PDA

View Full Version : Double buggys and buggy board

singlewiththree
24-06-2009, 09:04 AM
My 2yr old walks ok but starts preschool every morning in Sept and will be tired but the double will be full with mindees. Do you use a

buggy board - if so which double buggy do you have?
Buggy Pod?
One of those bike thingys?

Thanks

Helen79
24-06-2009, 09:45 AM
I'm going to have this problem in Sept. dd starts school (an hours walk there & back) & I will have 3 under 3's. There's no way I can push a double with a toddler on a buggy board, think I'll collapse half way there :panic:

baby is going to go in the sling & I'm using a single with a buggy board so the toddler can walk a lot of the way. Or I will sling 2 of them & push a single.
I'm a bit of a weakling lol & struggle to push even a double.

Chell
24-06-2009, 10:44 AM
Could you carry one of your mindees in a sling? www.calinbleu.com - I use one of these for my daughter. You can get much more structed slings too.

Heaven Scent
24-06-2009, 01:17 PM
I was going to invest in a buggy pod for sept but a childminder friend of mine gave me a triple buggy - its a very old fashioned Maclaren with just 3 point harnesses and it has beeb repaired along the line and one handle is different to the rest - I'm just going to dress it up with cozytoes and will buy reins and use the straps to improve the security of the children - I also have a large double rain cover to go over it and hey presto a buggy which is light for the back of the car and doesn't weigh too much - I actually used it in half term when I had a 3rd temp mindee (from Social Services) and it was OK - I went to our local paddling pool and loads of mums commented on it.

The bike thing is ok for older children when walking long distances but requires some level of maturity on the part of the child using it as they cannot just sit back and relax which is why I would go for the buggy pod plus you can get a rain cover for them too.

I do have a steped buggy board - one that the child can sit on but haven't got a child old enough to use one of them either, so can't comment.

Good luck with what ever you choose - its an expensive investment and you need to get it right for you and your mindees.

Curly Quavers
24-06-2009, 05:20 PM
I'm a bit of a weakling lol & struggle to push even a double.

I don't blame you they are really heavy when fully loaded especially going up hill :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Curly Quavers
24-06-2009, 05:22 PM
I have never seen one of these pods does anybody have a link where I could see one??? :blush: :D

Baildon bears
24-06-2009, 05:24 PM
Im sure i read somewere you can not use a buggy board with a double buggy, i think the weight might buckle the pushchair.

cs01
24-06-2009, 06:52 PM
I've got a Maclaren Double and I use a buggy board with it. works fine but it can be hard work up the hills. the children are 1,2 and 3 and the 2 and 3 year old take it in turns on the buggy board I just make sure the baby is on the same side as the buggy board to try and even out the weight!

rachelle
24-06-2009, 07:02 PM
I use an XTS twin with a buggy board. It's my 5 yr old who goes on board as he is a part time wheelchair user but I can't push 2 things at once! It's not too heavy but we do have no hills!

mushpea
24-06-2009, 08:30 PM
I have a graco double buggy and had a teddy/triangle shaped buggy board on this which worked fine, i could still pushe the buggy one handed if needed, I also had double buggy that had seperate handles and used an obabby board with this, this worked ok but i find the graco easier to push. as the toddler got older both got harder to push so i just encouraged more walking now i have a 2.5rold who will walk anywhere.

The Juggler
25-06-2009, 12:23 PM
I have this coming in September too. Have two 2 1/2 year olds and baby but it's long walk on school run so thought the 2 1/2s could share rides in the buggy maybe instead of board. Might try it and see then see if I need to add the board. Only got one hill to climb but it's still hard work.

misst104
25-06-2009, 01:32 PM
I have this coming in September too. Have two 2 1/2 year olds and baby but it's long walk on school run so thought the 2 1/2s could share rides in the buggy maybe instead of board. Might try it and see then see if I need to add the board. Only got one hill to climb but it's still hard work.

I will also have 2 x 2 1/2 years olds and a baby to take on school run twice a day from September and have been having major worries about transporting them. One of the older ones is my own ds and he is quite a strong little walker so I am hoping I could do the same as juggler and let the 2 year old take turns at walking/pushchair. Its either that or hire a triple buggy from the local childrens centre but I havn't found out how much it would be yet.

xxx

singlewiththree
25-06-2009, 03:11 PM
Just found the buggy board fit website that I had forgotten about

http://www.buggyboard.info/buggy.php?category=5

Hebs
25-06-2009, 03:28 PM

Thanks for that

rules out a buggy board for my twin :panic:

i'm going to have 3 under 2's from next week so buggy pod it is :rolleyes:

singlewiththree
25-06-2009, 04:51 PM
do you already have a buggy pod, how do you find it?

misst104
25-06-2009, 04:59 PM

Thats a great link. Thanks!!

xxx jo

Daftbat
25-06-2009, 09:05 PM
I use a buggy board with a maclaren double buggy - no problems. Hubby did take the board to work and bent the arm slightly on the board to get it to fit the double buggy as the seats are slightly narrower than a standard single buggy. No problems at all.