PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!

Little Pumpkins
16-02-2008, 08:30 AM
As I put in my boobed post I was unsure of doing the right thing regarding two children who will only be with me four times a month.

Unfortunatly now its come to a head and I really need advice.

You see I had someone wanting to sign up three siblings who would be more hours a week than the others are a month, plus theyre set days and full time in school holidays.

So what do I do, from a financial view I would be better with the new three and also it would mean I could fit another child around them. (as one of the three is 9)

Also the contract for the two who are only 4 days a month is signed but they dont even start till March

So any help as to where I stand would be greatly appreciated. and what I should do.

miffy
16-02-2008, 08:49 AM
Sorry I haven't seen your other post so don't know about the two children 4days a month

When were they due to start in March - I suppose if you want to terminate the contract you will have to go by whatever notice period you put in it unless you talk to mum and agree that you can no longer have these children.

Good luck
Miffy xx

Little Pumpkins
16-02-2008, 08:53 AM
Hiya

sorry didnt explain well, the kids are due to start the 11th March, and I have a three week notice period

I did explain to mum that I could take them, but only while I didnt have someone wanting more hours. I took no retainer because of this,

I will be posting a letter registered post to her on Monday, so I have proof it was sent.

I really think this has been my first big mistake, as I should have been strong enough to just say no in the first place.

sarah707
16-02-2008, 10:00 AM
Don't beat yourself up over it - it is very hard to say no to some parents, especially if they are finding it hard to get a childminder and pushing you... you haven't started with these children yet, so there isn't an issue over bonding or continuity of care and you did explain yourself very clearly to the parent at the outset... plus she still has 3 weeks to sort herself out. :D

deeb66
16-02-2008, 02:12 PM
I agree with Sarah

You did warn the mum that you would only hold the place unless something else came along......it's not as if she didn't know.

The contract hasn't effectively started and you didn't take a retainer (that would have caused problems if you had) and you are giving her 3 weeks notice.

These sorts of things happen.......don't worry about it.