PDA

View Full Version : vouchers.so parent doesnt has to pay?

mammumof4
25-06-2009, 01:24 PM
i dont know what they are called. funded hours?vouchers?
anyway, what do i have to do so i can take these vouchers, and how do i get payed, sorry but im confused, doesnt take alot :D
my friend wants me to mind her little girl as she isnt doing very well at nursery, she gets funding at nursery. she is 3 years and 8 months.
i only got registered today, do i need to be registered longer?

Minstrel
25-06-2009, 01:32 PM
You need to be an accredited childminder I believe, so currently I don't think you'd be able to accept them.

Not sure of the details so hopefully someone else will be along with more advice xx

rickysmiths
25-06-2009, 01:35 PM
You have to become an Accedited Childminder to be able to receive the Government Funding to give 3-4 free places for up to 121/2 hrs a week.

How you become accredited really depends on what happens in your area.

Here in Herts we have to have a min of a Level 3 in Childcare, a Good or Outstanding Ofsted Inspection and hold the Hertforshire Quality Assurance Acceditation or NCMA Quality First (these take about 9mth-1yr to achieve). We also have to be a member of a Childminding Network.

I suggest you get in touch with you local Development worker to find out for your area.

Louise_Oaktree
25-06-2009, 01:36 PM
You need to do the following in order to claim for Nursery Education Grant Funded Places:

Have completed or be currently completing your NVQ 3
Become a member of an NCMA accredited Network (your Children's Centre/Sure Start should have more info on your local network)
Be Accredited by the Network Co-ordinator (the NCMA website has more info on becoming Accredited)

HTH