PDA

View Full Version : mindee took self home

emmadines
19-06-2009, 06:46 PM
I have a 10 year old that comes for either am or pm sessions.

anyway, he had the am session this morning, His mum texted and and asked if I could have him after school to. No problem.

anyway this afternoon he takes himself off home........ heres me waiting with all the other kids at school and hes off home...

I get the receptionist to see if hes still in the school and nothing, so I took the others hoome (2 mins from school) and leave them with o/h who is also registered as my assistant. I phoned his mobile and yep hes off 2 thirds of the way home... while on the phone Im running back to school to let them know where he is.

I tell him to head back to mine...... in the end I popped out to get him while the o/h gets the friday dvd on...(allows me to get paperwork done ready for the parents)

geee what a day.... to top it off another mindees mum expected me to keep mindees suitcase with her night stuff here till monday (it was a childrens princess suitcase so not small.... it wasnt asked if I was ok with it it was a "ill pick it up on monday. in the end she took it.

Deb
19-06-2009, 06:48 PM
I've got a 10 year old that does that, I never know what to do for the best. He tends to walk home to mine whilst I take everyone else in the car,Mum is ok with that and always rings. Gee, pre teens eh?

John
19-06-2009, 08:06 PM
I have a 10 year old that walks from school to my home and another 11 year old gets a taxi and meets his mum in town after work. As long you have witten Permission from parent's your ok. I've done this since started childminding 3 years ago and on my ofsted visit i told them and was ok with it. As the 10 and 11 year old does this when not with me walk home or taxi, as long mum knows there child goes straght to the childminder or meet mum. At that age the child wants to walk with mates and have independece that's one of the things we are learning them and a childminder is home from home?

John.