PDA

View Full Version : sickness - should I tell?

cuffleygirl
18-06-2009, 09:12 AM
I have a mindee who arrived this morning wasn't right - Mum said not quite herself. As we were putting our shoes on for school run she was sick, she had to go on the school due to the time, Dad collected her on return. Her little sister is still here (she has not been sick but not on top of the world) Dad only has two seats in car. Dad rang nursery as sick mindee due to go later and was told exclusion of 72 hours.

Here is the thing Mindee is due to go to her other CM tomorrow (who also has a family) I am good friends with the other CM do I tell her?

I have a bucket at the ready for sis should she go down hill!

Lady Haha
18-06-2009, 09:14 AM
My first thought was, yes, tell the other minder especially as she is a friend.

But then I thought, actually, is that breaking confidentiality?

Can some one advise?

cuffleygirl
18-06-2009, 09:19 AM
Confidentiality That's my quandary - I hope that Mum does the right thing but I'm dubious. Could I get away with safety of a child? (not spreading an infection?)

sarah707
18-06-2009, 09:20 AM
We have to work in partnership with all settings.

I think it's about how you approach it... if you go to the other childminder with a bit of gossip that's totally wrong and breaking confidentiality etc.

But it you go and say 'just to let you know I haven't been able to follow through on that project with xxx because she was sick this morning and she will now be off for the next 48 hours'... then you are fine, as that shows you are working together for the good of the child.

Lady Haha
18-06-2009, 09:28 AM

I think it's about how you approach it... if you go to the other childminder with a bit of gossip that's totally wrong and breaking confidentiality etc.

But it you go and say 'just to let you know I haven't been able to follow through on that project with xxx because she was sick this morning and she will now be off for the next 48 hours'... then you are fine, as that shows you are working together for the good of the child.

Clever......:laughing:

The Juggler
18-06-2009, 01:30 PM
surely, that is just sharing information on the child. If child was with you for both days you would know, it is the same thing surely. If settings openly shared a daily diary it would be in there.

cuffleygirl
19-06-2009, 08:52 AM
As I thought Mum tried to take her to the other CM. 24 Hours after being sick at mine, as it happened I bumped into the other CM on the afternoon school run and she asked how she had been? I am not going to lie to a direct question so it was dealt with but not in a gossipy way! The CM turned her away this morning, so has nursery (due there at lunchtime) although they have backed down from 72 hour exclusion to 48 - if it is a policy stick to it.

But I couldn't leave my sick child - she slept all day and all night but Mum still thinks she is well enough to be at the CM! (Bet Mum would take the day off if she was ill!)

flora
19-06-2009, 09:21 AM

very good Sarah, I like it :clapping:

Sarahbelle
19-06-2009, 08:58 PM

Brilliant Sarah! As always! :clapping: