PDA

View Full Version : DHC course

kellym3
16-02-2008, 05:21 PM
:blush: can you ladys please tell me if you have to be looking after mindees to do the DHC for some reason iv got it in my head that you do? i have been putting it off( still no mindees as of yet) i was suposed to start one in sep 07 but had my baby end aug so could not start.:blush:

sarah707
16-02-2008, 05:30 PM
I know you need experience to do the NVQ and NCMA quality first... but I thought the dhc was a continuation of the icp and lots of people just carry on studying once they are registered...

Might be wrong though! Will wait for someone to come and correct me! :D

Mollymop
16-02-2008, 05:31 PM
Hi ya, i may be wrong, but I was told at the end of the ICp course that you have to be registred and have minded children when you do the DHC. I asked if it would be ok to use my own children if I haven't got any mindees and she said not really you have to have minded children. I may be wrong, but that is what my tutor said.
Someone else may be able to help you. Good luck x

LittleMissSparkles
16-02-2008, 05:32 PM
Sarah is right, the DHC is a continuation of the ICP unit 1 DHC is units 2 to 5 to complete the full DHC xxx You dont have to do this but I believe they are bringing it in you need a level 3 qualification xxx

kellym3
18-02-2008, 09:43 AM
thanks for the replys. but do you need mindees to do it? do anyone else have a answer:blush: sorry for keep asking.

sarah707
18-02-2008, 11:04 AM
thanks for the replys. but do you need mindees to do it? do anyone else have a answer:blush: sorry for keep asking.

Don't apologise Kelly! If you don't ask you don't find out!

Yes you need to provide evidence of doing things, so you need to be working with children...

When I did my NVQ I was quiet on the minding front for different ages, so I spent a day a week in the local school volunteering with Reception and Year 1 - the teachers were glad to have me there and gave me lots to do and I got loads of evidence for the course at the same time. :D