PDA

View Full Version : Linking Continuous Provision to EYFS

singlewiththree
24-06-2009, 08:37 AM
I went on the obs and planning course last night and they said about linking your continous provision to EYFS. I thought ok I've already done that another tick for me. However, she then produced these A4 sheets, one for each activitity or resource :eek: and on it is the links to the 6 areas of leaning and their areas within it and the 4 themes.

Now I have just listed my provision and ticked under the 6 areas. I have now started to tick for every resource, under the areas within each area like this
PSRN
Calculating
Numbers as labels, and for counting
Shape, Space and Measurement

I'm going to be here forever but the tutor said its a requirement. Is this too much? I personally feel it is. I'm not doing an A4 sheet for every activity we do. I've listed them down one side of the page and the areas across the top and just ticking which area it comes in.

PixiePetal
24-06-2009, 08:46 AM
I am sure that is not a requirement as such - how you do things is surely up to you.

If there was a certain form to fill in then we should all be given one and then we could all keep in line with each other.

What you do seems fine by me - more than I do anyway :)

Blaze
24-06-2009, 09:25 AM
I ve a great system...would take me till next week to type, but if you want to pm me your number/vice versa...I'll explain it to you over the phone.:)

sarah707
24-06-2009, 10:08 AM
It is not a requirement! How silly :rolleyes:

Some people choose to set their CP out that way but not everyone.

I have done CP sheets simply because they are easier than writing up planning all the time and they make great crib sheets when I am observing... but they are time consuming to put together.

I would say if you're going to do them, then link to the 16 Principles, which of course include the 6 areas of L & D... but only to the principles that are relevant to each activity.

So if you are doing sand play, you link to 1.1 child development - being aware of developmentally appropriate resources for the age & stage of child; 1.2 inclusive practice - ensuring sand play provision is accessible to all children; 1.3 keeping safe - rules of sandpit and how they are discussed & reinforced with children...

Hth :D

SandCastles
09-07-2009, 11:00 AM
My CP sheet is like yours SingleWithThree and I personally think it is enough just to link to the main area of learning, so that's what I will do for now.