PDA

View Full Version : how long

childminder54
25-06-2009, 08:54 AM
how long is it taking you to do the fire drills .. who does it the quickest. fire drill i mean?

veronicax

michellethegooner
25-06-2009, 09:01 AM
our best time so far is 1min 21 secs that is with 18mth old 7mth old, 4yr old and 8yr old, 10yr old, think it still a bit slow though :rolleyes:

FizzysFriends
25-06-2009, 09:29 AM
I can't remember but I know its under a minute.

Lady Haha
25-06-2009, 09:46 AM
I have all schoolies and we are down to 10 seconds now!:D

They literally drop everything and bomb it out the back door!

sarah707
25-06-2009, 09:57 AM
We are about 1 minute 20 seconds because I usually do them when there are my older children upstairs just to make sure they know what to do and set a good example :D

FizzysFriends
25-06-2009, 10:02 AM
I have all schoolies and we are down to 10 seconds now!:D

They literally drop everything and bomb it out the back door!

We could never get it down to that, our safe waiting place I can't get to, walking, without kids in that time.

Lady Haha
25-06-2009, 10:22 AM
I must admit that in the event of a real fire, we probably wouldnt be as quick as when I'm doing a fire drill, obviously I know it's going to happen and already have it in my head that I need the attendance register and phone. In a real fire, I would no doubt get all the kids out quickly and safely, but be stuck at the end of the garden with no phone to ring the Fire Brigade!

happytotschildminding
25-06-2009, 10:42 AM
Maybe you could ask your after-schoolies to spring a surprise fire drill on you - mine did that recently (shouting ding a ling like a fire alarm) and its totally different when you're not expecting it:laughing: the children enjoyed doing it and seeing me get in a flap as well:laughing: :laughing:
Carol

FizzysFriends
25-06-2009, 10:44 AM
I must admit that in the event of a real fire, we probably wouldnt be as quick as when I'm doing a fire drill, obviously I know it's going to happen and already have it in my head that I need the attendance register and phone. In a real fire, I would no doubt get all the kids out quickly and safely, but be stuck at the end of the garden with no phone to ring the Fire Brigade!

I always have my mobile in my pocket, but I don't take the register with me, Im not stopping to get it.

Can you use the garden as your 'safe place'? I take then the other side of the cul de sac, I thought the garden would be too close to the house.

In reality if there was a fire, there isn't a house in my road that is empty all day, they are mostly retiered and one has a SAHM so I would take them into a neighbours house (some are CRB checked).