PDA

View Full Version : Do you go to childminding groups when you have no children with you?

Willowdancer
25-06-2009, 12:31 PM
I went along to ours for the first time ever this morning, but it was kind of weird being there by myself! It was also nice not having to rush around after small children as well though, LOL!!!

helenlc
25-06-2009, 12:34 PM
Before I had mindees I used to go along. Just to get to klnow some faces and also to let people know I was registered etc.

I have had a mindee full time for the last 6 months so have always gone with him in tow.

But I probably would still go along to catch up with the others etc. Some cm's have been along when they dont have LOs and yes, they do look terribly relaxed!!!:laughing:

At the end of the day its a childminder drop in - it doesnt actually specify you have to have children with you!!

Mouse
25-06-2009, 12:35 PM
I've done it a couple of times when I've dropped a mindee at nursery & have no one else until I pick him up again. Our group is next to nursery, so sometimes it's not worth going home.

It is lovely not to have to anyone with me, though I normally end up stuck in the kitchen making coffee :rolleyes:

miss mopple
25-06-2009, 12:39 PM
No way! If Im child free its a rare and treasured moment :laughing:

HELEN10
25-06-2009, 12:42 PM
Ha was that a joke!!!!!

HELEN 10

mrs c
25-06-2009, 12:48 PM
Yep a good joke :laughing: :laughing:

georgie456
25-06-2009, 01:19 PM
I have always gone if I have no children, but then I generally have my own two children with me anyway.

TheBTeam
25-06-2009, 03:01 PM
I went to my local group when i had not yet got my first mindees, it helped get to know people and these people became my good friends, i sometimes go if i have no children now, but also make the most of the rare days off if i get one, because i spend at least two other mornings a week with some of the minders from there.