18-06-2009, 08:21 PM
These are gorgeous :jump for joy: Even if I do say so myself

1 cup (250g/8oz) sugar
90g (3oz) butter
2 tablespoons of golden syrup
1/3 cup (80mls/ 2 3/4 fl oz) liquid glucose
1/2 cup (90mls 3 fl oz) condensed milk
250g (8 oz) dark chocolate chopped

Grease the sides and base of a 20cm (8inch) square cake tin, then line with baking paper and grease the paper.
Combine the sugar,butter, golden syrup, liquid glucose and condensed milk in a heavy saucepan. Stir over medium heat without boiling until the butter has melted the sugar has completely dissolved.
Bring to the boil, reduce the heat slightly and boil, stirring for about 10-15 minutes or until a spoonful of mixture dropped into cold water reaches hard ball stage.
Remove from the heat then pour into the tin and leave to cool.
While the caramel is still warm, mark out 49 squares with an oiled knife. When cold cut into squares.

Line 2 trays with foil. Melt the chocolate in heatproof bowl
Using 2 forks, dip the caramels, one at a time into the melted chocolate to coat. Drain excess chocolate off and then place on the foil, leave to set.

Store in an airtight container for up to 4 weeks, that's if they last that long :laughing:

Enjoy eating them :thumbsup:

Carol xx

miffy
18-06-2009, 08:51 PM
Thanks for this Carol - I'm definitely going to give this a try!

Miffy xx

Blackhorse
18-06-2009, 08:53 PM
thanks a lot.

will try it as well...just need to find out where I can get liquid glucose from

charleyfarley
18-06-2009, 09:01 PM
thanks a lot.

will try it as well...just need to find out where I can get liquid glucose from

Tescos £1.09 :thumbsup:

Carol xx

Blackhorse
18-06-2009, 09:05 PM
that will work out perfect as I was planning to jump down to tesco's tomorrow

thanks!

angeldelight
18-06-2009, 09:07 PM
Thanks Carol

Angel xx

Blackhorse
21-06-2009, 02:13 PM
I am making them just now.....another addition to the series of things we have done to make sure daddy is having a great day!!

thanks again for the recipe...I can already tell this will not be the last time this will be made in our house...:D

breezy
21-06-2009, 03:54 PM
I'm going to try that, looks great!

charleyfarley
21-06-2009, 04:44 PM
I am making them just now.....another addition to the series of things we have done to make sure daddy is having a great day!!

thanks again for the recipe...I can already tell this will not be the last time this will be made in our house...:D

They've gone down well with everyone here so far and I have already got the ingredients in to make them again.:thumbsup:

Carol xx

sweets
21-06-2009, 04:47 PM
Ooh they sound lovely! i love toffees but i can't eat it as i usually lose a filling when i do! lol