PDA

View Full Version : I had the last laugh with parking on the footpath today!!!

katickles
25-06-2009, 02:28 PM
Today we went for a walk to post some letters. Its not a far walk, but I had my baby 11 weeks, mindee 1 year & my older dd who is 2years.

So off we went, two littlies in my double (urban detour double) & My eldest was walking. We got so far & then there were some work men outside a house with 2 vans & a mitsubishi yute type thing :blush: all of which were parked on the path!!!:mad: They were standing by them all having a brew. As I got closer they could see us coming & them one of them laughed & said you ok love??? My responce was simply :

" Yes but I can not say the same for your paintwork in a minute, not when we have squeezed past & scratched down the side of your vans & cars!!!"

The bloke with the mitsubishi thing ran to his & moved it parking on the road, the 2 vans were also moved. We stood at the side waiting until it was safe to pass & then nicely said thank you:laughing:

little chickee
25-06-2009, 02:35 PM
:laughing: :laughing: good for you - bet you had a smile on your face after that. its always good to say the right thing at the right time instead of thinking " oh i should of said........" after its too late.:jump for joy:

peanuts
25-06-2009, 02:40 PM
good on you i bet their faces were a picture.

emler
25-06-2009, 02:40 PM
:clapping: I love it - well done you :thumbsup:

LOOPYLISA
25-06-2009, 02:41 PM
:thumbsup: :laughing:

cherry
25-06-2009, 02:41 PM
Good for you :thumbsup:

her8y
25-06-2009, 02:57 PM
:laughing: Excellent.:laughing:

Mollymop
25-06-2009, 03:00 PM
:laughing: Well done you

Pipsqueak
25-06-2009, 03:01 PM
Good for you standing your ground.:clapping: I had repeatedly asked the bloke on the corner to stop parking on the pavement as when I have my double I can't get past. He soon stopped when i did scrape this vehicle (not badly I hasten to add). hasn't done it since but he has commented that I don't use the double anymore and is he 'safe' - told him no as it may make a reappearance any time soon.

Allie
25-06-2009, 03:02 PM
Well done I wouldn't have said anything

Allie

Trouble
25-06-2009, 03:17 PM
:clapping: :jump for joy: :clapping:

Roseolivia
25-06-2009, 04:12 PM
:laughing: :clapping:

Monkey1
25-06-2009, 04:14 PM
You go girl!

julie w
25-06-2009, 04:31 PM
That drives me mad. I walked past a van (parked on the pavement) with a man smirking in the drivers seat and whoops! accidently knocked his wing mirror off!

charleyfarley
25-06-2009, 05:09 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Good for you. Must remember that for next time :thumbsup:

It's a bug bare of mine too.

I've done that Julie, not actually broke the wing mirror but done it so they know it's been knocked. They are normally more considerate afterwards, funny that:rolleyes:

Carol xx

flora
25-06-2009, 05:53 PM
Way to go Kate :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I like your style :D

mandy moo
25-06-2009, 06:00 PM
That drives me mad. I walked past a van (parked on the pavement) with a man smirking in the drivers seat and whoops! accidently knocked his wing mirror off!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: good for you:D

breezy
25-06-2009, 07:00 PM
go girls :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

georgie456
25-06-2009, 07:10 PM
Brilliant - good on you - I would have loved to have seen their faces!!!!!:laughing: :laughing:

grindal
25-06-2009, 07:29 PM
I wish I could say things like that. I was taking my son to playgroup this morning with DS2 and mindee in a double pushchair and a woman drove onto the kerb right in front or me and got out her car and walked off - leaving me to take my 3 into the road to get passed :panic: :panic:

charleyfarley
25-06-2009, 08:00 PM
I wish I could say things like that. I was taking my son to playgroup this morning with DS2 and mindee in a double pushchair and a woman drove onto the kerb right in front or me and got out her car and walked off - leaving me to take my 3 into the road to get passed :panic: :panic:

Last time someone did that to me I told her 'thanks for that, how are we supposed to get past'. She looked at her car, then at me, not saying a word she did move it. Hasn't stopped her doing it again though but I do make sure her wing mirror is knocked :rolleyes:

So selfish :angry:

Carol xx

mumof4
25-06-2009, 09:30 PM
Yey, good for you! It drives me mad on the school run how many parents park on the pavement and i have to go in the road. Parking on the school zigzags drives me nuts too,sooo lazy
:mad:

ZoeAlli
25-06-2009, 11:07 PM
Have just read your thread. Well done!! Wish I could think that quick on my feet. Bet their faces were a real picture!!:laughing:

Zoe

mrs c
26-06-2009, 12:28 AM
:clapping: :clapping: Good for you. It's also my pet hate.

angeldelight
26-06-2009, 05:14 AM
Today we went for a walk to post some letters. Its not a far walk, but I had my baby 11 weeks, mindee 1 year & my older dd who is 2years.

So off we went, two littlies in my double (urban detour double) & My eldest was walking. We got so far & then there were some work men outside a house with 2 vans & a mitsubishi yute type thing :blush: all of which were parked on the path!!!:mad: They were standing by them all having a brew. As I got closer they could see us coming & them one of them laughed & said you ok love??? My responce was simply :

" Yes but I can not say the same for your paintwork in a minute, not when we have squeezed past & scratched down the side of your vans & cars!!!"

The bloke with the mitsubishi thing ran to his & moved it parking on the road, the 2 vans were also moved. We stood at the side waiting until it was safe to pass & then nicely said thank you:laughing:

Well done Kate

Funny :clapping: :clapping:

Angel xx

kelzunique
26-06-2009, 11:41 AM
Hahaha We seem to be a bunch of vandals! :clapping: :laughing: :clapping: :laughing: :clapping: