PDA

View Full Version : I may have a broken elbow. Has anbody carried on working

honey
21-06-2009, 02:57 PM
If they have a broken bone. Hubby says I have to stop for a week or so. But I am not too sure. I don't have babies just children under 3

sweets
21-06-2009, 03:01 PM
Ooh poor you , how did u manage that?
I suppose it depends how sore you are regards to working, i would have a few days off to get used to being one handed ( although i expect most cm's are good at his anyway!)
Legally i don't know if you are allowed though, what if a child fell over and you couldn't pick them up.

misst104
21-06-2009, 03:01 PM
ouch!!! I bet that hurts honey. I cannot give any advice as, touch wood, i have never broken a bone. Hope someone else will come along soon who can help. I guess it depends on whether you can still do the work effectively - but not sure really.

Hope its not broken!

xxx jo

ORKSIE
21-06-2009, 04:07 PM
I think it depends on wether you are able to do your job properly. What about nappy changes, or are they all dry now.
Lifting, carrying etc.
I am just thinking of you, and of course you Lo's.
Hope its ok soon:)

sarah707
21-06-2009, 04:32 PM
I would say it's up to you and how you feel / how safe children are in your care ...

And what your doctor says.

Hope it's feeling better soon xx

honey
21-06-2009, 05:12 PM
had xray. It's not broken yippee!!!!!!! It's badly bruised but still in a sling for a week. Cannot drive so had to tell parents this. I have one baby on a wednesday and told her mom that I cannot have her as I would not be able to do nappy change etc. I slipped on some food that was on the floor of a restaurant at drayton manor this lunchtime. My kids were in tears when we left they had only been on 3 rides

miffy
21-06-2009, 05:57 PM
Pleased to hear your elbow isn't broken bet it's still very painful though.

Take it easy and hope it's better soon

Have you complained to Drayton Manor, they might offer you some compensation

Miffy xx

georgie456
21-06-2009, 08:16 PM
Ouch that sounds nasty - poor you :(

I agree you should take it up with Drayton Manor.....

Hope you feel better soon xx

hectors house
22-06-2009, 11:59 AM
you should definately contact Drayton Manor - was it written in an accident book or were you seen by a first aider - "Where there is blame there is a claim" - even if it is free tickets, let alone you losing money for not being able to mind this week.

I did carry on minding with a broken toe and a broken bone in my hand after a horse riding accident - I told myself it was so I didn't let the parents down but it was really probably the lose of earnings.

Glad it's not broken though - to have your arm in a sling is bad enough but a plaster cast in the summer must be hell!

honey
23-06-2009, 09:14 AM
Yes we gave put a compaint in. Well I have 3 kids under 3 yes and theyvere playingvwoth the train set nicely. Free play is good at times. They keep asking if I am ok. Bless them.