PDA

View Full Version : Potato disaster!

sweets
18-06-2009, 02:19 PM
Weel me and my mindees has just harvested our potatoes, we had done them in a compost bag which i was told would work, we planted 5 seed potatoes months ago.
Just split the bag open and what did we find.............................

5 GREEN POTATOES! (may even be the originals)

IT did have a few tiny tiny ones that were pink!

Won't be growing those again!
Was very disappointed, will have to go out and buy some now, didn't get any with my shopping as thought we would have loads! lol

grindal
18-06-2009, 02:45 PM
Oh dear - never mind. Try again with something else. We planted some rocket seeds and pumpkins (Nat trust were giving away free seeds) and they seem to be growing quite well. My runner beans are growing too, but I have had a disaster with my crop of very easy to grow lettuces which have all "bolted" - according to my parents who know about gardening :blush:

Roseolivia
18-06-2009, 03:10 PM
I planted radishes and rabbits ate them, although can't say ate them as they took 2 nibbles out and left them(was told rabbits don't like radishes). Runner beans and carrots growing slowly, corgettes growing great (will post photos), tomatoes, chillis and pepper growing great but sweetcorn, pumpkins and beetroot don't seem to be growing. This is the first year i've grew veg so i'm pleases with what's growing especially tomatoes and corgette. Have loved growing things but they take a lot of looking after.

venus89
18-06-2009, 03:11 PM
Oh no!!
Mine are due to be harvested next week- I got the free ones like lots of other people on the forum. I keep taking my family out and showing off the ones that are poking out when I water them. Now I'm worried :panic:

Polka Dots
18-06-2009, 05:51 PM
What a shame how disappointing not just for your mindees but you too. :(

sweets
18-06-2009, 05:54 PM
I was gutted! lol. mindees weren't bothered! they just went off to play in the sand pit. I think it may be because i put too many in the bag and wasn't room for them to grow. good news is lettuces look fine, and green beans doing well:clapping: