PDA

View Full Version : web cam on laptop?

sweets
24-06-2009, 12:01 PM
I am thinking of getting a laptop, someone tol me that web cams are good to have on them as the children can play about changing pictures. Is it worth me paying a bit more to have one? does anyones else use them for their littlies? i only have under 5's.

TheBTeam
24-06-2009, 12:29 PM
Will be interested in replies, i can't help as my laptop has a webcam and i have never used it!

jess
24-06-2009, 06:15 PM
not sure about webcams as i dont have one! although Im sure theres a pc program that you can get to change pics from your digital camera? dont know what its called though:blush: that wasnt really very helpful was it?!sorry!

FizzysFriends
24-06-2009, 06:19 PM
I have a built in webcam and my DD has an add on one (just a tenner one), we use it when we are 'chatting' on messenger (she's only in the room next door, lol).

georgie456
24-06-2009, 06:20 PM
My laptop has a built in webcam! It is great!!!

When you open it up you can see yourself on screen and can put different borders on and make things appear in the middle (like a lightening bolt, or confetti as well as words like 'WOW' etc etc)

My daughter LOVES it and will sit for ages chuckling away to herself

TheBTeam
24-06-2009, 06:22 PM

When you open it up you can see yourself on screen and can put different borders on and make things appear in the middle (like a lightening bolt, or confetti as well as words like 'WOW' etc etc)

Sounds fun, i am off to try and learn how to open mine, have built a freehosted website, set up a group on facebook, now i am going to try this, anything to avoid linking my obs to the learning goals!

manjay
24-06-2009, 06:23 PM
I use mine occasionally with the mindees but tend to use mine more to talk to my mum on skype. The children have a cheapy one on their desktop pc which they use more

georgie456
24-06-2009, 06:27 PM
I must admit I haven't let the mindees use the laptop yet :blush:

We purposely bought one with the webcam as both of my parents live abroad so they very very rarely get to see DD or DS and we thought it would be lovely to see nanny & grandad while they talk to them.

However, I may get less protective of it as time goes on!!!

sweets
24-06-2009, 07:25 PM

Does sound really good, i think i will try and get one with webcam then, i am not very technical and hate buying things like this because always scared of wasting money on something that turns out to be rubbish!