PDA

View Full Version : Do you wake up your children?

singlewiththree
18-06-2009, 06:26 AM
My girls are normally up at 6.30am the one day I have a child coming at 7.30am they are still in bed.

Do you normally have your children up and dressed before mindees come? I've woken the 8yr old, she obviously sorts her self out. The 4yr old dresses herself so not too worried there. The 2 yr old I've chosen her clothes (will prob get in trouble for that :rolleyes: ) and obviously I will need to do my normal morning before the school run and baby will be tired and want to nap on the school run apparently.... hum

grindal
18-06-2009, 06:30 AM
I do like to have my kids up and dressed before my mindee arrives, but I do make it clear to parents that there may be occasions when they are still in pyjamas (especially the 3rd old who is a bit on the tempremental side :panic: )
He is still in his pyjamas at the mo and as he is wearing his Iggle Piggle top it may well stay on him all day :panic:

angeldelight
18-06-2009, 06:50 AM
When my children were little I used to let them continue with their routine even if it meant they were not up when other children arrived

I tried to keep things normal for them and If I had a child arriving at 6.30 in the morning for example in the holidays then no I would def not wake my children

Angel xx

Roseolivia
18-06-2009, 06:51 AM
I wish i had to wake Rose up, she's up at anytime between 5.30 and 6.30. There has been the odd time where she's fell asleep again and is still in her pygamas. The way i see it is it's her home, i'm the one working so i should be the one who's ready for the mindees.

Jules27
18-06-2009, 06:55 AM
One mindee arrives at 6.15am most days. I am up and dressed but my children are not. Its their home afterall!!! Mindee and I have breakfast together by which time one or both of mine have surfaced usually. If they haven't then I have to wake them at 7am anyway!!!:D

PixiePetal
18-06-2009, 06:56 AM
When they were young they were usually up, in which case I had them ready. If they were not, I left them or they were in their PJs.

In hols I didn't, if they had slept in.....lucky them!

Now they are teens they are up before 6.30 and off to school by 7.30 so all before mindees arrive. In hols I leave them in their pits but ask that they are washed and dressed before making an appearance :rolleyes:

Mouse
18-06-2009, 09:00 AM
I'm always up & ready, but I don't expect my children to be.

I explain to parents that when their children arrive they will be offered quiet activities in the front room, so that my family can still use the rest of the house to get ready. Once they've all left for school or work the mindees are free to move from room to room. It's always worked well that way & the parents are happy with it.

During the holidays my children get up when they want to, but know they need to be dressed when they come downstairs.

The one thing I do insist on is that DH MUST be dressed when there are mindees present. He doesn't see anything wrong with walking round in his pants, but I really wouldn't wish that sight on anyone :laughing:

cuffleygirl
18-06-2009, 09:06 AM
No, the parents chose home based care and kids in pj's are in their home and have their own routine, however, it doesn't mean that I am paid to get my kids ready for school etc either as it would be unfair to pay more attention to my kids than the mindee's. So if mine stay in bed they have to sort themselves out a bit or they all sit down to breakfast, mindee's dressed (obviously) and mine in pjs'. I have found a balance that works for me!

fionamal
18-06-2009, 09:42 AM
Normally on school days they are up and ready but during the holidays I let them laze about a bit more.

Jules27
18-06-2009, 09:50 AM
mindee's dressed (obviously) and mine in pjs'.

My mindee arrives in his PJ's at 6.15 and I get him dressed after breakfast. Its what me and mum agreed as is easier really!!:)

aly
18-06-2009, 09:58 AM
My CDO had a go at me once for not havign my children ready before mindees come.
Sorry but as you all ahve said its their home and to be ready would mean even earlier and I dont think its fair on your own children to be disrupted out of their routines etc.

miss mopple
18-06-2009, 09:58 AM
Never. Its our home and I dont expect my children to have to be hoiked out their beds before I start work. They are often still in the land of nod when the mindees arrive and I woudlnt dream of disturbing them because I have to work

bibby76
18-06-2009, 11:26 AM
I dont wake my kids, why should i, its there home!!

especially when you have children from 6am , i wouldnt be up at that time if i didnt have to be:panic:

mammumof4
18-06-2009, 12:46 PM
i was going to ask about this my self, so thank you:clapping:
i will leave my kids in bed till 7am as usual but tell them they have to be dressed before coming down stairs (apart from my 3yr old):laughing:

mummyof3
18-06-2009, 12:57 PM
My mindee arrives at 7am, I am dressed but my 3yr old is up but still in his pjs. My other two are still fast asleep and I don't wake them until 7.30 (school day) in schl hols I let them sleep until whenever they like. It is my job and not my childrens. :D

Chatterbox Childcare
18-06-2009, 03:05 PM
I never changed my childs routine and have been known to take them in their pj's to school and then bath and breakfast when we return

Sarahbelle
19-06-2009, 09:14 PM
When my children were little I used to let them continue with their routine even if it meant they were not up when other children arrived

I tried to keep things normal for them and If I had a child arriving at 6.30 in the morning for example in the holidays then no I would def not wake my children

Angel xx

I agree with you angel.:thumbsup:

her8y
19-06-2009, 10:49 PM
The one thing I do insist on is that DH MUST be dressed when there are mindees present. He doesn't see anything wrong with walking round in his pants, but I really wouldn't wish that sight on anyone :laughing:

:laughing: :ROFL1: :magnificent: :ROFL1:

Sounds like my house!

miffy
19-06-2009, 10:52 PM

Angel xx

Same here!

I don't think it's fair to expect your children to be up and dressed when mindees arrive if they wouldn't normally be.

Miffy xx

Baildon bears
20-06-2009, 01:02 PM
My kids are always in p.js as i have a mindee starting at 7.30 as well, my youngest usally has a bare bottom, but it is lovely, so i let him off. ;)

Hannah

beckyteddy
20-06-2009, 01:34 PM
I always try and think what I would let a minded child do in my home if it meant they were kept in their routine and I would certainly not hoick a minded child out of bed just so they could have their clothes on before anybody else arrived. So I think letting my own children get out of bed and get dressed when their own routine dictates is perfecty ok!

Daftbat
20-06-2009, 03:02 PM
never mind the kids being in their pj's when mindees arrive - sometimes i am in mine!!!!:laughing: :laughing:

I sometimes have to start work at just after 6am or around 6.30 for two children (different families) who are 11 and 9. Their parents are happy that i get up to let them in then go and get dressed. Obviously i have to put in the extra effort and be dressed for younger children but i am rubbish in the morning so i neeeeeed every extra minute in bed that i can get:D

sonia ann
20-06-2009, 04:25 PM

my hubby wears just his dressing gown at weekends....doesn't cover an awful lot.:panic: .....so i have to insist that he gets dressed before coming downstairs in the week when mindees are here .....otherwise I can imagine the comments.....heaven forbid ...social services would have a field day:panic: :panic:

helenlc
21-06-2009, 11:51 AM
I dont get my children up. As someone else said, I am at work not them. And its their house.

A few weeks ago, I had my friends children from 6.30am just for two days. My son thought it was great as he had permission to get out of bed before 7!! My 9 yr old daughter came downstairs for a few minutes, then disappeared. She had taken herself back to bed!!!:laughing: :laughing:

breezy
21-06-2009, 03:51 PM
mostly mine are up early, but i never get them up, it's their home, besides which one mindee regularly arrives in her pyjamas, even at 9am!

ORKSIE
21-06-2009, 04:03 PM
When mine were little I let them sleep if it didnt affect what I had planned for the day. Now they big they are just lazy so and so's:panic:

Gizmo
21-06-2009, 04:04 PM
I was wondering about this too, my new mindee will be arriving at 7.15 and kids usually getting up around then, will just keep them to their own routine and mindee can fit in round about us :thumbsup: