PDA

View Full Version : oooh my gazebos have arrived!!

andreaschildcare
24-06-2009, 08:57 AM
Thank you for the great link :)

miss mopple
24-06-2009, 10:04 AM
have you got them up yet? Im still sat in waiting for mine to be delivered today. Im desperate to get them up as its sooo hot out there and I wanna sit under one :D

FizzysFriends
24-06-2009, 10:07 AM
I wonder if mine are there, they are going to my house and im in the office, poor planning on my part I think.

cabby
24-06-2009, 11:06 AM
just got mine:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

sarah32
24-06-2009, 11:33 AM
Mine have just been delivered, now what to do with 3 of them.

May see if any of my parents want to buy one.:laughing:

TheBTeam
24-06-2009, 11:37 AM
Mine have arrived too, can't be bothered to put one up tho, both my lo's are sleeping so gonna chill on here for a while.

newandlearning
24-06-2009, 11:40 AM
:jump for joy: :jump for joy: yah.. I got mine today too..
haven't put up yet. but wot a bargain.. thanks for letting us know
I bet tescos didnt know why there was such a surge from all over
the country :thank you:

sweets
24-06-2009, 11:48 AM
There certainly was a big surge! i tried to get them and they were out of stock! lol

Chimps Childminding
24-06-2009, 12:00 PM
Got mine too!!!!!:clapping: lo's asleep so put one together, they are great, bigger than I thought they would be (but not a problem) - can't you tell I didn't check the size, I just looked at the price!!!!!!!!!!!:laughing:

Gonna give one to June next door, cause she missed out we had run Tesco dry before she got on to have a look!!!:D

Not sure what I am gonna do with the other, keep it as a spare, use it as a pressie, or just let the lo's have them all!!!!!!!!

Blackhorse
24-06-2009, 12:37 PM
still waiting for mine...7-7 delivery slot so no idea when they will turn up
but I cannot wait for them

I think I put one up and keep the other ones as spares (in case they get broken or the wind gets the better of them...
I actually never checked what size they were...so maybe I can even put up 2...

Polka Dots
24-06-2009, 01:04 PM
Mine have arrived too. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

butterfly
24-06-2009, 01:30 PM
still waiting on mine!

sunnysmile
24-06-2009, 01:34 PM
I wonder when mine will come? Highlands so probably a few days yet although it did say today :laughing:

Blaze
24-06-2009, 01:35 PM
Mine have arrived!:clapping: Thanks from me too for the link!:thumbsup:

Mouse
24-06-2009, 01:35 PM
Mine are here! I just need to clear a couple of things in the garden then I'll put two up. I'll probably keep the other one till next year, though I am thinking of taking it on holiday in the summer - would be fab on the beach!

There must be a massive hole in Tesco's warehouse where they all used to be!

littletreasures
24-06-2009, 03:01 PM
Just been to pick mine up.

I got 4, but have sold 3 of them to the parents. Will put mine up later

tinkerbelle
24-06-2009, 03:06 PM
mine have come my little sister has pinched one for her kids so iv got 2 left
put it up and its great so many thanks

sarah32
24-06-2009, 03:17 PM
Two of my friends have already said they want one each. Not had them a day yet.:)

andreaschildcare
24-06-2009, 03:46 PM
i just put pon e up and the wind blew it down into pieces within 5 mins :mad:

miss mopple
24-06-2009, 03:58 PM
oh no!! Are they really flimsy then? Im still waiting on mine. Not happy as we've waited in all day today and so far a no show :mad:

Blackhorse
24-06-2009, 05:07 PM
put mine up but don't know where the 4 ropes go..can anyone enlighten me?
it said they are not for windy conditions...but mine looks quite stable...

Donkey
24-06-2009, 05:24 PM
if anyone is near sheffield and they want shut of one...

:jump for joy:

I have a south facing garden :(

Chimps Childminding
put mine up but don't know where the 4 ropes go..can anyone enlighten me?
it said they are not for windy conditions...but mine looks quite stable...

I threaded the ropes through the loops on the corners of the cover, and then hooked them onto the little hooks on the feet, to hold the cover onto the frame more securely!! not sure if that is right, you could use them to tie it to fence, etc to stop it blowing away!!!!:thumbsup:

Buzz Lightyear
I've received all three of mine today, mindee was so excited and wanted me to put them up. I opened one box and decided well against it! It's definitely a job for DH tonight when he gets in though I dont know what I was thinking ordering three???!?!!?

So if anyone wants one.... lol :D

sweets
24-06-2009, 05:45 PM
if anyone is near sheffield and they want shut of one...

:jump for joy:

I have a south facing garden :(

Mines south facing too! thought it would be lovely when i bought the house and everybody said aren't i lucky! but its TOO HOT! no shade at all:(

her8y
24-06-2009, 06:11 PM
Mines south facing too and i dont like the sun much:( :( :(
Myine are coming on Friday...cant wait:laughing:

miss mopple
24-06-2009, 06:59 PM
Mine have just arrived and they are fab :clapping:

Have put one up, will store one and give the other to mindee tomorrow ( she offered to pay but as I only paid 2.75 for all 3 dont think Ill let her :laughing: ) DH is already moaning about the effect it will have on the lawn :rolleyes:

Thanks so much for the code :thumbsup:

Rach30
24-06-2009, 07:30 PM
MIne have arrived . Had 3 , one has a pole missing so need to ring tesco up and sort that out. Put the other one up and it blew down in 5 mins ! have put blue tack in the bottom of the feet to stick the poles in so that might help. Did anyone notice the problem with the instuctions ? \the poles had letter on them in the picture but the real poles have numbers on :laughing: Still a great bargin tho :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Have got 2 spares for when this one blows away:D

SimplyLucy
24-06-2009, 08:06 PM
Well only 2 of mine arrived, apparently the other one got out onto a different lorry. :rolleyes:

I laughed when I saw the numbers/letters too!

christinajanep
24-06-2009, 08:10 PM
i had mine delivered to the store today, told hubby to collect them this evening on his way home.... flippin forgot :angry:

FizzysFriends
24-06-2009, 08:12 PM
I have put one of mine up but 2 of theh poles dont fit together as one has a lip, looks like too much paint sp will have to get my dad onto that tomorrow. I have tied the ropes to the fence in the hope its still there in the morning.

Lady Haha
24-06-2009, 08:27 PM
Well, only three turned up so that first payment didn't go through just as I thought, phew! I put one up straight away! So, come on, who managed to put theirs up without one single pole falling back out?? :laughing:

Once it was up, it was fine! I used the ropes to tie through the loops on the material and then used a tent peg on the other end (shortened it though!) to pin it to the grass. Also got the tent pegs in the little feet. It's been up all afternoon and evening and hasn't blown away yet!

Kids were gonna have their tea in it but decided against it as they said there were 'millions' of ants in it.....

And as for the poles, the letters on the instructions also have the number in brackets next to it, but it did throw me for a few mins!

I did have to giggle as I put it up, thinking, there are childminders all over the country doing this today!

Rach30
24-06-2009, 09:11 PM
LOL when i was hot and sweaty and swearing at it (mindees gone home by then :thumbsup: ) and the blooming poles kept falling out , it never occured to me that lots of other childminders would be doing that too ! I'm afraid to say i had a slight sense of humour failer at that point :laughing:

HENNY
24-06-2009, 09:15 PM
Mine arrived today too:jump for joy: :clapping: :jump for joy:

Mouse
24-06-2009, 09:18 PM
With gazebos I've had in the past I've wrapped the joins with brown parcel tape to stop the poles coming apart.

The rest of the gazebo might get battered & blown in the wind, but at least the poles stay together :laughing:

pumpkinsmum
25-06-2009, 08:07 AM
Mine got here yesterday and I put one up last night. Did have a little chuckle at 1) staff in the warehouse wandering why so many orders of 3 have been going out and 2) how many childminders are wandering what on earth to do with 3 gazebos!
The poles falling out really stressed me so I'm going to tape them all as it is now in bits on the grass!

Still a bargain though! x:clapping:

tinkerbelle
25-06-2009, 08:22 AM
MIne have arrived . Had 3 , one has a pole missing so need to ring tesco up and sort that out. Put the other one up and it blew down in 5 mins ! have put blue tack in the bottom of the feet to stick the poles in so that might help. Did anyone notice the problem with the instuctions ? \the poles had letter on them in the picture but the real poles have numbers on :laughing: Still a great bargin tho :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Have got 2 spares for when this one blows away:D

the pictures of the poles have both the numbers and letters together thats the only reason mine got put up im useless at things like this :laughing:

Lady Haha
25-06-2009, 09:52 AM
With gazebos I've had in the past I've wrapped the joins with brown parcel tape to stop the poles coming apart.

The rest of the gazebo might get battered & blown in the wind, but at least the poles stay together :laughing:

Great idea!!! I'm off to buy some parcel tape!

Rach30
25-06-2009, 12:21 PM
Honestly my picture only had the letters on , i've double checked lol. Well you know i said one of my packs had a pole missing.....well i rang tesco direct this morning and a very nice sounding man dealt with my query. As there are no more in stock (i nearly said "i know , cos childminders all over the country have bought them !") they are going to collect my incomplete one and give me a refund . But i am wondering how much they will refund me ? will be interesting to see how much my remaining 2 will have cost me in the end.:laughing:

sunnysmile
25-06-2009, 01:21 PM
Got mine today, blooming poles are annoying me though :laughing:

helenlc
25-06-2009, 01:34 PM
I collected mine from the store yesteday. One has already been bought off me by a friend for a fiver - result!!

I havent put mine up yet but having read everyone else's experiences, I might wait til after dark so no-one sees me having a nightmare with it!!!:laughing:

Chimps Childminding
25-06-2009, 07:44 PM
I have put one up, gave one to June and the one I was going to put away as a spare! but one of June's parents came today and was admiring it, asked where we got them from and how much, explained that every childminder in the country now had them and tesco's had none left :laughing: so she asked if I wanted to sell my spare one to her :clapping: