PDA

View Full Version : I am looking for a storage cabinet, buggy board and sleeping mats

vix84
23-06-2009, 12:28 PM
Hi :)

I thought maybe someone on here could point me in the right direction

I am looking for a big sturdy cabinet/wardrobe (but has shelves not rails!) so that I can shut off some of our toys/paperwork/letters/phone etc.
I was looking for something similar to one of my friends cabinets but she got it in mfi and they are now closed down.
I do currently have a cheap £40 bookshelf type thing but it so rickety and the shelves aren't deep enough and high enough for the toy baskets. Id also like to be able to have doors to shut it all off.

secondly, I am looking for a buggy board that fits 2 different pushchairs - I have a Mothercare 3 wheeler MY3, and also a double McLaran.
http://www.mothercare.com/Mothercare-mychoice-3-wheeler-pushchair-chassis/dp/B001NM0NIS/sr=1-1/qid=1245759951/ref=sr_1_1/280-0679486-0847634?_encoding=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=42805041&mcb=core

thirdly, my son who is a year sleeps on the sofa, and my mindee who is a year sleeps in a rocker chair, and my other in the cot upstairs.
Im thinking of putting the 2 younger ones onto mattresses on the floor, as the mindee's legs are dangling off the end of the rocker chair.
I dont want to be lugging down cot mattresses so can anyone recommend any fold out mattresses that are easy to store, but also aren't too thin?

Many thanks in advance:)

Louise_Oaktree
23-06-2009, 12:57 PM
We invested in the Billy Bookcase fitted units from Ikea. They are not too deep that they look big and take up lots of space, but not too small to be useful. I have doors on the bottom section and am saving up for doors for the top (the doors are the most expensive as I chose the wood). Also you can easily add to so although quite expensive we bought what we could afford and intend to add another unit on when I can afford it.

I have see-through boxes with lids inside so the kids open the cupboard and can see what there is ;) but have started to do some picture labels for the cupboard doors.