PDA

View Full Version : When parents come for a visit...

Tippy Toes
23-06-2009, 12:45 PM
Do you give them anything to go home with? What I mean is, do you give them copies of your policies and proceedures? Somthing for them to look at to help them decide if the childcare you are offering if what they want? :blush:

So far I have been giving them copies of my policies and proceedures as it is so much to take in when they are visiting.

What do you do? :)

Thanks everyone x :D

singlewiththree
23-06-2009, 12:56 PM
I used to give them copies of my policies but it just proved too much paper for me.

I now just judge it by the type of parent/place.

I tend to just give them an about me information sheet which is about me and my qualifications and a leaflet about fees/holidays etc. Then if they come back to sign contracts I try and email them a copy of the policies but if they really need them in a paper copy I do it then.

My holiday parents I let them borrow the policies and bring them back.

loocyloo
23-06-2009, 12:59 PM
i have a 'brochure' that all parents take home.

it is just a folded piece of A4 paper, with a little info about me, what we do, activities etc, brief sample menu, fees and contact/website details!

i also give them a couple of business cards and currently, a small magnet ( as got some done free on vistaprint :D )

i don't send any policies or anything else home until we have signed contracts! the policies are in my portfolio for them to read whilst at my house if they wish to.

i also ask all parents to fill in a 'prospective parents' form - with names/address/contact details/child(ren)/hours/days etc, so that i can contact them if i don't hear from them!

mumx3
23-06-2009, 12:59 PM
I am new to this but I have been giving them a brief overview and fees to take away with them. (2 sides of A4)

I discuss the content of my policies as they fall into conversation but dont get the folder out...I did this once and I think it put them off!

If the come back saying they want a place, I email them policies to read before signing contracts and then at that meeting ask if there were any queries.

At signing contracts I give them a welcome pack which explains everything from daily routine, menu sample, clothing/ belongings and how the setting works. This is as they sign contracts so as I am not wasting paper on people who dont want a place! I have learnt that lesson!

My first couple of mindees I scrutinised the policies with parents before signing contracts straight after. This lead to 3 hour meetings and everyone being bored! So with advice taken from this site I have altered it to the above, which is working well.

Daftbat
23-06-2009, 01:01 PM
I always give a parent pack which has my policies in it along with permission slips , menu details etc.