PDA

View Full Version : Water fights! Yeh or Neh

Bananabrain
22-06-2009, 05:21 PM
Do you allow mindees to have water fights? And if so,where do you draw the line?

This summer I'm really going to try and 'let go' a bit. Last summer hols I got a bit cross with myself for constantly nagging the children ie. not allowing them to climb trees,go near water,play rough and tumble games etc. I sooooo want them to be allowed to actually 'be children' and play and mess about.

Would you let them? And would you get permission?

FizzysFriends
22-06-2009, 05:23 PM
Yes we have water fights here, we have water pistols out but they aren't allowed to use the hose (thats mine :laughing: ), also they are also have to give a warning first (not just start one) as I have one that wont have water on her face so puts goggles on.

No I don't get permission, its just part of garden play.

Bananabrain
22-06-2009, 05:29 PM
Problem is that ours usually start with trickles {water balloons for example} and end up with bucket loads as I have mostly boys and they don't know when to stop:laughing:

Then I have soaking wet children and a tumble dryer full of soggy clothes!

FizzysFriends
22-06-2009, 05:32 PM
mine bring water clothes (a swimming costume and then a long t-shirt to wear over the top).

I don't use water bombs because I thought it would be a nightmare picking up the little bits of balloon everytime one popped.

tinkerbelle
22-06-2009, 05:33 PM
we had one last week and the kids flooded my utility room it was all good fun though n they really enjoyed themselves as did i :blush:

Bananabrain
22-06-2009, 05:49 PM
The deal is if they want to use water bombs,they pick up the pieces.

Guess what I've been doing this evening?

peanuts
22-06-2009, 05:54 PM
i went out last year to stop the water fights, it started off with water pistols and water balloons then the older ones got more daring. when i went out to say that no more water fight. i got a bucket of water over me. He was kidding that he was going to do it, so i said if you do you will be in trouble, he did it anyway, couldnt do anything but laugh. that was the end of the water fights last year. and yes the bucket was full of freezing cold water.

Mouse
22-06-2009, 06:00 PM
I only mind little ones, so things don't get too out of hand. They can't manage to work the water pistols & their aims aren't very good, so it's all pretty harmless.

Personally I hate water in my face, so when my own kids have water fights I disappear indoors...to drop waterbombs on them from the bathroom window :laughing:

madasahatter
22-06-2009, 06:03 PM
Here they can have water fights as long as they have spare clothes and they have agreed that they all want to take part otherwise we inevitably have tears from someone who didn't want to play and who has been soaked (probably deliberately).
I think I embarassed my 12 yr old son the other week. He had a friend round and they had been playing on wii in his bedroom. I was outside with the other kids when they sneaked down and tried to fire the big water gun at my niece who was lounging in a hammock. Unfortunately they missed, instead hitting me and my 1 yr old mindee full pelt. LO screamed blue murder and I calmly told his mate to go home.

flora
22-06-2009, 06:14 PM
We love water fight here :clapping:

Lady Haha
22-06-2009, 09:01 PM
Yeh, we have water pistols! The only rule is that you don't shoot an unarmed man!

sweets
22-06-2009, 09:07 PM
Yeh definaltly! water fights are great but i would have a rule that they are organised and not just started anytime, You need spare clothes, an nice day so that wet clothes can be hung out and of course NO children are allowed the hose pipe as that is strictly for childminders only! lol

TheBTeam
22-06-2009, 09:09 PM
Yes we have water fights here, usually started by dh, i either have spare clothes for the children or if we are having a spell of good weather suggest that they bring something to change in to.

I have a rule that if you stay in the garden you are fair game for the while that the water is going on, we have a conservatory that can be used for the time and i ensure that it doesn't last so long that the others do not have outside access.

This is because I have one child who moans like mad, but strangely enough knowing what is going to happen always wants to be outside still!!!:rolleyes

I am not as keen as dh and dd, and would stop things sooner than most of them would like were it not for dh!

Chatterbox Childcare
22-06-2009, 09:23 PM
Why not? Mine all play with water but different levels for different ages. Little ones have the paddling pool and bowls/sieves etc and the older ones have whatever they want with a bucket to fill from the hose.

Obviously some supervision is required.

angeldelight
22-06-2009, 09:25 PM
Well if the summer ever comes back we will def be making the most of it

So much fun having water fights and they can always dry off after

Angel xx

wendywu
22-06-2009, 10:25 PM
Yes we like water fights. We all get soaked if DH is washing his car out the front and we come home from toddlers. Not fair

Trouble
22-06-2009, 11:10 PM
yehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

thats what summer is all about

we have water bombs:D

Bananabrain
23-06-2009, 12:01 PM
Thanks for all the replies.

Feel better now. Think I was a bit worried that the parents would tell me I was irresponsible. Can't win in this job!!!!

I think there will be tougher rules this year though!

charleyfarley
23-06-2009, 12:09 PM
Water fights of course we have them and food fights in the past but that was in hubbys army days and NO children were involved :laughing: :laughing:

We have them but the children have to have dry clothes to put on, I often squirt my two with the hose pipe when watering the plants, it's all good clean fun :clapping: :clapping:

Carol xx

Pipsqueak
23-06-2009, 12:14 PM
We love water fight here :clapping:

Same here!:jump for joy: :clapping: