PDA

View Full Version : spitting!!

Lily Grace
24-06-2009, 01:46 PM
How do you deal with a 6 year old who spits!! I have had a few problems with after schooler spitting at other kids and he did it this morning and the other children didn't want to walk with mindee as he then pretended to spit to another mindee. I told his mum by text this afternoon she apologised and she is asking me what I think they should do.

haribo
24-06-2009, 04:11 PM
i hate spitting with a passion its disgusting and it spreads germs . i cant bear even watching footballers spit on the field and i think its a really bad example to kids . make it clear you wont tolerate it and if he spits at someone i would ask him to wipe it up , maybe he will realise how horrible it is to have someones spit land on you :panic: ask mum if she has any idea if he is copying someone or if he does it in school , i dont think school would be too happy if he does it and he needs to know he cant do it with you either . good luck!

wendywu
24-06-2009, 04:21 PM
I would make him walk to school holding my hand. So that i know where he was and this may embarrass him enough to stop it.

If i had my way he would go in reins but i dont think Ofsted would be too impressed :laughing:

haribo
24-06-2009, 04:30 PM
I would make him walk to school holding my hand. So that i know where he was and this may embarrass him enough to stop it.

If i had my way he would go in reins but i dont think Ofsted would be too impressed :laughing:

funny you say that - was at the park with my los today and when we went to pick up 5 yr old the wrist strap was hanging on the buggy , 5 yr ol decides to try it and walked through the playground with it on - you should have seen the looks i was getting lol they all thought i was making him wear it :eek: :laughing:

wendywu
24-06-2009, 04:32 PM
Ohhh watch you dont get reported to Ofsted :laughing: :laughing:

haribo
24-06-2009, 04:36 PM
haha i know , all i could do was keep saying loudly "but your a big boy and dont need to wear that cos you wont run off " lol but he insisted :eek: :laughing: