PDA

View Full Version : Overnight Care

jumpinjen
16-02-2008, 03:00 PM
Hi All,

I want to care for children overnight cos when I was looking for a childminder for returning to work after MY first daughter, I couldn't find anyone who couldmind late or overnight if we were really struggling (I'm a nurse).

Does anyone else do it, and how does it work out for you?

Any hints and tips for me or things to consider??

What will ofsted want to see before they register me to work overnight??

Thanks, jenni xx

deeb66
16-02-2008, 03:16 PM
Hi Jenni

Sorry I can't really help you with this one as i don't do nor have I ever done overnight care.

I do know the some of the members on here do do and are registered for overnight care.

Hopefully one of them will be on soon and will be able to help you

jumpinjen
16-02-2008, 03:19 PM
Thanks Dee,

i hope so, I have many more probably bizarre topics to pick people's minds about in the meantime!!!!

I will keep an eye on the thread and wait patiently!!

Jenni x

Banana
16-02-2008, 04:02 PM
Hi

I am registered for overnight care, there isnt really much extra work involved. You just have to have a suitable room and sleeping arrangements, risk assesment for overnight care, bedding etc... Bedrooms have to be safe. Smoke alarms upstairs, stair gates etc.

I'd register for it as you never know when it may come in handy. I've only got 1 overnight stay booked in for this year so far and last year I had 2 for the whole year - not a big calling for it round my way but wouldnt want to be doing it all the time
xx

miffy
16-02-2008, 05:46 PM
Sorry can't help but didn't want to read and run

Think Lana's answered all your questions

Good luck

Miffy xx

LittleMissSparkles
16-02-2008, 05:48 PM
I offer overnight care but in 8 months of been registered havent had any enquiries into it :( to be honest I'm not bothered either or would be working 24 / 7 !!!!

There are extra guidelines you have to meet aswell as the 14 national standards as Lana had already said xxxx

good luck xxx

Angela234
16-02-2008, 05:54 PM
I am registered for overnight care, only had 1 phone call enquiring person was unsure if she had to work nights or days so never got back to me. Its handy just incase.
Inspector just checked the room talked about risk assesment smoke alarms same as Lana says really

Angela

jumpinjen
16-02-2008, 07:23 PM
Thanks for all the helpful comments!

I'm not surprised that there aren't many enquiries, i wouldn't really want to leave my children overnight if I didn't absolutely HAVE to!

Will register for it though I think (long time off yet!!)

Jen x