PDA

View Full Version : I'm pregnant....

Minnie mouse
24-06-2009, 09:56 AM
Hi everyone just wanted to say firstly sorry ive not been around in a while, i lost my only 2 mindees in the easter holidays and then found out i was pregnant (now 10 weeks) and ive been really poorly with morning sickness etc. I'm just doing last years accounts and also upto next april 2010 as im not gonna be working til after the baby now and wondered if anyone could help with a couple of questions please..
Is the tax year for april 08-09, 06-04-08 to 05-04-09?
and also tax year for 09-2010
06-04-09 to 05-04-2010?

Im also a bit worried about whether or not i can claim maternity allowance because although i pay voluntary NI contributions to cover myself the maternity form asks if you have worked up until the 15th week before baby is due?

Thanks for reading xx

Spangles
24-06-2009, 10:50 AM
Congratulations! Sorry you've been so ill with morning sickness.

You have to have worked a certain number of weeks in the test period. If you look at the site it gives you the dates of the test period and you can work it out from there. You don't have to work up to 15 weeks before the birth as long as you've worked the required number of weeks - if you see what I mean! The website is clearer than me!

Minnie mouse
24-06-2009, 10:54 AM
Thanks spangles, altho i thought that was the whole point of paying voluntary ni contributions so that if you havent worked enough hours to pay Ni you would still be entitled to maternity allowance etc. Im gonna worry now that i wont get MA as i have no other income and we will really struggle. But i shall have a look, thanks x

chewy sweets
24-06-2009, 12:00 PM
No clue about the tax and maternity sorry. Just wanted to say congratulations. I found out i was pregnant this time of year and was terribly sick and couldn't enjoy the sunshine:( . Hope you feel well soon! :laughing:

misst104
24-06-2009, 12:57 PM
I cannot offer any advice re tax either I'm afraid but wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS on your news. I was sick every day I was pregnant with DS2 and its awful. I hope it starts to get better soon xxx
#jo

Spangles
24-06-2009, 01:07 PM
Why don't you phone Jobcentre Plus on 0800 055 6688.

I sent off my form last week as you have to be 26 weeks before you can do that and I just had to complete their forms which I downloaded and attach MATB1. I think that they then check you've paid enough NI contributions in the test period and, if you have, you get the allowance.

You don't have to send in any accounts or anything else at all apparently - well, I didn't!

sarah707
24-06-2009, 07:42 PM
Congratulations! :clapping:

ZoeAlli
24-06-2009, 07:56 PM
Hi, unfortunately can't remember much about maternity allowance and rules, but know that if you are not entitled to it you can claim a one off payment after a certain time in your pregnancy and up to a certain time after the baby is born. I am sure you would be able to find out about this through the Emma's diary, or job centre. I am sorry I can't be more helpful on this, I know its not the same as MA but it is better than nothing if you are not entitled to MA.
Anyhow, CONGRATULATIONS!!!:clapping: :clapping:
And I hope you are entitled to MA.

Zoe

jibberjitz
24-06-2009, 08:15 PM
Hiya,

I dont know the answer to your question but wanted to say congratulations and hope the sickness eases soon

LOOPYLISA
24-06-2009, 09:17 PM
CONGRATULATIONS

I remember morning sickness uurrrhhhhhh you have my sympathy x

Monkey1
25-06-2009, 05:13 AM
Congratulations hunny!:clapping:

Minnie mouse
25-06-2009, 11:16 AM
Thanks everyone... Ive had a look into MA and you have to have worked 26 weeks in the 66 week test period which i have so im pleased to say i can claim MA woo woo :) Still feel sick and exhausted tho lol, will soon be my lo's nap and i can sleep lol :)