PDA

View Full Version : Retainer??? how much should I charge??

Adiamond
19-06-2009, 08:37 AM
Morning all, I have a an enquiry to look after a 3yr old and a 2yr old(siblings) from September and I think I should charge a retainer (if she wants me of course!) but I am not sure how much to charge her :panic: :panic:

Any advice from u experts out there will be most welcome :) :)

I am sure I will be back very soon with loads and loads more questions :laughing:

Thank you x x x

Mouse
19-06-2009, 09:29 AM
I never charge a retainer, but I would charge a week's deposit to keep the place open. This goes towards paying the first month's bill, but is non-refundable if they don't come to you for any reason.

Chatterbox Childcare
19-06-2009, 09:29 AM
Personally I don't take retainers but non refundable deposits.

Retainers are usually charge at 30-50% of the weekly cost per week

sweets
19-06-2009, 09:57 AM
Ive just been in the same position, i charged a months fee as a deposit whic is non refundable if the place isn't taken up and used as 1st months fees if it is, i think retainers would people off.

MissTinkerbell
19-06-2009, 10:39 AM
I don't charge a retainer either. I ask for a deposit of 2 weeks fees on sgning a contract making clear that should they not take up the place they lose the deposit but if they do it makes up 2 weeks of the first months fees.

rickysmiths
19-06-2009, 11:13 AM
I don't charge retainers until someone has started with me. I charge a 4 weeks fees Deposit which is non returnable if they don't start. I have it paid when the contracts are signed. When the contract starts the deposit is kept until the end og the contract and used to pay the notice period.

Polka Dots
19-06-2009, 11:45 AM
I never charge a retainer, but I would charge a week's deposit to keep the place open. This goes towards paying the first month's bill, but is non-refundable if they don't come to you for any reason.

I've done the same. :thumbsup:

Star
20-06-2009, 06:28 PM
Hi, me too. I would charge non refundable deposit, in this case, not retainer, although I know a childminder who does and its half fee. I charge retainers in other instances and would be half fee.
Star:)