PDA

View Full Version : Grazes and scraches

Ben10mad
23-06-2009, 12:15 PM
Hi.
I see accident forms for serious things such as bangs to he head ect
Do you fill in acciident forms for a graze and a scrach, the reason why i ask is as i have two adventurous boys who are 4 and always fall over, and seem to get scrach marks on their faces, would you fill in an accident form for these.

Ben10mad

singlewiththree
23-06-2009, 12:58 PM
I don't I just mention it to mum and for the younger ones make a note in their diary.

I judge each scratch on its own merit.

loocyloo
23-06-2009, 01:04 PM
if i haven't done anything ( ie washed it, put a plaster on etc ) i just tell parents (or put it in diary for LO)

other than that, i have a page for each child in my medical file that lists what happened ie fell over own feet, knee washed, plaster applied to graze. i then date and sign, and get parents to sign when they collect!

sarah707
23-06-2009, 01:24 PM
The Eyfs says you must write down every accident ...

So long as it is written down and you have made sure parents sign to say they are aware then you are covering yourself.

The danger of course is that one of those bumps turns into concussion and there's nothing on paper because you didn't think it was serious... or the child thinks in later life that one of those scrapes is a disfigurement and decides to sue you.

It must be written down and signed for, it's too risky not.

Hope this helps! :D

Daftbat
23-06-2009, 01:26 PM
I log bumps, especially to the head and anything that leave a mark.

Blaze
23-06-2009, 02:01 PM
Minor things I put in the daily diary (which parents sign) ...everything else gets a full accident/incident form! ...My poor attempt at saving some money!

rickysmiths
23-06-2009, 03:18 PM
I agree with Sarah, it all goes in the accient book and is signed for.
When Ofsted first ever inspected me I got told off for not doing this. She said that for the age group of children I had I should have had lots more 'bumps and scrapes' reports.

Moominmomma
23-06-2009, 03:47 PM
I have been putting in bumps in the incident book. However the lo I look after goes red at the slightest touch, so I wait 10 min then if it marks I record it.