PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice

Lily Grace
20-06-2009, 09:16 PM
Hi had a bit of a moan a few days ago about after schoolers now I need to sort it out. Generally they are a good but last week there was a lot of play fighting which was getting out of hand, I dont allow any play fighting but as i was getting buggy ready, doing last bits of washing up, sorting out younger children I wasn't in the living room to sort them out. One mindee was in a bad mood so it completely disrupts the other children. I was thinking of sending a letter out to all the children's parents to have a few ground rules and if they are broken the parents will be told as it is now I think affecting me looking after the younger children. One mindee is very disruptive and my DD has been at the receiving end of punches and kicks and my hubby is not very happy.

sarah707
20-06-2009, 09:21 PM
If over 8s are impacting on the care of the little ones then the Eyfs and Childcare Registers say you must give notice.

Perhaps if parents are reminded of this they will speak to the children about their behaviour with you.

I definitely think you should be getting them on side. Good luck! :D

gegele
20-06-2009, 09:27 PM
what about doing a new set of ground rules with the kids to remind them and have them to sign it and mention to parents what you did and mention in the conversation/newsletter that non appliance to those rules might end up in you giving notice for the welfare of the younger ones.

it was so clear in my head, i hope you understand what i mean,
you luck anyway

Lily Grace
20-06-2009, 09:47 PM
I was thinking of sending out new ground rules to parents and children for them both to sign. Think I will do that tomorrow for Monday morning. Thanks for advice, it really is impacting on whether I take on any more work which is stupid really. I am quite a patient person but last week was really the last straw!!

wendywu
20-06-2009, 10:19 PM
Get really cross. it always works for me:laughing:

haribo
20-06-2009, 10:40 PM
Get really cross. it always works for me:laughing:

haha i agree , i was once at the end of my tether with 2 older boys who didnt get on and or did their parents but thats another story lol, id had enough one day and let rip , told them i didnt care what went on outside my house but inside they were to get on or they werent coming anymore i really went to town and they made an effort after that , we spent most of our time playing football on the park so they didnt have the energy to fight anymore anyway :laughing: