PDA

View Full Version : What do your mindee's call you?

~Chelle~
22-06-2009, 01:02 PM
My mindee's call me Chelle as I feel that it is easier to say than Michelle.

I am asking because whilst at toddler group the other day I saw another local childminder and the 3/4 year old called her Mrs ******. I was a bit shocked as to me that sounds quite formal. She has a 2 year old mindee also. Apparently she insists that the parents call her it too so as to be totally professional.

Does anyone else insist on being called Mrs or Miss ****??

wendywu
22-06-2009, 01:03 PM
No i am Wendy, sometimes mummy, miss as in teacher and even nanny :laughing:

fionamal
22-06-2009, 01:10 PM
oh no I would never dream of kids calling me Mrs........

Get mummy quite alot from the little ones but in general its Fiona or ona.

Mouse
22-06-2009, 01:10 PM
I know of some minders who get the children to call them Auntie so & so, or Nanny so & so, but I prefer they just use my name (or as close to it as they can get :laughing: ).

I think being called Mrs is a bit odd!

tinkerbelle
22-06-2009, 01:12 PM
depending on where the child has been it could be miss, mummy, nanna, auntie but mainly my real name not the nickname iv used for years :laughing: gets very confusing

Andrea08
22-06-2009, 01:18 PM
Im either Andrea , Andie, Angi.. depends on the child's age but they all end up calling me Andrea by the time they hit school..

the staff in nursery are called Mrs *** or Miss *** but i think that is because the staff also go into school and teach other year groups too.

did think about calling myself Mrs M. but its just not feeling right so Andrea ill stay xx

Ellen
22-06-2009, 01:19 PM
Two of mine used to call me Mrs ........... i kept on saying my name is Ellen this is becauce i used to help out in school. I now say to all children and parents you call me Ellen. I think Mrs ............ is so formal

Ellen x

LittleAcorns
22-06-2009, 01:34 PM
Im called, aweeze, duweeze WEEEEEEEZE lol Louise is a bit tricky for littlies :o)

Hebs
22-06-2009, 01:39 PM
My mindees call me Hebba, its hard to say heather lol

PixiePetal
22-06-2009, 03:12 PM
Jennie, Jen or JenJen.

Def not Mrs.......... or Jennifer!:laughing:

Mollymop
22-06-2009, 03:16 PM
I am called Darrnda, mum, Mummy, Sandra.
I have 2 children who call me mummy at the moment, one is 23 month and the other has special needs. - "no, i am Sandra" it wears me out I have to say this all the time! ha

Jules27
22-06-2009, 03:31 PM
Older ones call me Julie, had a 2 year old who could say Julie very well, my currant 2 yr old and 18 month old tend to call me mummy coz they copy my son lol!!! Get a bit tired of saying ' No , Julie. Mummy's at work!!!'

Jen4Kids
22-06-2009, 03:33 PM
Jennie, Jen or JenJen.

Def not Mrs.......... or Jennifer!:laughing:

Snap :D

Or im 'enny or mummy

My nieces and nephews call me aunty jenjen :p

gigglinggoblin
22-06-2009, 03:35 PM
My mindee has no prob calling me by my first name, I do wonder how to refer to myself tho as my son is the same age (2) and I dont know how they figure out who I am talking about half the time.

What do you all do when someone else calls you mum? I am swinging between saying nothing and pretending its not important and jumping on it and explaining I am his minder and then feeling like I am being ridiculous cos they didnt really care in the first place!

Louise_Oaktree
22-06-2009, 03:39 PM
Im called, aweeze, duweeze WEEEEEEEZE lol Louise is a bit tricky for littlies :o)

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

My son is almost 4 and now calls me "Louise" rather than "Mummy" :eek:

I think it's because he plays with the after school children and it's just sort of stuck.

Spangles
22-06-2009, 03:40 PM
My mindee's used to call me Rain as it's easier to say.

I wouldn't want them to call me anything but my name. I'm not their mum, aunt, etc. and Mrs *** sounds really stand-offish for a home service.

I wouldn't want my little boy calling a childminder anything but their name. We don't call anyone aunt or uncle for instance unless that is what they actually are!

At my son's pre-school they're called Mrs .... or Miss ..... but I think this is in preparation for school.

huggableshelly
22-06-2009, 04:18 PM
most of mine call me shell

one calls me meeeecheelllee that really annoys me LOL

youngest calls me mommy but when I say who am i she says shell

PixiePetal
22-06-2009, 04:37 PM
Snap :D

Or im 'enny or mummy

My nieces and nephews call me aunty jenjen :p

I have been nenny and denny too!!

haribo
22-06-2009, 04:57 PM
mine call me liz but i often get called mummy by the little ones , im also`miss` when the after schoolies forget where they are lol ... i cant believe someone gets mindees to call her mrs :eek: well maybe if they were much older but still i think its a bit formal :panic:

aly
22-06-2009, 04:59 PM
I'm ALy or Alyson...it's my 4 yo son I get trouble with as he has started calling me Alyson instead of mum/mummy lol

Playmate
22-06-2009, 05:16 PM
I'm usually Ally until they master S! Mick often gets called Micky which he can't stand, but I think it's quite funny watching hom sqirm :D

FizzysFriends
22-06-2009, 05:25 PM
They just call me my first name, I wouldn't like them to be any more formal than that.

jess
22-06-2009, 05:33 PM
lol, I have been jeff, jester, dester and jecca! never mrs though!:eek:

Sarahbelle
22-06-2009, 05:57 PM
My mindees call me Sarah or more often than not Sawah, lol. Still could be worse my friend Louise is a childminder and she gets called Weeeeeze!:laughing:

amirose
22-06-2009, 06:05 PM
I have a mindee who thinks its funny to call me "childminder" :eek: :eek: :eek:

Shes 6 and I say that's my job not my name and she just goes "argggghhhh!" :rolleyes:

Generally I am always called Ami (amy but its spelt weird lol) but a few have started calling me amz (which I don't really like to be honest!)

hello kitty
22-06-2009, 06:45 PM
I had one little boy aged 2 who used to called me Quaver don't ask me why I have no idea!! It's not even close to my name.

manjay
22-06-2009, 08:55 PM
I just get my name apart from one family who insist on using Aunty:panic: I drop so many hints (as it's the parents fault) but they don't work.

My ds starts off calling me mummy then if he doesn't get a reply he moves on to my name:D

Chatterbox Childcare
22-06-2009, 09:30 PM
Mummy is a common word when they are little but it is always Debbie or Deb once they can talk and once they can boy do they talk. My 1 year old yells Debbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbie until I go to him and the others join in to.

CT64
22-06-2009, 09:57 PM
Well, CERTAINLY not Mrs xxx, I would hate that. As my name is Caroline, it is quite a difficult name to pronounce. I have been a multitude of things and have become very versatile over the years answering to a wide variety of attempts
I have to say though, I think that 'Mammaline' has to have been the very best ... I loved that one, and was quite sad when maturity of speech took it away, and I became boring old Caroline once more!