PDA

View Full Version : anyone know where I can get a....?

LittleLamb
16-02-2008, 10:01 AM
Hi everyone! I keep seeing these but don't know what to call them or where to get one! I can best describe it like an 'upside down bin lid' that nurserys etc use as a resource for indoor sand play or messy play type activities. Hope you know what I'm talking about!! Anyone know how to get hold of one??? Many Thanks xx:jump for joy:

sarah707
16-02-2008, 10:03 AM
My messy tray is a small cat litter tray inside a cut up children's height table... it works really well and is portable, so when children are finished playing it can all be disposed of easily...

For bigger versions, you could look in Toys R Us... how about a clam shell sand pit with one side for sand and the other for messy stuff?:D

charleyfarley
16-02-2008, 10:09 AM
I use a barbecue tray, it was used for cleaning the grills and only cost £5.00

It's quite big so several children can use it at once

Carol xx

LittleLamb
16-02-2008, 10:10 AM
thanks for your quick replies. They have helped me a lot xxxxx:clapping:

crazybones
16-02-2008, 10:26 AM
Love the cat litter tray idea and have just found this.

http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/invt/9532740

Annie x

sarah707
16-02-2008, 10:30 AM
Thanks Annie - you can see my set-up in one of the photos on my website... a friend used a jigsaw to cut out the middle of the table so the tray just pops in and out :D

Rubybubbles
16-02-2008, 10:55 AM
Thanks Annie - you can see my set-up in one of the photos on my website... a friend used a jigsaw to cut out the middle of the table so the tray just pops in and out :D

ohhh good idea sarah!! At least then you don't have to walk back and forward filling the tray, the little tables can be bought cheaply too:idea: , wonder what hubby would say to me buying a brand new table and getting the power tools out:eeeek:

crazybones
16-02-2008, 11:16 AM

That looks brilliant Sarah. I am going to steal that one. I think I will do 2 and then the older ones wont push the littlies out. Since finding this site I think my monthly income is £0 or even minus once I actually get off here and sort my accounts :laughing:

Annie x

ma7ie
16-02-2008, 11:31 AM
The trays you are talking about are called Tuff Spots and cost £13.95. They are good if you've got the room, but are very big and you'd have to empty them when you've finished. I think the cat litter tray is by far simpler.

http://www.tts-group.co.uk/Product.aspx?cref=TTSPR594135

Marie x

miffy
16-02-2008, 12:47 PM
Builders use the tuf spots so you may get one cheaper from a builders merchants

Miffy xx

deeb66
16-02-2008, 12:51 PM
I much prefer the litter tray idea.........much cheaper :thumbsup:

LittleLamb
17-02-2008, 08:10 AM
Thanks everyone for the replies. I would love a Tuff Spot but maybe it is too big!! Think I will try the litter tray idea first:clapping:

manjay
17-02-2008, 08:32 AM
I have a couple of tuff spots that dh has aquired from building sites. They are fab and I look forward to using them outside over the summer

amanda xx

crazybones
17-02-2008, 08:47 AM
ohhh good idea sarah!! At least then you don't have to walk back and forward filling the tray, the little tables can be bought cheaply too:idea: , wonder what hubby would say to me buying a brand new table and getting the power tools out:eeeek:

You go for it girl. I have got a plastic little table in the garden that gets moved about all the time with no proper use and I am off to shops for litter tray. (Oh and a big plastic sheet - my little one wont do.) :laughing: Hope the kids get as excited as me. :jump for joy:
Annie x