PDA

View Full Version : cost of food / snacks

Zoomie
20-06-2009, 07:53 PM
I am busy trying to estimate my income for the year, so that I can update my tax credits.

Please can you tell me what you estimate your cost to be for snack, breakfast and lunch ?

My mindees seem to eat a tonne of fruit (like an apple, 2 satsumas, banana, and a pear) in the space of a morning, plus porridge for brekkie (eventhough they have had at home), and a sandwich and someother kinds of fruit / veg for lunch, plus milk and juice for drinks, but I haven't got down to working it all out yet.

Daftbat
21-06-2009, 10:53 AM
I have an allowance for each child per day of £2 to cover lunch and snacks. I add an extra £1 for an evening meal.

TheBTeam
21-06-2009, 12:15 PM
I have an allowance for each child per day of £2 to cover lunch and snacks. I add an extra £1 for an evening meal.

Mine eat loads, the lunch alone is around £2 to provide, and snacks for older ones easily £1, a bit less for the little ones. I also allow £2 for any evening meal, but these are my costs I do not charge extra to parents.

Chatterbox Childcare
21-06-2009, 12:30 PM
Why not use an average since you started. i.e. May - March = 11 months. Expenses for last year divided by 11 multiplied by 12

It only has to be approximate.

Zoomie
21-06-2009, 12:33 PM
Thank goodness the snacks and meals aren't as cost effective as I thought they had to.

I know schools charge about £1.70 for a meal, and I was thinking that I could possibly make a meal for that, but then I needed to add in drinks and snacks too.

Thanks to everyone who responded.

xx

gigglinggoblin
21-06-2009, 12:41 PM
I have been putting down £1.50 for sandwich lunch and 50p for each snack, I thought it was quite a bit but when I started working out the individual components it averages out about right. Although I have not yet had to do a tax return so if it sounds wrong to anyone I would be grateful if you could let me know!

sarah707
21-06-2009, 12:49 PM
If anything gg your figures sound a bit on the low side.

If you can justify what you have spent, then put the cost through.

At the moment, for example, our farm chickens are between £7 and £9 each and for some mealtimes we feed up to 7 children and need 2... that's a high food bill!

Go to Tesco online and put your childminding shopping basket through... that will give you more of an idea to start with of how you are pitching your costs. Then factor in the extras you buy every week like bread and milk... then think about the organic fruit and veg if you buy it from the farm, the farm meat etc...

Hth :D