PDA

View Full Version : Staying Motivated after notice given

grindal
22-06-2009, 09:23 AM
My mindees parents gave me a months notice on Thursday. It was not totally unexpected as they have been waiting for a nursery place for her, but did come round quicker than I was expecting. Anyway, as she has only been here for a month I have barely started any obs on her and now she is going. Anyway, how many obs would you be thinking about doing after you have been given notice? I am feeling a bit un motivated at the moment!! :blush:

TheBTeam
22-06-2009, 09:27 AM
Personally unless you needed them for an imminent inspection, then I wouldn't!

May not be completely professional, but for a months notice I would not do anything formal!

Just read this back and in all reality I would do what i did with my last one that i only had for 6 weeks, cos the mum was too ill with pregnancy to work (child came to me as current cm on mat leave). I did continue with photos and obs and then gave them to mum (Just to show how professional i was!)

But i would do them in your situation to show as what you have done to ofsted!

grindal
22-06-2009, 09:29 AM
Thanks Bteam - that is my immediate reaction, but it concerns me that I have not yet had an inspection, and have been registered for just over a year now :eek: .

I suppose I will just try and jot down a few post it obs over the next couple of weeks so at least I can identify some next steps for the 6 areas of learning.

sarah707
22-06-2009, 09:39 AM
Why not write something for the next setting showing how she is achieving to the 6 areas of L & D?

It wouldn't take long... add a few photos and some artwork... job done! :D