PDA

View Full Version : I just feel so terrible

Zoomie
24-06-2009, 08:27 AM
My 4.5y mindee fell over yesterday, really really hard. He screamed his little head off and has two VERY sore knees and a sore on his palm too.

I texted mum once we were home and settle but she didn't see it.

He went off to nursery but wasn't very keen, though he did walk it. When mum came to fetch his sister I told her etc etc.

Afterwards she phoned nursery and they said he was playing, but being very 'careful'.

Today dad phoned to say he is keeping them home, cos "C" is sore and "I" is a bit miserable with a cold.

I already felt so terrible, but now it is even worse - especially in that I took him to nursery yesterday.

Chatterbox Childcare
24-06-2009, 08:28 AM
You did all you could. Children fall and have bruises not matter what age. They are exploring and learning.

Don't beat yourself up about it (pardon the pun) as it could have happened anywhere

Mollymop
24-06-2009, 08:33 AM
Try not to worry too much hun. Most of the mindees I have on my books have fallen over and hurt themselves in my care. One bled quite a bit on both knees and was quite distressed, and that was the first day I had looked after her.
I haven't had a parent make so much fuss as to keep the child at home due to sore knees due to falling over:rolleyes:

Louise_Oaktree
24-06-2009, 02:38 PM
Don't worry you did everything you could and if there had been a problem Nursery would have sent him home which they didn't so therefore was ok to be there.

Did you record in accident book and get parent to sign?