PDA

View Full Version : KEEP CHILDREN AT HOME WHEN THEY HAVE A HEAVY COLD!!...

Mollymop
25-06-2009, 03:17 PM
...I really wish I could state this in my policies and newsletters. I am so fed up with children coming here with their eyes and noses steaming, coughing and sneezing constantly all over my house.

I have had about 3 bad colds since xmas and I am now coming down with another one. I was awake most of last night with a sore throat so I know I am gonna be ill myself soon.

For example, I have just wiped my mindees nose as I started typing this, I have just looked at her and her nose is streaming down her face again. It is constant streaming, coughing, streaming, coughing, sneezing!

If it were my child I would ask them to keep her at home for a few days with a real heavy cold.

Trouble
25-06-2009, 03:20 PM
ahhh bless, lemsips, tissues and choc or bacardi in your case:D

i agree they should:angry: :angry: :angry:

remember to wash you hands all the time and if old enought get them to put tissue in bin:angry:

Monkey1
25-06-2009, 04:20 PM
I have put it in my newsletter this month that i won't accept children with heavy colds into my setting due to the advice regarding swine flu i have also said if i have to shut down because of swine flu that all fees are still payable!:thumbsup:

sue m
25-06-2009, 05:11 PM
I'd put it on a big red notice so parents can't miss it in my hall! Mine have had 2 or 3 colds rcently and David is still coughing loads from the last cold he caught from them, must be a couple of months ago now and today P is streaming again. x

sweets
25-06-2009, 05:54 PM
Are you sure that the sneezing and heavy eyes are not from hayfever this time of year,? Mines terrible at the mo and a couple of my mindees are suffering too! hayfever can also cause a cough because of the constant drippy nose!

Playmate
25-06-2009, 06:46 PM
Must admit I'm coming down with a rotten cold today and feel lousy (which is quit unusual for me :D ) However If stopped all my mindees coming with colds I would never have any children here and their parents would never get to work :laughing:

The Juggler
26-06-2009, 04:34 PM
Must admit I'm coming down with a rotten cold today and feel lousy (which is quit unusual for me :D ) However If stopped all my mindees coming with colds I would never have any children here and their parents would never get to work :laughing:

that's always kinda been my policy too. However, if they are so poorly they're barely standing I think I would ask them to be kept at home.

kindredspirits
27-06-2009, 03:12 PM
:rolleyes: same here - mum sent little one last week saying 'shes got a bit of a snotty nose but she's fine in herself' - poor little lamb slept most of the day and me george and dh came down with the cold - she was here on the friday as well saying 'she's been fine' and yet again she slept a lot

Pipsqueak
27-06-2009, 09:11 PM
I am coming down with a cold - felt really bleary last night, woke up a couple of times during the night and this morning my throat and ears hurt, my headache has steadily got worse today to the point that my eyes hurt, I am sneezing, shivering and feel really bunged up.:(

Time for the sudafed

sue
27-06-2009, 09:15 PM
I am coming down with a cold - felt really bleary last night, woke up a couple of times during the night and this morning my throat and ears hurt, my headache has steadily got worse today to the point that my eyes hurt, I am sneezing, shivering and feel really bunged up.:(

Time for the sudafed

hope you feel better soon

wendywu
27-06-2009, 09:33 PM
I must admit that i would not send a child home with a heavy cold as i think my parents might get a bit miffed. But i never catch them anyway. :)