PDA

View Full Version : do you let your mindees take bead activities home?

newandlearning
19-06-2009, 08:55 PM
hi ladies.. just a lil question.. I was just wondering am I being tight in
feeling apprehensive about my mindees taking home any bead activities..
ie if they make a bracelet or necklace.. its just I can see myself out a beads
in a blink of an eye.. what do you guys do?

just wondering... :)

sonia ann
19-06-2009, 09:08 PM
i have a big bucket of beads from hobbycraft....it seems to last forever and yes i do let them take them home....any that aren't are kept for a while before going back in the bucket.....keep an eye out for bargain kits in pound stores etc they don't have to be expensive

i know how you feel though i have the same problem with pompoms:panic:

ORKSIE
19-06-2009, 09:13 PM
You dont need just beads, how bout penne pasta, straws cut up:thumbsup:

miss mopple
19-06-2009, 09:18 PM
They make it, they take it home :)

If I have to replace beads then thats all part of running a childcare business as far as I am concerned. Its not an expense that would concern me.

newandlearning
19-06-2009, 09:25 PM
hmm.. well.. I bought my first lot of beads from the Entertainer Toy Shop something like 40 for £5.00 which I'm now wishing I hadnt bothered.. as you
can imagine they would get sucked up in no time.. I'm gonna investigate cheaper beads.. has anyone got any places they love buyin from.. the Poundshop is a trip into town for me.. with parking etc etc.. will google hobbycraft near me.x

sonia ann
19-06-2009, 09:31 PM
hmm.. well.. I bought my first lot of beads from the Entertainer Toy Shop something like 40 for £5.00 which I'm now wishing I hadnt bothered.. as you
can imagine they would get sucked up in no time.. I'm gonna investigate cheaper beads.. has anyone got any places they love buyin from.. the Poundshop is a trip into town for me.. with parking etc etc.. will google hobbycraft near me.x

http://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/productlist.asp?a=resetsearch&CatID=202&BCat=2,196,197,196,202&rootcatid=2

big packs of beads here....is there one near you

newandlearning
19-06-2009, 09:38 PM
wow.. that is a lot of beads and for great prices.. I think I'll incorporate a trip to a Hobbycraft along with a trip out for the day .. I would have never thought of Hobbycraft .. thanks for tip.xx

sonia ann
19-06-2009, 09:41 PM
wow.. that is a lot of beads and for great prices.. I think I'll incorporate a trip to a Hobbycraft along with a trip out for the day .. I would have never thought of Hobbycraft .. thanks for tip.xx

i couldn't find the bargain bucket i had on there but they have far more in the stores than on the website....will you have to go far?

youarewhatyoueat
19-06-2009, 09:42 PM
try amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creativo-600-Pink-Bead-Set/dp/B000V5F27A/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=toys&qid=1245447622&sr=8-5

Chell
19-06-2009, 09:45 PM
You dont need just beads, how bout penne pasta, straws cut up:thumbsup:

I was given a Mothers Day necklace made from those neon pink, green and orange straws that Wilkinsons sell. They would be dirt cheap to use instead of beads but look very effective.

sonia ann
19-06-2009, 09:46 PM
try amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creativo-600-Pink-Bead-Set/dp/B000V5F27A/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=toys&qid=1245447622&sr=8-5

wow that is good value:clapping:

kellywestie
19-06-2009, 10:53 PM
Definately! Have enough things around the house from our DS don't need anything else hanging around! And besides, the kids I look after wouldn't let me keep it, they are always eager to take them home to show Mum and Dad.

The kids I look after love Hama beads and I buy mine off e-bay. Have just gone onto e-bay and put in 'beads' and there is tons of stuff on there at what seem like very reasonable prices.

miffy
19-06-2009, 10:57 PM
They make it, they take it home :)

:thumbsup: :D

Miffy xx