PDA

View Full Version : boys bits!

sweets
20-06-2009, 03:11 PM
I looked after my friends 1 year old the other day while mum went to an appointment i didn't have him a mindee just as a favour(wasn't paid), only had him for an hour.
Well i went to change his nappy and 23month old mindee wanted to help! she lives with her single mum and 2 sisters. When i took his nappy off she was very interested and said 'whats that'!lol. I said it was his winky, didn't know what else to say.
When her mum came she told her we had looked after ? and told mum he had a winky, mum replied actually darling its a P...s (proper word), mum explained to me in a nice way that she would rather her daughter learnt proper words for body parts.
I'm sorry but to me it doesn't sound right when a child says it! sounds rude
What do you think? am i being a prude?

Curly Quavers
20-06-2009, 03:34 PM
No not atoll I would be horrified if my little girls knew that word so young.

Daftbat
20-06-2009, 03:37 PM
I don't see a problem with calling it a penis. Afterall we call all the other body parts by their proper name.

sarah707
20-06-2009, 03:49 PM
I do know where you are coming from but it does save problems later on.

I once had a 3 year girl crying telling me her twinkle was sore and I didn't have a clue what she was on about until I remembered she'd just been to the loo! :o

venus89
20-06-2009, 04:02 PM
We call it a 'willy' but I wouldn't have a problem with them calling it a penis. I have a nearly three year old mindee who's been talked to in baby language all her life and I'm desparately tring to teach her english before she starts preschool in January. If you teach them one word then they have to learn another it's twice the work for them.....

She is also fascinated witht he nappy changing of other kids. Goodness knows why.....

sweets
20-06-2009, 04:04 PM
I don't have a problem older children calling it a penis but it just didn't sound right when a child not yet 2 said it! lol.

venus89
20-06-2009, 04:07 PM
I don't have a problem older children calling it a penis but it just didn't sound right when a child not yet 2 said it! lol.

Lol - oh, I do totally understand. My husband thought I was very prudish when we got together and I talked about a 'penis' - I found sit very hard to get to grips with the term 'willy'

venus89
20-06-2009, 04:08 PM
Lol - oh, I do totally understand. My husband thought I was very prudish when we got together and I talked about a 'penis' - I found sit very hard to get to grips with the term 'willy'

Even without the typo that's an awful sentence :blush: - apologies!

sweets
20-06-2009, 04:10 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Adiamond
20-06-2009, 04:20 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: x x x

Pudding Girl
20-06-2009, 04:25 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I wouldn't have a problem with that at all I have to say, it's just the name for it ( granted not a pretty one!) same as an arm is an arm etc.

Pauline
20-06-2009, 04:59 PM
Even without the typo that's an awful sentence :blush: - apologies!

I can't stop laughing!! :laughing::laughing:

RachelE
20-06-2009, 05:15 PM
I do like children to use proper words- I hate baa lamb, doggy, horsey, ducky etc - BUT, for body parts, I am a prude! :blush:

Even when talking to dh I say 'down below'! I dont know why, I just cant say the body parts!
I call boys parts 'willys' and girls - either bottom or front bottom! - I know its terrible and dh goes mad when I say front bottom!

We are all differnet and I think its a sensitive issue. I think if you dont want to say Penis, then parents need to respect that.

venus89
20-06-2009, 05:20 PM
We are all differnet and I think its a sensitive issue. I think if you dont want to say Penis, then parents need to respect that.

I quite agree, but on the flip side of the coin we have to respect the parent who doesn't want it called a winky......

Which leads to the problem of what to say when the little one asks 'what's that?'.......

Saranotts
20-06-2009, 05:37 PM
I must say I don't mind boys bits being called different things and my son even used to call his testicles "his peanuts" but we have also always been quite open to using the correct terms. However, I hate some of the words people use for girls bits, tuppance and plum are just awful. We have always called it a bottom and then when our daughter was able to see there was a difference we explained that it was called a vagina and although it has caused me a few wincing moments when she has used it I do think it is better.

Sara

sweets
20-06-2009, 05:45 PM
i'm hoping the little one won't have to say it again as it was just a one off looking after this baby boy! but you never know now she has learnt a new word she will prob say it all the time at inappropriate moements! lol.
She was interested as never seen one before living with just girls, but its the way mum said 'actually darling its a penis' in a very posh voice that made me cringe:)

PixiePetal
20-06-2009, 05:49 PM
My DS used to call his 'tackle' (DH word:laughing: ) his 'bits and bobs'. He knew as he got older that there were other words that people call them.

Can't even remember when we mentioned the correct words for body parts they just naturally changed as the kids got older.

Generally I use the word willy and ask the parents what they call it at collection if the word has come up - so to speak! :laughing:

madasahatter
20-06-2009, 07:12 PM
I think learning different words for private body parts is all part and parcel of growing up. I think many people use words like willy, tuppence, etc, probably because it sounds far too grown up for a preschooler to be using the words penis and vagina, as they seem (to me) to have a more sexual meaning IYSWIM.
As pixipetal says the words change as the children get older.

little chickee
20-06-2009, 07:37 PM
when my sister was pregnant she slid down a climbing frame and hurt her "girl bits" quite badly and was taken into hospital as a precaution - she was settled in a bed on a ward of about 12 people when the ward sister marched in and asked in a v loud voice " where is the girl with the bruised frou-frou?":laughing:

My sister was mortified and didnt admit it was her - everyone was looking at each other v interested to know how someone had bruised their frou-frou!!

georgie456
20-06-2009, 07:54 PM
We just call it a willy!

When I first started minding a boy, my dd saw his bits when I was changing him (she was 2 and a half then) and she shouted out "mummy look, B's got a tail!!!!" :laughing:

After I'd managed to get a straight face, I told her then what it was and it's proper name, but "willy" has just stuck. And her's are simply called "bits" - I thought every other name was just so awful!

Spangles
20-06-2009, 08:05 PM
I know what you mean.

We say 'dinkle' to my little boy, I would feel weird saying 'penis', it seems too technical and grown up but then I understand where the parent is coming from too.

Chell
20-06-2009, 08:13 PM
I think learning different words for private body parts is all part and parcel of growing up. I think many people use words like willy, tuppence, etc, probably because it sounds far too grown up for a preschooler to be using the words penis and vagina, as they seem (to me) to have a more sexual meaning IYSWIM.
As pixipetal says the words change as the children get older.

I agree, I think it is important that by school age they know the correct words too otherwise there is the risk of them looking silly.

Girls have a flower in this house, boys have winky. I don't like to hear a small child say willy, I think that sounds too 'old'. DS and DD know that they are just names for their private parts but not the proper word IYSWIM.

I feel the same about the words for passing wind. I hate to hear a small child say fart, I think pump is a nicer child-like word. My little cousins used to say trumped, that isn't a word often used in this area.

grindal
20-06-2009, 08:39 PM
All these words are making me laugh (am very immature :blush: ). DS1 and 2 have a "Wiggle" and they parp :laughing: :laughing:

sophiestars
20-06-2009, 08:51 PM
where is the girl with the bruised frou-frou?":laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

oh my goodness that is so funny. I can't stop laughing at this thread but what was your sister doing up a climbing frame when preggers anyway?!!!:eek:

Luckily I only have 2 boys and they both have willies or occassionally willie wonkas :laughing: . I have girl mindees but have yet to address the issue of a name for their bits. When I was little it was front bottom lol!! But don't know what I would say now. I think i would just call it bottom unless they came out with their own word and then use that.

As far as the original parent goes I think you have to go along with what they want even if you don't agree after all it's their child. Personally I agree that penis and vagina sound a bit grown up but you can't really go against their wishes if that's what they want.

sweets
20-06-2009, 09:26 PM
:laughing: :laughing: This whole thread is making me laugh now! what did i start?lol
All these different words coming out, think we should call them all girl bottoms and boy bottoms!:laughing: :laughing:

PixiePetal
20-06-2009, 09:30 PM

I keep coming back to see if anyone has added any more funny stories!

My sister called hers a ninny when she was young. :laughing:

sophiestars
20-06-2009, 09:37 PM
[QUOTE][Girls have a flower in this house/QUOTE]

What happens when you ask them if they want to help to water the flowers outside?:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

sweets
20-06-2009, 09:39 PM
I use the word ninny for someone who is being a bit silly! i won't be able to now though! lol

gegele
20-06-2009, 09:43 PM
in our house girls have noonies and boys doodies ! lol :laughing: :laughing:
my daughter came up with doodie when she realised daddy didn't have a noonie!!! i can still see her in the bathroom pointing at my embarrassed husband "MUMMY .....LOOOKKKK daddy hasn't got a noonie!! it's a ...... (as we both look shell shock and unable to give her an answer, she look at it and went ) DOODY!!!

bless her

for the info in france we tend to refer to noonies as "lune" which is "moon" in english
:laughing: :laughing: what a bit of culture!!:laughing: :laughing:

Chell
20-06-2009, 10:13 PM
I've heard my DH call them 'Mr Pinky'. :laughing: I probably really shouldn't have posted that, he would kill me.

ORKSIE
20-06-2009, 10:19 PM
I have read this thread and LOL:D
I use names like Bits And Bobs, Willy and girlie bits LOL

kindredspirits
20-06-2009, 10:55 PM
pmsl, my dh won't even let me say 'poo' to george - he wants him to say he needs a toilet - but he knows a toilet is the toilet bowl so i think poo is much easier when it comes to potty training. :rolleyes:

Cazz
20-06-2009, 11:03 PM
I do like children to use proper words- I hate baa lamb, doggy, horsey, ducky etc - BUT, for body parts, I am a prude! :blush:

I have to agree! I've never used "baby words" with any of my own children and my youngest who is 18 mths is very advanced with her speech and talking in sentences. However, it wouldn't seem right to hear her say penis - fortunately we haven't had to face that yet as she's so young. :laughing:

My older two are 11 and have started having sex education lessons so they know the proper words and I don't have a problem with them using them - although boys bits are still referred to as a "willy" as they've always been. Dd has always referred to her "privates".

A friend of mine has a 3 yr old daughter and they call it her "lady garden". I've never heard that one before!

Carole x

balloon
21-06-2009, 06:38 AM
My oldest four boys all had 'willies' but found it acutely embarrassing when they had to use the term penis at school/docs etc. The younger two have been raised with the correct terminology and think nothing of it. TBH I was a bit embarrassed saying penis at first but it's really just what you're used to...

After 6 sons I'm not quite so comfy about the correct terminology for girlie bits though...:blush: (I just call em girly bits if I have to refer to them to parents etc [that is their daughter's girly bits not my own!!!] , lol!)

My boy mindees have willies, except one who has a zizi (not sure of the spelling of that, LO is French)...

misst104
21-06-2009, 07:04 AM
I've heard my DH call them 'Mr Pinky'. :laughing: I probably really shouldn't have posted that, he would kill me.

My DS1 calls his 'my twinkly' but does use the word testicles, and occasionally 'balls' which I think is awful (thanks DP!!).

He had been wondering when my Twinkly fell off!!!!! That was a tricky conversation let me tell you! :D

xxx jo

Pauline
21-06-2009, 08:47 AM
I use the word ninny for someone who is being a bit silly! i won't be able to now though! lol

So do we! :laughing:

Pauline
21-06-2009, 08:51 AM
Back on a serious note! ;)

I have a section on my child information sheets that parents fill in, please mention any special words your child has e.g. for their comforter, dummy, going to the toilet etc.

it would be worth adding for their body parts!! :)

sweets
21-06-2009, 08:52 AM
[A friend of mine has a 3 yr old daughter and they call it her "lady garden". I've never heard that one before!

Carole x[/QUOTE]

That is a strange one! lol:laughing:

gegele
21-06-2009, 09:04 AM
i work with elderly people as a home carer in the evening. one of my ladies told me her mother in law asked her if she needed to "shake the dew off her lily" afetr a long car journey!!!!! now how poetic is this compare to our " need the loo love??":laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

oh and zizi is the write spelling ah ah ah ah :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

cabby
21-06-2009, 09:24 AM
we called my ds bits his " dinky doo "...lol!!

i first started minding one little girl when she was 2 she had just finished on the potty when she asked for some tissue to wipe her " fanny " :panic: it just sounded so wrong!!! i can cope with it being called anything else.......but not that.x

sweets
21-06-2009, 09:28 AM
we called my ds bits his " dinky doo "...lol!!

i first started minding one little girl when she was 2 she had just finished on the potty when she asked for some tissue to wipe her " fanny " :panic: it just sounded so wrong!!! i can cope with it being called anything else.......but not that.x

Thats terrible! :eek:

Saranotts
21-06-2009, 11:33 AM
I took some of my mindees to a play centre and a little boy came up to us and was saying willum, so I said "oh is that your name" and he said "no, my dad has a willum and my mummy has boobies" to which the little boy I had with me replied excitedly "I've got a willum but she hasn't" shaking his head towards the little girl who was with us.

Also when I went to collect my son once from his CM, the daughter came running out saying that Sam had said the F word, I was mortally embarrassed and couldn't understand where he had got it from, until she explained that he had said fart and that it was a swear word in their house. I personally like the term "shooting bunnies" always makes me smile.

Sara

ORKSIE
21-06-2009, 12:51 PM
i work with elderly people as a home carer in the evening. one of my ladies told me her mother in law asked her if she needed to "shake the dew off her lily" afetr a long car journey!!!!! now how poetic is this compare to our " need the loo love??":laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:Love It:ROFL1: :ROFL1:
I am loving this thread please dont stop, i have actually cried laffin at this:laughing: :laughing:

cabby
21-06-2009, 12:55 PM
we dont fart in our house

we do "windy pops ":ROFL1:

ORKSIE
21-06-2009, 04:20 PM
we dont fart in our house

we do "windy pops ":ROFL1:

We do "pop Offs":laughing: :laughing:

Allie
21-06-2009, 04:27 PM
I don't mind what word is used as long as I know what the child uses. A friend's new minded child wet himself because she didn't realise 'pointing percy' meant going for a wee until to late.

Allie

sweets
21-06-2009, 04:28 PM
We do trumps but i know someone who calls them trafs (fart backwards) lol

ORKSIE
21-06-2009, 04:30 PM
"trafs" :laughing: :laughing:

Jen4Kids
21-06-2009, 04:36 PM
:laughing: This thread is great

In our house, the girls have bums and bits, and the boys have winkles and we all trump :laughing:

My bro has taught his son (age 4) to call his winkle a todger which i personally hate :eek:

Oh and all my kids say 'i need A toilet' which crazes me, i wish they would say 'i need THE toilet' instead

ORKSIE
21-06-2009, 04:41 PM
They all say "A toilet" dont they:laughing:

manjay
21-06-2009, 05:38 PM
This thread is cracking me up:D

My older girls thought it was funny to teach my 3 year old ds about moobs!! He now is asking all men if they have them:rolleyes:

CCJD
21-06-2009, 07:47 PM
Girls in my house have "tinkles" and boys have "willys" - I find naming girl bits much harder than boys - the real word vagina is just so gross - I dont like using it and I'm a grown up!!!!!!!

I did have to talk to a mindees mum the other day about deciding on what she wanted to call her little girls bits - only beucase she had a couple of urine infections and was saying that her bottom was stinging. Her mum didnt twig that as they used the word bottom for everything down that actually her wee was stinging her. So she adopted "tinkle" too just so that her daughter could convey the difference.

venus89
21-06-2009, 07:48 PM
A friend of mine has a 3 yr old daughter and they call it her "lady garden". I've never heard that one before!

:eek: A 'lady garden' is normally female pubic hair...... I imagine it's related to the term 'bush'......

FizzysFriends
21-06-2009, 07:59 PM
I don't mind what word is used as long as I know what the child uses. A friend's new minded child wet himself because she didn't realise 'pointing percy' meant going for a wee until to late.

Allie

DD calls boy bits Willy wombat and girls bits front bottom and we sputnik in this house.

Cazz
22-06-2009, 12:25 AM
We do "pop Offs":laughing: :laughing:

We do "blow offs"!!

Well not me of course - I'm a laaydee!! :laughing: :laughing:

Carole x

Cazz
22-06-2009, 12:27 AM

That's so funny I'm almost crying!!

Carole x

John
22-06-2009, 12:41 AM
I don't see a problem with calling it a penis. Afterall we call all the other body parts by their proper name.

That is the name is it? penis, why are we still shy about taking about this sort of thing? Would you call a breasts a hills, all boys have them. I grow up learning all the proper terms for my parts, leggs, arms, head, penis a word for one of your parts.

John.

Blaze
22-06-2009, 04:45 AM
I'm actually all for proper words...just think they sound awful when coming out of LO's mouths!:rolleyes:

In our house my ds uses twinkle...not sure how that came about...think it was from the saying...if you sprinkle when you tinkle...originally it was his dinky...but it's not dinky (sorry TMI)! My ds uses front bottom (she picked that up form another child)...All the children in my care generally are aware of the correct name, but that also everyone tends to have their own names for their biits as well.

When I was little, girls bits were susupusu ...can't remember what boys bits were! Poo = kaka & Wee = susu. Doodoos were boobs, but the same word was used for the big black bugs you get in flowers too!!!!...that's what happens when you live in a multicultural household!!!! :laughing:

angeldelight
22-06-2009, 06:31 AM
We do trumps but i know someone who calls them trafs (fart backwards) lol

The kids I have all say " bottie burps "

I am a lady and say " passed wind "

:laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

singlewiththree
22-06-2009, 06:39 AM
I'm a bit prude too and call my girls bits their front bottom. However, when I reply to whats that I usually say it is called a .... (proper name) and then say but lots of people call it different things such as (then give a couple ) so its up to the child what they pick out to call it, obviously at such a young age thats a bit difficult.

My daughter came home from school with lot of new names for it!

little chickee
22-06-2009, 08:19 AM
Oh this thread is so what you need on a Monday morning - have just had to resist saying choo -choo train to my mindee.

i was away camping with a bunch of cubs recently and was sharing a tent with another leader and her dd who is 7 and my ds who is 6 - we had tucked them up at night then gone round the camp fire to sing ging-gang goolie or something and the next morning my ds informs me that girls dont have winkies and that "girls bits" are called twinkles - i dread to think what went on in that tent!!

kingdom
22-06-2009, 08:20 AM
we do plum plums in our house, older mindees laugh for hours if I say that.:laughing:

flora
22-06-2009, 08:24 AM
In this house we trump if we are little the older ones fart :laughing:

Girlls have minnies and boys have willies.

I bought a lovely doll the other day and it happens to be anatomically correct.

H is intrigued as it has a willy.

When I asked her what she wanted to call it she said biily and now she runs round the house shouting that her doll is called Billy with a willy :blush:

angeldelight
22-06-2009, 08:26 AM
When I asked her what she wanted to call it she said biily and now she runs round the house shouting that her doll is called Billy with a willy :blush:

Angel xx

sparkibobs
22-06-2009, 08:45 AM
My 2 yr old son calls his 'winkle'. My teenage daughters used to call theirs 'gina', shortened from the full word, but quite funny as my eldest is called Georgina!!:D
I wouldn't have a problem with any child using the correct terminology.
I know what you mean though, it does sound a little harsh.
Think it's the cute factor when they give it a nickname or shorten it.
My little boy says huggle for cuddle, even though he can say cuddle.
x

charleyfarley
22-06-2009, 09:11 AM
What a great thread to make you laugh :thumbsup:

Boys here have widgets and girls have bits.

We, well not me of course, trumpet in our house :D

Carol xx

Pudding Girl
22-06-2009, 09:19 AM
For breaking wind we use

toot!

Who tooted?!

Which works well aside from when we go to a certain P&T group where the old dears sing the horn on the bus goes toot toot toot and the mindees look at me all :eek: :blush: :laughing:

ORKSIE
22-06-2009, 09:22 AM
ging-gang goolie or something and the next morning my ds informs me that girls dont have winkies and that "girls bits" are called twinkles - i dread to think what went on in that tent!!When i was at school goolies were boys bits:)

mandy moo
22-06-2009, 09:36 AM
What a great thread, i have two boys, we call 'it' a willy, simply coz it sounds nicer that penis, I dont have a problem calling things by their real name tho.

Girls bits, well what to call them, dont like bottom coz thats what you sit on!!
not happy with vagina as has beensaid sounds too old for LO's, altho I like 'gina.
My eldest is haveing his 1st sex ed class soon, so I dare say well get some question then:laughing: :laughing:
and 'has some one popped':laughing: is wot we say in this house..

Pauline
22-06-2009, 11:54 AM
My little boy says huggle for cuddle, even though he can say cuddle.
x

I often say that, it is a cross between a hug and a cuddle :)

sweets
22-06-2009, 08:53 PM
This thread is turning out to be very funny! but i :laughing: think the best has got to be the old lady shaking the dew off her lily! lol

ORKSIE
22-06-2009, 08:57 PM
This thread is turning out to be very funny! but i :laughing: think the best has got to be the old lady shaking the dew off her lily! lol

So far I have to agree:laughing:

LOOPYLISA
22-06-2009, 09:04 PM
My stepson calls 'wind' a wizz popper :rolleyes: :laughing:

My dainty dd calls it a 'fart' :thumbsup: so ladylike :D

ORKSIE
22-06-2009, 09:07 PM
My stepson calls 'wind' a wizz popper :rolleyes: :laughing:

My dainty dd calls it a 'fart' :thumbsup: so ladylike :D

Whizz Pop was from "The BFG"?

Polly2
23-06-2009, 07:41 AM
This thread is hilarious :laughing: :laughing:

When my daughter was small my hubs used to refer to my boobs as tits (rude I know) but didn't realise how much little ears pick up!

We went to visit his elderly grandmother one day and my daughter pointed to my boobs and said "tits" very loudly and clearly!! she didn't know many words and we were shocked :laughing:

His gran said "what did she just say"

and I said "oh she wants to go to the shop and buy some chips" :laughing:

Good job granny is a bit deaf!

Oh and we do "fluffs" in this house :blush:

cabby
23-06-2009, 03:16 PM
:ROFL1: my little 2 year old mindee has just walked past me all sweaty, so i called her a "sweaty betty"
my friend who is sitting reading this thread has nearly choked on her coffee
because she calls her bits her........BETTY, :ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

ORKSIE
23-06-2009, 06:39 PM
This thread is hilarious :laughing: :laughing:

Oh and we do "fluffs" in this house :blush:
My Mum always refers to farts as Fluffs:D

sophiestars
23-06-2009, 08:06 PM
The children 'pop off' in my house as in 'has he filled his nappy or is he just popping off' !! or bottom burps.

When I was little my Dad used to call them freeps as in 'who's freeped?' !!:laughing:

FizzysFriends
23-06-2009, 08:21 PM
:ROFL1: my little 2 year old mindee has just walked past me all sweaty, so i called her a "sweaty betty"
my friend who is sitting reading this thread has nearly choked on her coffee
because she calls her bits her........BETTY, :ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

sweaty betty in this house is what your front bottom gets on a hot day :laughing:

TheBTeam
23-06-2009, 08:57 PM
sweaty betty in this house is what your front bottom gets on a hot day :laughing:

You must live in my house! :laughing: My friends son used to talk of girls having a 'china'.

I dont like baby speak, but also not sure of a 2 year old using the word p***s out loud, it is one thing knowing it, but I am not sure how the rest of the world would perceive a child using it in the street so young.

My daughter when she was about 4 used to say I need to urinate and that sounded odd:panic: