PDA

View Full Version : and another phone call..

Blackhorse
22-06-2009, 04:20 PM
what is happening here?
had 2 calls in 1 hour
this one are 2 full timers!! mum coming round on saturday for a chat
little girl goes to nursery but mum is willing to stop that if it is a problem to get to for me...(she doesn't drive either so knows...but we said we will work it out...)

but then if the lady from saturday phones back and wants the place I would be over my numbers as I have my own dd

is it ok to tell the woman from saturday that I am seeing someone else and will let them know after the meeting? or is that bad? but I don't want to lie..but I also need the money so I'd rather have 2 full timers than just the 1...

chewy sweets
22-06-2009, 04:23 PM
my god they're like buses aren't they. You wait and wait then 6 come along at the same time:laughing: lol
congrats and really hope you get the work:thumbsup:

huggableshelly
22-06-2009, 04:24 PM
i would let the second caller know you have another parent looking for care too and second parent may have to go on a waiting list as you work on a first come first serve ... but if first parent chooses not to take the place she will gain first refusal or summat like that.

Alibali
22-06-2009, 04:26 PM
WOW!!!! Where are you getting enquiries from? Is it your flyers or the CIS? My phone hasn't rung for months!

Blackhorse
22-06-2009, 04:28 PM
i would let the second caller know you have another parent looking for care too and second parent may have to go on a waiting list as you work on a first come first serve ... but if first parent chooses not to take the place she will gain first refusal or summat like that.

hmm..not sure about the first serve basis..I see what you are saying but I don't want to feel oblidged to have to take someone because the phoned first...especially since i really need the money. but then again I don't want to do things that are unfair (not sure what better word to use..) I hope you can see my dilemma here.
maybe both won't choose me but what if both want to send their kids?
is it ok to say no to someone as you have to take the one where you earn more - no committments have been made so far as nothing signed...ahhh this is hard!

Blackhorse
22-06-2009, 04:29 PM
WOW!!!! Where are you getting enquiries from? Is it your flyers or the CIS? My phone hasn't rung for months!

I should really ask them...will find out on saturday where she seen me.
but I thin kit is CIS but they also seem to know about my homepage..but then again that is on the CIS page too...and loads of other places..:D
out of 4 enquiries in the last 2 weeks 2 came from debbie...
the 2 today I don't know...

Alibali
22-06-2009, 05:01 PM
Great thanks. As for who to give places too, it's your business and you're in it to make money so you need to choose what feels right for you. I'd let the mum of 2 know that you are waiting on someone getting back to you but if she want's to sign first the places are hers, assuming you get on OK and click with the parents. The only downside to 2 from one family is that when they leave you lose a lot of money at one time.

Keep us informed:D

Tatjana
22-06-2009, 05:42 PM
Wow, you're on a roll! I would wait and see how you feel about them both before you make your decision....which should suit you and your businesss!:thumbsup:

xx

Minstrel
22-06-2009, 06:10 PM
Thats fab!

Could you send some of the good luck vibes my way too!!?

jibberjitz
22-06-2009, 07:10 PM
Fab news :clapping:

Demonjill
22-06-2009, 08:58 PM
Thats fab Nicole. You are having a run of good luck at the mo:thumbsup:

Wait and see how it goes with the other before you decide but i would be tempted too with the more money. You havnt promised anything to the first enquiry.

Blackhorse
22-06-2009, 09:06 PM
Thats fab Nicole. You are having a run of good luck at the mo:thumbsup:

Wait and see how it goes with the other before you decide but i would be tempted too with the more money. You havnt promised anything to the first enquiry.

Well that was my first thought too..but now I am thinking on the lines of this:
my dd is 17 months old and first inquiry is a girl 15 months old
for me a perfect match..they even have the same nap times

the second inquiry are 2. a boy aged 2 and a girl aged 4
so I would bring 2 older children into the house...(there will obviously be older kids around but I thought maybe it is better for my dd to get used to childminding with a same age child to begin with... or is this maybe not really relevant anyways?

so my options are:
they both want me and I can't decide what's best (considering money as well as my dd)
only one of them wants me...well no decision there have to start working
nobody wants me...I'll hide and cry...

Blackhorse
22-06-2009, 09:06 PM
Thats fab!

Could you send some of the good luck vibes my way too!!?

Sending good luck wibes down south!!!! :D