PDA

View Full Version : Website advice needed!

Sarahbelle
20-06-2009, 09:40 PM
Okay, I have decided to give my business a re-vamp. New name etc, etc. I've decided to do a website but haven't a clue which site that offers free webs is easy (and i mean easy!) to use. One of the ones I have looked at is Microsoft Office live. Can anyone out there tell me if this is really easy to use? or should I try a different one? :panic:

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

katickles
20-06-2009, 09:43 PM
try freewebs :D

manjay
20-06-2009, 09:43 PM
Okay, I have decided to give my business a re-vamp. New name etc, etc. I've decided to do a website but haven't a clue which site that offers free webs is easy (and i mean easy!) to use. One of the ones I have looked at is Microsoft Office live. Can anyone out there tell me if this is really easy to use? or should I try a different one? :panic:

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I use Microsft Office live and found it really easy. You can then add more technical bits by searching around on the web. For example I wanted my logo as a background on all of my pages so I hunted and found a code that allowed me to do this. A really nice looking basic site is very easy to do. If you decide to use microsoft and have any problems give me a shout:)

Forgot to say I chose this one as I wanted to go for one that didn't have adverts on my site

sarah707
20-06-2009, 09:53 PM
Pauline makes websites and they are very reasonably priced!

Otherwise, you could try webs.com or webnode.com - I use them both and I'm not a techno wizard. :D

Sarahbelle
21-06-2009, 10:17 AM
I use Microsft Office live and found it really easy. You can then add more technical bits by searching around on the web. For example I wanted my logo as a background on all of my pages so I hunted and found a code that allowed me to do this. A really nice looking basic site is very easy to do. If you decide to use microsoft and have any problems give me a shout:)

Forgot to say I chose this one as I wanted to go for one that didn't have adverts on my site

Thanks manjay. Thats really kind of you. I've looked at your site and it looks great! Hope I can produce something that looks that good. Think i am going to have to enlist the help of my DS:D . Hes the computer whizz of the house. I think I would like to use my logo too. So how do you find the code?

manjay
21-06-2009, 02:21 PM
Thanks manjay. Thats really kind of you. I've looked at your site and it looks great! Hope I can produce something that looks that good. Think i am going to have to enlist the help of my DS:D . Hes the computer whizz of the house. I think I would like to use my logo too. So how do you find the code?

No probs. Thanks for the positive comments about my site:thumbsup:

You can add the logo simply as an image as I have on my home page. Once you have done the basics of the site I can then try and help with background images if you want to do that.

Sarahbelle
21-06-2009, 04:55 PM
No probs. Thanks for the positive comments about my site:thumbsup:

You can add the logo simply as an image as I have on my home page. Once you have done the basics of the site I can then try and help with background images if you want to do that.

Sounds simple enough. I will have a go. Will pm you if I have probs!:)