PDA

View Full Version : Further to my "Interesting Article" Thread

Schnakes
23-06-2009, 01:26 PM
I think the comments on this are veh interesting.....?

http://talk.guardian.co.uk/WebX?128@564.86ATgsobp0g@.7760fb6b

Sx

Lady Haha
23-06-2009, 01:53 PM
I think the comments on this are veh interesting.....?

http://talk.guardian.co.uk/WebX?128@564.86ATgsobp0g@.7760fb6b

Sx

Yes, they are very interesting! Just goes to show that the majority of parents don't want EYFS at the childminders house. I don't mind doing it, I only have two who are in Reception, so it's not too much work, but I do think the government should be listening to what parent's actually want from childminders.

Blackhorse
23-06-2009, 02:18 PM
I have to say that I agree with the point of the parents being able to make a choice for their kids.
I am not for or against EYFS (as I don't know anything about it) but I think parents should be able to choose what they want for their kids.

and one questions:
If it is indeed the fact that children do better at childminders than they do at nurseries (which is something I would believe in a minute) then why try and make childminders more like nurseries...maybe they should try and make nurseries more like childminders....

Lady Haha
23-06-2009, 05:31 PM
Good point!

TheBTeam
23-06-2009, 05:39 PM
Gonna come back to this later, my first comment is i found it very hard to take the thread of this, for the expletives kept distracting me and getting in the way. What an awful forum that allows such 'expressive' comments, :panic: :angry: :eek:

manjay
23-06-2009, 05:50 PM
Gonna come back to this later, my first comment is i found it very hard to take the thread of this, for the expletives kept distracting me and getting in the way. What an awful forum that allows such 'expressive' comments, :panic: :angry: :eek:

I didn't get very far reading this either. Not for me I'm afraid

Trouble
23-06-2009, 05:52 PM
I didn't get very far reading this either. Not for me I'm afraid

me neither:panic: :panic:

sarah707
23-06-2009, 05:55 PM
I thought it was disgusting language as well.

Some interesting points but the language put me off :(

Spangles
23-06-2009, 06:23 PM
Sorry I couldn't read that, it was disgusting. I got about 5 messages down and they were all swearing so didn't want to read anymore.

Yuch!

georgie456
23-06-2009, 06:51 PM
Sorry I couldn't read that, it was disgusting. I got about 5 messages down and they were all swearing so didn't want to read anymore.

Yuch!

Me too :( The language ruined what should have been a really interesting debate....

Lady Haha
23-06-2009, 07:15 PM
I must admit the language was terrible, but it really is only the first few posts, it does turn into an interesting debate after that!

Blackhorse
23-06-2009, 07:35 PM
I must admit the language was terrible, but it really is only the first few posts, it does turn into an interesting debate after that!

I forced myself to read through the posts as I thought it was interesting too.
But it is amazing what language people use when they speak to each other!
It is shocking!!

sophiestars
23-06-2009, 07:50 PM
Interesting discussion on that forum and I also agree about the bad language.

I think it is a bit over the top for us to have to do so much paperwork regarding EYFS especially as we all end up doing it in our own time. I think they could make it a bit easier for us. I ilke the EYFS but to have to do such detailed assessments is just too much I think.

Also if you managed to read further down the page the issue of unregistered childminding comes up again with them all asking if it is allowed. They don't seem to think it is illegal as it is not for long. Makes me sooooo mad!!!! I have seen a couple of people at my DS's school regularly looking after other people's children. I can't believe they do it for free and it makes me so disheartened that I work this hard and do mountains of paperwork for a pittance and they just get away with it grrrrrrrr!!!!:angry:

TheBTeam
23-06-2009, 08:05 PM
Right i have now come back to this! And Sarah is right, once past the expletives some people actually have a lid on what it is like to be a childminder, what it should be like and what parents want for their child.

I personally don't hate the idea of the EYFS in that i like the idea of the learning journey as a nice thing for the child to see themselves in the future and if you are going to care for a child you need to know their likes, dislikes and have an idea of how to plan, extend and carry out activities, be safe and be bothered enough to do it.
I also like the EYFS more now than when it first came out as the feeling seems to be growing that it is okay for children to freeplay and do their own stuff on their own some of the time, the eyfs is not about autonomously herding the children from one planned activity to the next, but this then by nature annoys me that i have to observe in writing their freeplay to prove that they are doing what generations of children have done for centuries before, learn through their play!!!

sophiestars
23-06-2009, 08:08 PM
[QUOTE][but this then by nature annoys me that i have to observe in writing their freeplay to prove that they are doing what generations of children have done for centuries before, learn through their play!!!/QUOTE]

exactamondo!!!!

sophiestars
23-06-2009, 08:09 PM
but this then by nature annoys me that i have to observe in writing their freeplay to prove that they are doing what generations of children have done for centuries before, learn through their play!!!

exactamondo!!!!

Schnakes
25-06-2009, 12:21 AM
Mmm, interesting, the thread is no longer there.

Gonna come back to this later, my first comment is i found it very hard to take the thread of this, for the expletives kept distracting me and getting in the way. What an awful forum that allows such 'expressive' comments,

Ive been on the Guardian talkboards for about eight years, I think Im immune to it - if you think that was bad, you should see when people DONT agree with each other!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Its funny though...Ive said this before and no doubt I'll be saying it again..but!! Why does anyone care so much about the language? Genuinely interested. I swear quite a lot (actually, an awful lot!!!) but I dont consdier my language to be "common" or "offensive"...I come from a very middle class background, Im always told how posh my accent is, blah blah blah. I cant stand "chavs who use the word f:censored: ing instead of breathing, but a well placed cuss can convey so much more than a "darn" ever could....they are just words...how do they harm you? How can they stop you partaking in genuine debate? Im not trying to be argumentative....I am genuinely interested. If the words are used to convey emotion, rather than just being blurted out by some ill-educated half wit, how is it so bad?

(For the record, I cant stand anyone using words for effect - swear or no swear).

Sx