PDA

View Full Version : In morrisons car park today

Hebs
25-06-2009, 03:24 PM
was a work van (and driver) parked in a parent and toddler bay,

i pulled up and said to him..

are you having a laugh mate?? where your little one :rolleyes:

he started rabbitting on about some sort of emergency in morrisons when i kindly pointed out that he was standing there drinking a bottle of coke so couldn't be THAT much of an emergency, when all these people (mainly elderly) started having a right go at him, saying that they were going to report him etc etc

he did move his van but i kinda felt sorry for him as he was ganged up on by old biddies :blush:

not do that again in a hurry :laughing:

madasahatter
25-06-2009, 03:37 PM
Well think you were right to have a go at him. Yesterday I had to ask a workman to move his van from in front of my garage. He said he was only going to be a couple of minutes until I pointed out to him that there is a layby opposite the garage which holds 4 vehicles, with 3 spaces empty and where his van wouldn't be obstructing my access to my garage (he apologised and moved).

Roseolivia
25-06-2009, 04:10 PM
Well done, don't get me started on :censored: parking in parent spaces.:thumbsup:

Chimps Childminding
25-06-2009, 05:09 PM
Well done, don't get me started on :censored: parking in parent spaces.:thumbsup:

Me neither - mind you the old biddies would be the first to park in a parent and child space if all the disabled spaces were full, but heaven help us if we parked in a disabled space (not that I do!!!!!!!):angry:

charleyfarley
25-06-2009, 05:26 PM

Me neither,:censored: I've confronted people loads of times about it and even put notes on their windscreens telling them 'they are selfish, inconsiderate people' if I couldn't get to them, much to hubbys annoyance :blush:

I don't feel sorry for that van driver, maybe after today he'll think twice before he parks in p/c space otherwise he may get ambushed again.

Carol xx

mandy moo
25-06-2009, 06:08 PM
An me, Ive actually been known to park in a disabled space when my boys were much, much younger, coz, a disabled card holder parked in a parent toddler space.. when there was loads of disabled parking available!!!

flora
25-06-2009, 06:16 PM
Are you on a one woman crusade at the moment Dodger???? :D ;)

breezy
25-06-2009, 06:50 PM
Don't even get me started, my dd is disabled and i always say something if someone's in a disabled bay that shouldn't be.
parents with kids can walk and use pushchairs, I need access to get a wheelchair in, if I cant park in a disabled bay when i'm out with her I cant go shopping. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Tatjana
25-06-2009, 06:57 PM
Good for you and the oldies:thumbsup:

Whenever I've said something to these selfish gits i've got a mouthful of abuse:( :angry:

xx

Deb
25-06-2009, 07:01 PM
There is a difference tho, disabled persons carparking spots are there by grace of law, p&c are there by grace of people spending money in the shop - not by any law. No one can be prosecuted for parking in a P&C spot, but they can in a disabled persons parking spot. Frankly I dont care and cant get excited about it, I park there if free but dont get upset if I have to park my ridiculously large and difficult car elsewhere. I just wish that supermarkets did other large parking spots too or put the P&C at the other end of the carpark to deter lazy people parking there.

georgie456
25-06-2009, 07:06 PM
Heehee good on you!!!! That is one of my pet hates grrrrrr

mushpea
25-06-2009, 07:31 PM
i drove behind a work van once who then pulled in to the last child space left!, i pulled behind him and called to him as he got out, 'oi mate i need that space a lot more than you do, please move' he looked at the 6 kids in the car then moved his out, as i got out a group of other mums who had been watching all cheered and clapped:blush:

jeanybeany
25-06-2009, 07:35 PM
The other week I went to our local Home Bargains and the p&c spaces were full, so I parked in a normal bay (reversed in) and guess what when I came out the two cars either side of me had parked that close I couldn't open the back doors wide enough to put my 3 lo's in their seats, because of their wing mirrors etc:angry: . The seats were obvious in the back and that. A lady saw me struggling and totally agreed with me and said they must have seen the seats when they got out. I had to quickly pull forward, blocking the car park:clapping: and also leaving 2 0f my lo's in the pushchair I made sure I could see them, hence the blocking of the car park. It then took me ages to put them in the car and load the boot.

I was so annoyed I left notes for each of the drivers, one of which came back as I was doing so. He said the bays aren't very wide:rolleyes: . I said a sorry would be nice! Off I went feeling annoyed and happy at myself all in one go

Sorry it's so long, didn't mean to take over:)

Chimps Childminding
25-06-2009, 09:20 PM
That is my bug bear, its not where the p&c spaces are ie close to the shop, its that they are wide enough to get the doors open properly to get lo's in and out safely!!! thats why I get so annoyed when people use them who don't have chidlren!!!!!:angry: :angry:

newandlearning
26-06-2009, 12:34 PM
:ROFL1: :ROFL1:
good for you.. poor bloke will probably be in pub now trying
to settle his nerves..x:laughing:

venus89
26-06-2009, 12:53 PM
An me, Ive actually been known to park in a disabled space when my boys were much, much younger, coz, a disabled card holder parked in a parent toddler space.. when there was loads of disabled parking available!!!

Sorry, but I think that's totally out of order.
You don't know that there were loads of disabled spaces when they got there.
And parent and child are easier, and yes it's annoying with people with older kids or - worse still - no kids park in them but it's not like trying to manoever into a wheelchair in a normal parking space, is it?

mandy moo
26-06-2009, 01:57 PM
You are of course entitled to your opinion, Im sorry you dont agree with what I did.
But

My boys at the time were 3yrs & 2mths and a 2mth old, in baby carrier/seat in a busy supermarket car park. I thought it the safest option at the time.

I had a word with customer services and told them why I had parked where I was, they didnt have a problem with it.

Just to clarify it further the parent and toddler spaces are the 1st one you come to in the car park and you have to drive around to the other side (literaly oppersite, theres a covered walk way bettween them) to get to the disabled badge side.
There were several spaces there. They could see them from where they had parked in a parent toddler space
I was right behind them, as they drove in the car park they didnt bother to drive round, as i had to in the end, to find a space, so I could get my children out safely.

Sorry to have gone on folks, but felt I had to put my side of things, and why I parked where I did.

Saranotts
26-06-2009, 02:15 PM
You are of course entitled to your opinion, Im sorry you dont agree with what I did.
But

My boys at the time were 3yrs & 2mths and a 2mth old, in baby carrier/seat in a busy supermarket car park. I thought it the safest option at the time.

I had a word with customer services and told them why I had parked where I was, they didnt have a problem with it.

Just to clarify it further the parent and toddler spaces are the 1st one you come to in the car park and you have to drive around to the other side (literaly oppersite, theres a covered walk way bettween them) to get to the disabled badge side.
There were several spaces there. They could see them from where they had parked in a parent toddler space
I was right behind them, as they drove in the car park they didnt bother to drive round, as i had to in the end, to find a space, so I could get my children out safely.

Sorry to have gone on folks, but felt I had to put my side of things, and why I parked where I did.

But two wrongs don't make a right. Perhaps in this instance it didn't make a real difference but another time it could mean that a disabled person is unable to do their shopping etc. I am a Carer and it is amazing how people don't realise the difference these small concessions make.

Oooh and don't get me on to disabled toilets :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Sara

FussyElmo
26-06-2009, 02:28 PM
Our local asda wiil give you a parking ticket if you park in the p/c places without chindren.

venus89
26-06-2009, 02:54 PM
But two wrongs don't make a right. Perhaps in this instance it didn't make a real difference but another time it could mean that a disabled person is unable to do their shopping etc.

Exactly. And whilst I accept that you'd seen them drive into the space whilst there were disabled spaces in front of them tbh I'm not sure how, when you're 'right behind them' you can ascertain they had no child in the first place?

When my son was 2 months my daughter was 2yrs 2 months. If the parent and child spaces were taken then I'd park in a normal space. To park in a disabled space because a disabled person parked in the parent and child space is simply petty.

mandy moo
26-06-2009, 03:11 PM
But two wrongs don't make a right. Perhaps in this instance it didn't make a real difference but another time it could mean that a disabled person is unable to do their shopping etc. I am a Carer and it is amazing how people don't realise the difference these small concessions make.

Oooh and don't get me on to disabled toilets :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Sara
My mother in law had a heart problem, several years ago, which was corrected, and she is well again.
Whilst waiting for surgery she applied, and recived a disablity badge which she still uses.
No, two wrongs dont make a right, your right, but these people, were not noticibly disabled, walked up the walk way, and in to the supermarket, no wheelchair or any other visual device to show they're disablility ifykwim.

I have only done this, that once and as soon as my youngest walked competantly we used the 'normal' spaces, not mother and toddler spaces.

This is also why we have parent and toddler spaces which are wider (as with the disabled spaces) for ease of getting baby carrier/seats out of cars, with out scraping or bashing the car next door.
They are also near to the shop in most cases, which also help with keeping your LOs safe, and not having to cross a busy car park.

breezy
26-06-2009, 03:18 PM

Sara

join the club :angry: :angry: :angry:

Hebs
26-06-2009, 03:43 PM
ok so i'll add my 2p's worth :laughing:

my son and a mindee aged 7 are both disabled but as they don't have trouble phsyically walking arn't entitled to a blue badge,
i mind 2 lo's under 2 years old

SO to me the use of a toddler bay can make the difference between a trip out or being stuck in.

i might actually appeal the decision to not give my son a blue badge and get mindees mum to appeal too :D

Hebs
26-06-2009, 03:45 PM
Are you on a one woman crusade at the moment Dodger???? :D ;)

yes i am i'm fed up of people not respecting the reason why these bays are there, i mean if people blocked up disabled bays with flowers :angry: or had able bodied people parking in disabled bays there'd be h$$l to pay :rolleyes:

venus89
26-06-2009, 05:06 PM
yes i am i'm fed up of people not respecting the reason why these bays are there, i mean if people blocked up disabled bays with flowers :angry: or had able bodied people parking in disabled bays there'd be h$$l to pay :rolleyes:

100% in agreement with you.

jibberjitz
26-06-2009, 08:23 PM
Good for you for saying something - it really gets on my nerves when people without kids take up those bays :angry:

Saranotts
26-06-2009, 08:27 PM
My mother in law had a heart problem, several years ago, which was corrected, and she is well again.
Whilst waiting for surgery she applied, and recived a disablity badge which she still uses.
No, two wrongs dont make a right, your right, but these people, were not noticibly disabled, walked up the walk way, and in to the supermarket, no wheelchair or any other visual device to show they're disablility ifykwim.

I have only done this, that once and as soon as my youngest walked competantly we used the 'normal' spaces, not mother and toddler spaces.

This is also why we have parent and toddler spaces which are wider (as with the disabled spaces) for ease of getting baby carrier/seats out of cars, with out scraping or bashing the car next door.
They are also near to the shop in most cases, which also help with keeping your LOs safe, and not having to cross a busy car park.

Not all disabilities are visible though and we aren't the ones to make the decision as to whether they are worthy of the blue badge but instead should just be grateful that we are not in their shoes and should also be teaching our children to respect and appreciate that sometimes other peoples needs are greater than their own. I also think that if all the disabled spaces are taken then the disabled person should have priority over the parent and child spaces.

Sara

Hebs
26-06-2009, 08:39 PM
yes my son amd mindee have what is classed as a hidden disability :thumbsup: