PDA

View Full Version : Cheap 8ft Trampoline if interested!!!!

Lady Haha
20-06-2009, 10:57 AM
Additions Direct are having a half price trampoline sale and if you don't already have an account with them, you can get 30.00 discount for first order using code ZG754 at checkout. Takes the price of an 8ft trampoline AND enclosure down to a cool 56.15 inc delivery!

I know there are debates about the safety of these trampolines, but I couldn't resist at that price especially with summer hols coming up!

georgie456
20-06-2009, 11:47 AM
That is an absolute bargain!!!! I think I mat be doing some online shopping today :D

HENNY
20-06-2009, 11:55 AM
Thanks we are looking for a trampoline for my daughter-will have a look:)

jibberjitz
20-06-2009, 12:06 PM
Sounds like a bargain :thumbsup:

Daftbat
20-06-2009, 03:39 PM
Would be lovely but my garden just isn't big enough for a trampoline:(

Mouse
20-06-2009, 03:55 PM
How big is an 8ft trampoline? (yes, I know, 8ft! :rolleyes: )

I mean, is it big enough for teenagers, more suitable for younger children etc.

Pudding Girl
20-06-2009, 04:18 PM
V tempted but haven't got the room for much more than a wee kiddies one :(

Lady Haha
20-06-2009, 07:16 PM

Well, it is the smaller end of the 'big' trampolines, but there are bigger ones on there too, 12 ft and 14 ft, also in half price sale and can use the same code. I am only just gonna fit the 8ft one in so that it doesn't touch the path, otherwise I'd have gone for the 14ft!!!

RachelE
20-06-2009, 07:31 PM
The only safety issue is - if you dont use a net!

My dd fratcured her arm on one 3 weeks ago - it has a net and she just slipped getting off it. I have got so annoyed with people saying "oooh, they're dangerous arent they" -erm, no! :panic:
I have a mindee who has a 'getting on and off patio chairs' habit - and they're not considered dangerous are they?! Aso my dd climbs on ds's high sleeper daily and thats higher than the trampoline! We also let some children climb trees!
Ok, soapbox I'm getting off!

I'd say go for it! - risk assess it and enjoy! :D

Chell
20-06-2009, 07:46 PM
You are a super star! :laughing:

My parents are moving to a village so their 14 year old foster son won't be as close to his school friends. He has been promised a trampoline for the garden.

I went through Quidco and got 8% cash back too. :thumbsup:

Chatterbox Childcare
21-06-2009, 09:01 AM

It has an enclosure and should be used for 1 person at a time. my teenager loves it and the little ones go in too.

Hebs
21-06-2009, 09:22 AM
we have a 13ft one and it's too big for our garden, so its at my mums

kids don't bother with them too much now :(

Pudding Girl
21-06-2009, 04:46 PM
V tempted but haven't got the room for much more than a wee kiddies one :(

My hubby will be wanting words with you, I measured the garden and we can just fit it in with a bit of rejigging ;)

Thank you so much, it's ordered now, enclosure will be arriving a week before the actual trampoline though doh!! :laughing:

HENNY
21-06-2009, 05:36 PM
We've ordered one as well my daughter is really excited!:jump for joy:

Lady Haha
21-06-2009, 09:36 PM
My hubby will be wanting words with you, I measured the garden and we can just fit it in with a bit of rejigging ;)

Thank you so much, it's ordered now, enclosure will be arriving a week before the actual trampoline though doh!! :laughing:

Ah, thats the beauty of being a scummy ole single parent like me!!! Nobody to have to compromise with! I also have the small kiddy one at the mo and I was out in the garden with the tape measure before I ordered the 8footer, thinking, mmmm, it's too big really, gonna be slightly on the path, but....gonna get it anyway!:thumbsup:

And my enclosure is coming a week before the trampoline too :laughing:

Just as well, the temptation to have a bounce on the 'naked' trampoline would have been too much to bear if the trampoline came first!

So, in a couple of weeks time, we'll all be bouncing about happily!

Pudding Girl
22-06-2009, 06:45 AM
And my enclosure is coming a week before the trampoline too :laughing:

Just as well, the temptation to have a bounce on the 'naked' trampoline would have been too much to bear if the trampoline came first!

So, in a couple of weeks time, we'll all be bouncing about happily!

ha that's exactly what I said too lol!!

mandy moo
22-06-2009, 09:40 AM
we have a 13ft one and it's too big for our garden, so its at my mums

kids don't bother with them too much now :(

Know that one ours was a 12ft one, my kids are 7 &10 they didnt hardly use it last year so hubbie took it down and decided to build a summerhouse in stead!!!!!
You watch summer hols coming and theyll want it back up:(

Chell
23-06-2009, 08:35 PM
The enclosure I ordered for my parents arrived today, the trampoline is to follow.

Pudding Girl
30-06-2009, 05:07 PM
Got home to find mine on the doorstep :)

Any tips on how to get them up? Are they easy to do?? Am I going to sweat and swear a lot???

Lady Haha
30-06-2009, 06:08 PM
hehe, George! I got half way through mine!!! I got the base set up on my own and then starting attaching the mat. I got six springs done, but I can't do anymore!!! It's too hard!!! Need a man! My next door neighbour has kindly offered to do it for me. He said today, but so far, he hasn't been! Kids are going crazy cos there is a half built trampoline in the garden that is strictly out of bounds!

Pudding Girl
30-06-2009, 06:23 PM
Is there not a little widget int he pack for the springs? I just watched a tutorial on you tube with a v nice aussie bloke on it showing step by step ( he had a 15fter though ;))

Hoping to get hubby to come and help me sort it out in a bit then kids can play on it tomorrow :D

Pudding Girl
30-06-2009, 09:52 PM
It's up :)

Did you manage to sort yours out? We had to redo ours a bit though as I had watched a TUTORIAL ON yOUTUBE AND THEY THREADED THE MAT ON DIFFERENTLY oops sorry - and got so far and couldn't do it, then read the leaflet lol! so had to undo them all and do it properly :rolleyes:

Anyway, I am VERY pleased with my £56 bargain so thank you once again :)

The kids will love it!

Oh by the way I checked on the laminated instruction things and it doesnt say anything about a lower age limit :thumbsup: thought they were very handy thing to have the rules like that ready to pin on

huggableshelly
01-07-2009, 06:32 AM
I think I'm getting rid of mine now I've had it 2 years and none of the children bother with it anymore.

Lady Haha
01-07-2009, 01:30 PM
George! I'm so jealous yours is up!!! Mine is still half built and the very 'helpful' neighbour who was gonna help me with it yesterday never turned up:(

Which means, I have to ring ex hubby for help, something I absolutely detest doing!!!!

At least I read the instructions and have so far been putting the springs in the right order! But even with the the little tool, I can't do any more than the six Ive done:(

Pudding Girl
01-07-2009, 04:16 PM
I put my foot on the thing for leverage and that helped.

Lady Haha
02-07-2009, 11:41 AM
Yay! It's up! The man next door popped in this morning and did the springs for me! I have just put the enclosure up in the midday heat, cos I was determined to have it finished in time for pick up time! I've already had a bounce on it, it's great!

Trouble is, rain is forecast for later:(

Pudding Girl
02-07-2009, 11:43 AM
woohooo!

A little rainy bounce might be quite nice though, cool off a bit :D HUbby and I got caught in a thunderstorm last night and I only had a wee vest on, and oh my the feeling of the cool rain on my bare shoulder,s well it was almost orgasmic LOL!

Daddy Day Care
02-07-2009, 03:36 PM
woohooo!

A little rainy bounce might be quite nice though, cool off a bit :D HUbby and I got caught in a thunderstorm last night and I only had a wee vest on, and oh my the feeling of the cool rain on my bare shoulder,s well it was almost orgasmic LOL!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Jen4Kids
05-07-2009, 09:44 PM
I saw this thread last week and tried to order one, but ive already got an account so i was going to be £120ish to get it delivered (for the 10ft)

We were at the Range on saturday and they had a 10ft with enclosure reduced to £100 so we got one :clapping: :clapping:

The lady at the shop advised us to put the springs on like a clock ie, the first one at 12o'clock, then count round half way and put on 6o'clock, then 3o'clock and 9o'clock, then half way between each one, then half way again untill they are all done - ours had 56 springs and took ages it seems :laughing:

We have all had great fun on it saturday afternoon and today, the kids were out at 8am bouncing away :laughing: