PDA

View Full Version : which laptop?

sweets
20-06-2009, 07:08 PM
I am thinking of buying a laptop as my computer is old and slow and a laptop would be great as i could do things on it with the littlies. Computer at mo is upstairs, and akward for them to sit at.
i don't really know what i'm buying as i'm not very technical!
Has anyone bought one recently thats been good and that they would reccomend? i can only spend up to about £350.

Lady Haha
20-06-2009, 07:47 PM
I got my laptop free with my phone, so it's not a high tech expensive one! I think they sell for about 250.00, so cheaper end of the market ones. Anyway, I love it! I have all my photos on here, all my childminding paperwork stuff etc etc! It's fast and everything else you need! My desk top pc sits gathering dust now! I don't go downloading tons of music, so not sure if it could take that, but if it's mainly for work you want, then I would go for the cheapest!

geordiebunny
20-06-2009, 07:56 PM
I got mine free aswell with my phone it's a dell vostro 1000 retails for £199 last time i checked is great for me do everything the memory isn't that big as i do alot of downloading but once i have transferred stuff to disc i just delete it. I also have my pc. It's great and battery lasts for about an hour but that doesn;t bother me as I have it plugged in. I have not had any problems with it and it's about 12 months old now. Hubby keeps nicking it so am going to get him one when I fully start minding. My dad has a sony vaio and that is brill aswell if you can afford one. good luck let me know how you get on and what you get.

LOOPYLISA
20-06-2009, 08:14 PM
Me and hubby both have a sony vaio pretty good, not had any probs, they are on the expensive side though :thumbsup:

sarah707
20-06-2009, 08:23 PM
Dp says this is the minimum spec you should be looking for :huh:

• 3 gb RAM memory
• 2 ghz processor speed min
• 320 GB hard drive min
• DVD RW
• USB – 6
• graphics card 384mb RAM min

He also says to test them out first because with some laptops you can't type comfortably without hitting the mouse pad at the bottom of the keyboard.

Also don't go for the really small keyboard layout or you will be more likely to give yourself RSI - your fingers need room to move freely between the keys :D

sweets
20-06-2009, 08:33 PM
brill thanks, the one i looked at had 4gb so should be ok i think. I want to get a decent one as i don't want to have desktop as well. Can't wait to get rid of the thing! takes up so much space.:)