sketch sticks in the mind - but at the end of the day he was never convicted. Legally. But the accusations stuck like mud. Who's to say if they were true or not?

angiemog
26-06-2009, 10:33 AM
I was following the news early hours too, was so very shocked to hear it.
I thought he was a fantastic artist and performer. I hope the privacy of his little ones will be respected by the media. Although I have never been a huge fan I feel so sad for the many fans who will be devasted along with his family and close fans. RIP Michael, A true star who's name will go down in history and never forgotton xxxx

Gizmo
26-06-2009, 11:03 AM
Was shocked to hear the news I always liked his music
RIP

Mollymop
26-06-2009, 11:06 AM

Don't be so hard! I know if it were my fave artist I would be blubbing my eyes out too:rolleyes:

rickysmiths
26-06-2009, 11:22 AM
Sorry I've made a right mess of this I'll try again!

venus89
26-06-2009, 11:26 AM
Don't be so hard! I know if it were my fave artist I would be blubbing my eyes out too:rolleyes:

At the school gates? Would you really?

We've had 2 mums at school who have had a children die and have gone to school the next day and managed to not cry their eyes out. They had a bit ore dignity.

rickysmiths
26-06-2009, 11:32 AM
I wasn't a fan of his but for me the shock of somebody dying so (relatively) young and leaving kids behind and so suddenly is always sad, regardless of fame, taent or potential dubious sanity

I have to agree with Venus89. I think the whole coverage is way over the top and the way complete strangers are reacting is way OTT.

He was a great star and talent and he will never be forgotten. But have we forgotten some of the more odd things in the last few years? He has not been a well man for many years and we should let him rest in peace with dignity and allow his family to grieve in peace and quiet, not a media circus which is what it is turning into.
I am really sorry if this offends some people:blush:

ORKSIE
26-06-2009, 11:34 AM
Sorry I've made a right mess of this I'll try again!

You ok Ricky?

Mollymop
26-06-2009, 11:35 AM
At the school gates? Would you really?

We've had 2 mums at school who have had a children die and have gone to school the next day and managed to not cry their eyes out. They had a bit ore dignity.

Some people can't help their emotions that's all I mean. I don't think she was trying to gain any attention, she said she was "silly" about it.

I am one of these types who can't help feeling upset about tragic things. I don't think it's about "dignity" it's about the how you show/can handle your emotions. I cry when I watched 101 dalmations last night, it doesn't mean I have no dignity.

angeldelight
26-06-2009, 11:36 AM

Omg if it were my gorgeous Enrique I would be sobbing my little heart out

I do not think it matters that you did not know them it is upsetting

Angel xx

ORKSIE
26-06-2009, 11:36 AM
You ok Ricky?

Not to worry, we were writing at the same time, and I didnt understand what you meant. I do now:D

angeldelight
26-06-2009, 11:37 AM
Not to worry, we were writing at the same time, and I didnt understand what you meant. I do now:D

I am confused ha ha

xxx

Rasharoon
26-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Certainly a headline I wasn't expecting to wake up to this morning. I was never a fan although there was the odd song I liked and I think I've got the Thriller Video on my iPod!!
Such a shame though. RIP MJ. xx

ORKSIE
26-06-2009, 11:39 AM
He has not been a well man for many years and we should let him rest in peace with dignity and allow his family to grieve in peace and quiet, not a media circus which is what it is turning into.

I agree with you Ricky, and the media always turn celebs deaths, funerals and weddings into a circus.

venus89
26-06-2009, 11:39 AM
I have to agree with Venus89. I think the whole coverage is way over the top and the way complete strangers are reacting is way OTT.

He was a great star and talent and he will never be forgotten. But have we forgotten some of the more odd things in the last few years? He has not been a well man for many years and we should let him rest in peace with dignity and allow his family to grieve in peace and quiet, not a media circus which is what it is turning into.

Thank you.

I wasn't a fan of his music but I was shocked when I turned on the news this morning and I'm saddened by it for his fans, friends and family. I've seen two extremes of reaction today - hate and name calling, and this bizarre OTT (I stand by that) reaction people seem so prone to (think Diana, think Jade Goody). People are going mad downloading his songs - why? I disagree with both extremes, I think these things get blown out of proportion.

angeldelight
26-06-2009, 11:40 AM
Some people can't help their emotions that's all I mean. I don't think she was trying to gain any attention, she said she was "silly" about it.

I am one of these types who can't help feeling upset about tragic things. I don't think it's about "dignity" it's about the how you show/can handle your emotions. I cry when I watched 101 dalmations last night, it doesn't mean I have no dignity.

I cry at anything I really do

I cry when there is something sad on the news and its the first time I have ever even heard of the person

I am not a fan of Michael Jackson but I am sad about him dying I think its awful news

I think you can become even more emotional if it is someone you like

Angel xx

ORKSIE
26-06-2009, 11:41 AM
I am confused ha ha

xxx

Dont worry, so was I for a while, but i ok now....I think:laughing: :laughing:

LeeAnn
26-06-2009, 11:42 AM
My thoughts are with his kids. At the very least as he protected their faces so fiercly then no one will be able to hound them. I hope he has sorted something for their future without him, poor we souls but I have to agree with PP that hopefully they will be able to live a more open and normal life

ORKSIE
26-06-2009, 11:43 AM
I hate it tho that the press have to dig the dirt, his poor family are going thru enough, so why dont they just celebrate his life. The press are like vultures:mad:

angeldelight
26-06-2009, 11:43 AM
Dont worry, so was I for a while, but i ok now....I think:laughing: :laughing:

Yes I get it now

If you were a fan you do not feel like a perfect stranger - if it were Enrique I would be blubbering and I mean it I really would

I cried when you all had the collection for me for my birthday - most of you are strangers and it did not stop me crying like it did not stop you all from sending me the gifts
Do you get what I mean ?

The press are going to go over the top it is to be expected even it if is not right

It was Michael Jackson - a legend

If you are a star you have to expect the good with the bad and it was the people that made him the star after all

I do feel for his family but they have had this sort of pressure all of their life

Angel xx

venus89
26-06-2009, 11:44 AM

I appreciate that, Mollymop, and I don't think it matters either if you know themor not if what they do means a lot to you. I cried when Roald Dahl dies (I was 11 :blush: ) because I loved his books so much and I was so sad he'd never write another one. But I do believe that these things get so hyped up that they become farcical and I also think there's a time and place for grief

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Michael-Jacksons-Death-Triggers-Massive-Surge-In-Internet-Traffic-As-Fans-Mourn-Star/Article/200906415320308?f=rss

rickysmiths
26-06-2009, 11:46 AM
You ok Ricky?

Yes thanks Orksie I just made a right mess of the quote and ended up deleating it all!!:blush: Senior moment I think!

angeldelight
26-06-2009, 11:46 AM
I appreciate that, Mollymop, and I don't think it matters either if you know themor not if what they do means a lot to you. I cried when Roald Dahl dies (I was 11 :blush: ) because I loved his books so much and I was so sad he'd never write another one. But I do believe that these things get so hyped up that they become farcical and I also think there's a time and place for grief

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Michael-Jacksons-Death-Triggers-Massive-Surge-In-Internet-Traffic-As-Fans-Mourn-Star/Article/200906415320308?f=rss

Look how bad it was when Jade died

It is going to be worse now - right or wrong he was a mega star so this is going to get worse

By the end of next week we will all be fed up of it I bet ha ha

xx

venus89
26-06-2009, 11:49 AM
Look how bad it was when Jade died

It is going to be worse now - right or wrong he was a mega star so this is going to get worse

By the end of next week we will all be fed up of it I bet ha ha

xx

Exactly.

Re Jade though, I went to have my smear last week and the nurse said it would be 4 weeks till reults. i said that some people were waiting much longer and she told me they want it to be 2 weeks but sonce Jade died the increase in smears is huge - she does up to 18 per day now. And she said 'what a legacy to leave'.

ORKSIE
Yes I get it now

If you were a fan you do not feel like a perfect stranger if it were Enrique I would be blubbering and I mean it I really would

I cried when you all had the collection for me for my birthday - most of you are strangers and it did not stop me crying like it did not stop you all from sending me the gifts
Do you get what I mean ?

The press are going to go over the top

It was Michael Jackson - a legend

If you are a star you have to expect the good with the bad and it was the people that made him the star after all

I do feel for his family but they have had this sort of pressure all of their life

Angel xx

I agree Angel and do you know what...I dont think it has actually hit me yet, I feel very sad, And I hate the fact that some people in the media are dishing the dirt already, and they will turn the whole thing into a circus. But I will be listening to him later and that is when I think it will hit me.

rickysmiths
To the back teeth I expect Angel.

ORKSIE
26-06-2009, 11:50 AM
Yes thanks Orksie I just made a right mess of the quote and ended up deleating it all!!:blush: Senior moment I think!

:laughing: :laughing: You get them too:)

wendywu
26-06-2009, 11:57 AM
They did the same when Kenndy got killed, so the press have always done it. No amount of moaning will ever change it.

I dont think you can even start to compare Jade and MJ:laughing:

venus89
26-06-2009, 11:59 AM
They did the same when Kenndy got killed, so the press have always done it. No amount of moaning will ever change it.

I dont think you can even start to compare Jade and MJ:laughing:

I think it would be easier than you'd imagine, tbh......

But the reaction is the same. And remember what happened when Diana died? Do you reckon we'll get a public holiday for Jackson?!

ORKSIE
26-06-2009, 12:01 PM
I think it would be easier than you'd imagine, tbh......

But the reaction is the same. And remember what happened when Diana died? Do you reckon we'll get a public holiday for Jackson?!

The americans might:rolleyes:

ajs
26-06-2009, 03:04 PM
[QUOTE=Artful Dodger;459502]
i often wonder if the stories were true or just people out to get money?
QUOTE]

That's just it, isn't it? There are people even now saying some pretty vile things about him - one of the quotes on Facebook from a friend of a forum member, involving an Etch a sketch sticks in the mind - but at the end of the day he was never convicted. Legally. But the accusations stuck like mud. Who's to say if they were true or not?

yes sorry about that,
unfortunatley the only people who can tell whether he was guilty or not are the children he allegedly abused maybe now he is dead they will be able to tell the truth without fear of retribution

venus89
26-06-2009, 03:10 PM
[QUOTE=venus89;459507]

yes sorry about that,
unfortunatley the only people who can tell whether he was guilty or not are the children he allegedly abused maybe now he is dead they will be able to tell the truth without fear of retribution

:blush: I wasn't having a go! And it wasn't you who wrote it anyway so you don't need to apologise. Actually, the concept was quite clever, it was just the conviction behind it - that Jackson definately did those things - that I was really referring to, so hot on the heels of his demise.....

TheBTeam
26-06-2009, 08:21 PM
Don't know how i feel about MJ, i loved his music and thought he was incredibly talented, but he was one hell of a mixed up person, and i don't know if the allegations are true! I do know that i feel very sorry for his children and his family, they would have loved him dearly and they have now lost that.

I found out about it when i looked as my phone received a text message containing a joke already, then checked on the news, in the first 15 minutes i received, 4 other joke messages about him! Guess this is fame.

One thing it has done is made me grateful to be anonymous and not rich, i would hate to be that screwed up and have that kind of life, mine isn't always fantastic, but i am whole lot more grateful for it now!

Heaven Scent
26-06-2009, 08:31 PM
I'm afraid that the poor man has had a very troubled life and as a resullt I'm afraid he was out of touch with reality. His father was a selfish brute who used his very talented kids to realise is own dreams - who but a troubled individual would distort their body especially their face in the way he did. He was a beautiful looking young man who totally destroyed his looks - The poor kid had no childhood and didn't know how to conduct himself in relatonships - a bit like Prince Charles really - I don't know if he did abuse those kids sexually but i'm sure that the relationships he had with them were strange -

I have always however worried about the life he gave to his own children - I feel the way he kept them covered was a form of abuse - he will have created all sorts of insecurities in them - I hope oce they get over the grief of losing their dad they will be able to get on and have a normal life.

Having said all that is is a superly talented musician and entertainer and nobody can ever take that away from him - I'm sure all of his songs remind us all of some very happy and emotional times in our lives.

Like others before him such as Princess Di, JFK, Marilyn Monroe he will be eternally young(ish) and everyone will always remember where they were when they heard of his death.

I have to say the poor man must have een so very troubled in life - when I heard he had a heart attack my first thoughts were that he had abused medication in some way and now it appears that there was some chance that he had - Uri Geller said today on TV how naive and I think he was but he always craved attention hense the crutch - I think that yes he had an injury but he enjoyed the attention it brought and continued with the crutch and the medication to which he became addicted - I'm sure that after a while the pain seemed real because that is what happens with addiction to pain killers.

Anyway RIP Michael and my thoughts are with your family at this sad time.

Tatia
26-06-2009, 08:31 PM
When I first heard the news last night, I didn't feel a thing, I was more upset about Farrah Fawcett dying. I just kept thinking about what a freak MJ had turned into, with the disappearing nose and the ever whitening skin and odd behaviour. I think maybe I was numb.

Cos we had our Funky Friday after school club today with the over 8s and quite a lot of the children kept bringing up about MJ's death and seemed really shaken. So at the end of the session, we had a little chat and they all voted that Thriller was their favourite MJ song. I told them the story about how when I was a kid, I sat in my living room with my friends waiting on tenterhooks for the premiere of the Thriller video on MTV (they seemed mor einterested in the fact that i had ever been that young!). I was such a huge fan back then. And then we played Thriller and Billie Jean and all the adults and children danced together and I started to feel teary. I didn't cry or anything but I felt really sad for a bit. All that talent...what an end.

I've been watching videos on You Tube because I had forgotten just how much I loved watching him dance. Gosh, he was gifted.

As for the allegations, I just can't make my mind up. Part of me doesn't want them to have been true but I'm beyond being shocked at anything. Another part of me believes that he really was mental and thought of himself as an ageless child and felt that there was nothing wrong with having children in his bed because he was just having sleepovers like any other kid would do. Dunno...I so despise what he had become but he was always vulnerable and slightly unstable, pushed into the limelight by his father and then hounded by the press for everything he ever did. Not surprising he went loopy.

Oh okay, sorry for rambling. Just feeling melancholy.:(

ajs
26-06-2009, 08:43 PM
As for the allegations, I just can't make my mind up. Part of me doesn't want them to have been true but I'm beyond being shocked at anything. Another part of me believes that he really was mental and thought of himself as an ageless child and felt that there was nothing wrong with having children in his bed because he was just having sleepovers like any other kid would do. Dunno...I so despise what he had become but he was always vulnerable and slightly unstable, pushed into the limelight by his father and then hounded by the press for everything he ever did. Not surprising he went loopy.
.:(

this is very much what i believe too
he never really got the idea of what was acceptable behaviour with children.

Alibali
26-06-2009, 08:53 PM
this is very much what i believe too
he never really got the idea of what was acceptable behaviour with children.

His publicist says that there were bits of MJs documentary cut to make interesting watching. After he admitted to the children sleeping in his bed he apparantly said but I always slept on the floor, but that part was edited.

tinkerbelle
27-06-2009, 02:38 PM
His publicist says that there were bits of MJs documentary cut to make interesting watching. After he admitted to the children sleeping in his bed he apparantly said but I always slept on the floor, but that part was edited.

that part was shown on a differnt day it was part of the documentary that was cut, it came to light when his manager complained about how he had been portrayed
my personnal view is regardless of how much money he offered me if i thought for 1 second he had touched my child i would never have accepted it i would have gone all the way with court and wanted him rotting in prison for his crime thats why i dont for one minute belive he did it i think he was a victim of circumstances which was escallated by his monetary value this family saw £ signs and knew how best to hurt michael
dont get me wrong i dont condone his behaviour of sharing a room with these boys (albiet on the floor ) but as someone has said previously he never had a child hood and never mentally grew up so this behaviour to him was normal

ORKSIE
28-06-2009, 09:01 AM
Have heard on the news that police want to speak to his Doc. Does anyone else here think the Doc poss helped Michael on his way, was it all to much for him and he couldn't cope. :(